All Treasure Hunting

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Despite what post apocalyptic movies and every doomsday prepper fancies a good investment, silver and gold will be about as valuable as soiled diaper in a world wide catastrophic event, and one could make a strong argument the soiled diaper is more useful as bait in a trap or fertilizer for your garden.....If we ever experience a worldwide collapse (a "doomsday" scenario), with 8 billion people on this earth starving, clean water and food stores will be the most valuable commodity, followed closely by medicine, shelter and clothing and Mr Smith and Wesson to protect it. When your survival shortens to one week without clean water, gold and silver's demand and value will fall of a cliff faster then lemmings into the sea....

Don't get stuck with a closet full of gold. Better it be stocked with food, water and clothing.

Ponteach

Feb 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deep, you forgot the Women's , that's a + to get stuck with...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
already Crashing. Beginning of the Year I Bought 10 Dozen Lrge Eggs.
They were Priced at .99
Today I bought 1 Dozen Eggs priced AT $1.79

beginning of the year I paid $2.39 a Gallon For Gas,
Today I Passed the Closest Station was $2.89 I Figured Somewhere I Could find Cheaper.
Everyone was $2.89 Till I Got Back to town.
In one & a half Hours it Rose here to $2.99 :( never did Fill up :(

neighbor in the apartment told me yesterday our rent is rising :( no idea How much

Got my Comcast Bill Yesterday the Local government raised their fees to Comcast.
They past it on to it's Customers at $20 More a Month.
even though my Bill was Not supposed to Rise for another Year, The passed it on to me anyway.

those are just the rises this week I've noticed .

Oh by the Way apparently the Racists at Aunt Jemima Just decided they Don't Like Looking at a Black Woman,
or the Name Aunt Jemima . https://www.auntjemima.com/ I Guess I can at least find a Cheaper Generic Brand
and boycott "Pearl Milling" ! :coffee2: I did Email them and Call them Racist #^$@^%#$ for a Laugh :laughing7:

Last edited:

Ponteach

Feb 1, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff your the only one on tnet tonight, you answer on all my comments, loll, ha ha, auntjemima racist thing came out at the same time as uncle bens, last year
same, see uncle bens

IDXMonster

Mar 16, 2014
New Glarus,WI
Detector(s) used
Current….Deus2, ExplorerSEPro, Explorer2, IDXPro-M
Past….Deus1, CTX3030, Equinox800, eTrac, Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Despite what post apocalyptic movies and every doomsday prepper fancies a good investment, silver and gold will be about as valuable as soiled diaper in a world wide catastrophic event, and one could make a strong argument the soiled diaper is more useful as bait in a trap or fertilizer for your garden.....If we ever experience a worldwide collapse (a "doomsday" scenario), with 8 billion people on this earth starving, clean water and food stores will be the most valuable commodity, followed closely by medicine, shelter and clothing and Mr Smith and Wesson to protect it. When your survival shortens to one week without clean water, gold and silver's demand and value will fall of a cliff faster then lemmings into the sea....

Don't get stuck with a closet full of gold. Better it be stocked with food, water and clothing.

I’m not gonna argue any of that....if it were to get to that point.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Imagine if you and your family were hunkered down after an apocalypse and looking at your food stores you had 1 months worth of food and some dude from Tnet shows up with the lost Dents run gold and wants 2 weeks of your food in exchange. Literally, one of those little single serving Salt and Pepper packs from Burger King would be more valuable to you then his gold.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At these times, I wish that I had a 1000 areas farm where it is always hot and the crops grown all year around. I would never run out of food and moonshine. Tippy my cat and I loves # 7. A great sense of humor.

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Word of advice/ Don't purchase Jumbo eggs, because they are the same size of X-Large, but, higher prices. Check it out.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I tend to agree, but most people who stack precious metals do so as a hedge against inflation, an investment, and a hedge against the $$ tanking, which usually drives up the price of precious metals.
I don't think many people think that they are realistically going to be bartering an ounce of silver for half a loaf of bread, if it gets to that point you'd shoot the guy and take his bread, of he'd shoot you and talk the silver.

Keep in mind also that large food/water stockpiles are difficult for the average person to maintain because of shelf life - You really can't stock enough to last, say, half a year and expect to keep it fresh with daily consumption/rotation.

eman1000

Feb 24, 2016
Elizabethtown, IN
Detector(s) used
XP Deus ORX, Etrac, F75, Simplex, MX5, V3i, Equinox, Tesoro Vaq, F22
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Eventually unless something changes it's inevitable - downfall of our free market and inflation will eventually become a major issue. The National Dept is something like 28 Trillion and that comes out to about $223k per tax payer. Our Liabilities are already greater than our national assets so on paper we are already upside down.

Either prices go up or you have to print more money - one of which delays the inevitable.

In an end of the world scenario sure I would agree silver and gold are probably worthless, but in an economic depression or collapse of a single country anyone who isn't buying Silver and Gold now will be kicking themselves 20 years from now. I bought a couple rolls of silver 2 years ago at 16 and ounce or roughly 18.5 for silver eagles with the premium. I wish I had bought a lot more as we will soon reach 40 an ounce. IMO

When I read about Hyperinflation in countries like 1920's soviet Russia it's hard not to see we are on the same path. We may not be printing new denominations yet, but we have new alloys of pocket change that is essential worthless and now one cares about. The Penny and Nickel cost the taxpayer more to make then they are worth and the vast majority of the population is clueless. I was actually educating a young man on this very topic today he didn't even know if a Silver Eagle was legal tender and he is our company accountant! Sadly we live in a world at the moment where values are calculated by credits, coins, gems, bitcoin, V-bucks or whatever other number exist in the cloud. It may very well be the future but the transition will be painful for the dollar at the very least.

HH and pull all the silver you can still find!
eman

Last edited:

bartholomewroberts

Feb 23, 2011
Cedar, B.C.
Detector(s) used
excal2, XP Deus, Whites TDI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Food, clean water, medicine, and a way to keep producing food.. A few guns are never a bad idea either;

to hunt game and protect yourself.. These are the things that will have real value in any SHTF scenario.

The bonus might be silver or gold; but since you cannot eat or drink them, they will have limited use.

I have heard that alcohol [I do not drink so that is a non starter for me] would be a good thing to

have on hand as well.. makes great barter currency.

Micheal

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Food, clean water, medicine, and a way to keep producing food.. A few guns are never a bad idea either; to hunt game and protect yourself.. These are the things that will have real value in any SHTF scenario.

Agreed, but city people generally do not have the outdoor skills
needed to survive. To most, the farm and meat market are located
at the local supermarket.

Don't have much gold or silver, but I do have a home sitting on
a river large enough to have 6 different runs of salmon each year,
and I'm surrounded by wilderness loaded with elk, deer, bear
and loads of smaller game. Oh yeah...and my wife can can anything..:)

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I totally agree we are heading in a bad direction and if the stuff doesn't hit the fan the dollar certainly is going to suffer badly. I was thinking about investing in some stock and then saw the hyperinflation starting up and said to myself, no way. Everything is too fragile for me to take that leap and our current leadership isn't helping. eman1000 is right that the melt value of some coins are even higher than the face value now and that doesn't even count the costs in making the coins.

I'd love to be more self sufficient, but it takes a great deal of money to invest it into yourself to cover all bases. I'm stuck in an urban setting on a fixed income. On a good sidenote is that I found running water streaming under my home years ago that i can tap for use here. Boil it and run it through a filter and that problem is solved. The toilet doesn't care and I can just fill the tank up in back straight away.

BTW, all you guys that use gold and silver for a shtf situation can come over here and I'll sell you some bread for all you've got. You guys are right that it's only good for an inflation hedge, but only if someone out there is willing to exchange for it at the higher rates. Don't put all your extra large eggs (lol) into 1 basket. S & W resides here too and is a necessity.

Last edited:

shovelready

Apr 21, 2015
s.w.washington
Detector(s) used
tesoro outlaw vaquero, anfibio multi, Makro pulse dive
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bell has already rung folks, control the money,control the nation's. Control the food, control the people.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. It will be there for a long time, unless you manage to tare your country apart. As long as there is a USA, tghere will be 200 M people behind and word's strongest military, you have nothing to be affraid of. Of course, there will always be a devalvation, elites just can't help themselfes unless they take something from somebody's else pocket.

BillA

Bronze Member
May 12, 2005
Drake, Costa Rica
No. It will be there for a long time, unless you manage to tare your country apart. As long as there is a USA, tghere will be 200 M people behind and word's strongest military, you have nothing to be affraid of. Of course, there will always be a devalvation, elites just can't help themselfes unless they take something from somebody's else pocket.
no, suggest travel for perspective
we are witnessing the worldwide looting of the public treasury, debt does not matter and there is a race to offload as much paper as possible - none will be redeemed
when is the big question

what should be feared is the use of war to forestall economic collapse by the same jerk politicians that debased the currency, if you spend more than you make......

look in the mirror, accept that you see a sheep (a breeder of soldiers) and ask "Am I being prepared for war?"
Look at the unending propaganda demonizing Russia and China
yes, the US has the biggest war machine the world has known and it is practicing constantly
think for a moment: Do you think that the US would ever war with ONLY China OR Russia?
never happen, together they win
go ahead, have children to feed the war machine

but the US still wants to rule

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
already Crashing. Beginning of the Year I Bought 10 Dozen Lrge Eggs.
They were Priced at .99
Today I bought 1 Dozen Eggs priced AT $1.79

beginning of the year I paid $2.39 a Gallon For Gas,
Today I Passed the Closest Station was $2.89 I Figured Somewhere I Could find Cheaper.
Everyone was $2.89 Till I Got Back to town.
In one & a half Hours it Rose here to $2.99 :( never did Fill up :(

neighbor in the apartment told me yesterday our rent is rising :( no idea How much

Got my Comcast Bill Yesterday the Local government raised their fees to Comcast.
They past it on to it's Customers at $20 More a Month.
even though my Bill was Not supposed to Rise for another Year, The passed it on to me anyway.

those are just the rises this week I've noticed .

Word of advice/ Don't purchase Jumbo eggs, because they are the same size of X-Large, but, higher prices. Check it out.

One has to know that not all eggs are created equal. Now I can't keep the large eggs on hand as I just started selling them a large size gets $6.00 a dozen for organic fed. Now take a look at this post up of a few eggs and see what a large and a jumbo egg looks like. The jumbo is jumbo and my scale proves that.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/everything-else/622622-gifs-pics-more-223.html

Jeff you living on the cheap really as we're paying $4.50 for that same gas. It take a $1000+ a month to rent a one bedroom cockroach hotel room, a house that sold for under a 100K are getting a 100K over asking now a year later.
A 5 gal bucket of hydraulic fluid was $35-now retails for a $100 a yr later.
Want to build anything a 2x4 will run a $1.00 a foot-where as it was 35 cents just a few years back.
Plywood sheeting 3/8" is nearing a $1.00 sq.ft.

But you can't eat money-nor silver/gold-just ask the good folks of TX how they made out with a little taste of the Mother Nature this past week or so back.
Power/water-better have a back up plan....food on store if there are no stores...how long can one get along?

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The bell has already rung folks, control the money,control the nation's. Control the food, control the people.

It may be out of fashion to admit, but mortal man does not do well when "in charge". Control is simply not our department. Heck, most people these days can't even control themselves.

Like Ben Franklin said- "Mind Your Business".

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One has to know that not all eggs are created equal. Now I can't keep the large eggs on hand as I just started selling them a large size gets $6.00 a dozen for organic fed. Now take a look at this post up of a few eggs and see what a large and a jumbo egg looks like. The jumbo is jumbo and my scale proves that.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/everything-else/622622-gifs-pics-more-223.html

Jeff you living on the cheap really as we're paying $4.50 for that same gas. It take a $1000+ a month to rent a one bedroom cockroach hotel room, a house that sold for under a 100K are getting a 100K over asking now a year later.
A 5 gal bucket of hydraulic fluid was $35-now retails for a $100 a yr later.
Want to build anything a 2x4 will run a $1.00 a foot-where as it was 35 cents just a few years back.
Plywood sheeting 3/8" is nearing a $1.00 sq.ft.

But you can't eat money-nor silver/gold-just ask the good folks of TX how they made out with a little taste of the Mother Nature this past week or so back.
Power/water-better have a back up plan....food on store if there are no stores...how long can one get along?

I'll Never Buy Organic or Free Range eggs I'm actually used to .99 for an 18 Count Pack of Large Eggs here . Jumbo used to be Cheaper.
I've seen specially wrapped eggs in the Freezer with outrageous prices. No way ! they would have to be Proven to add 100 More years to my Life
to get me to pay those prices for Eggs. I Normally avoid eggs over a Dollar. I Just may stop eating them.
I Had 2 this morning along with an orange and hunk of bologna, instead of my Normal 3 , and bacon and toast,

Purchased Oatmeal & Shredded Wheat for stretching the Dozen eggs to 18 Days instead of 6
May do without Breakfast at times to make them last even longer.

no idea how much milk rose, i never check and remember the price of milk.
or cereals

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread