Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What?!? That is so wrong for your Grammie!

If she in a home woulda got it by now...
But she cooped up in her condo, driving around like a boss, but only to neighborhood Walmart for groceries
My mom checks in on her, but aside from that, bored out of her mind.
She not worried about not seeing her friends, cuz she outlived them all....
Mom still not got shot yet either.
Like I said..,
F Florida.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As the laggard states, such as mine, fail to learn from the states with more successful vaccine rollouts, achieving herd immunity becomes more difficult and delayed. The delays are critical because the virus is mutating more quickly than vaccines are reaching arms. Of the 10 most common variants of covid-19, the five most dangerous are proving to be more immune to the mRNA vaccines. I anticipate at least annual boosters or new vaccines with different mRNA segments constructed to attack new variants.

This topic is relevant to those of us considering TH'ing with friends, asking permissions from property owners and farmers leasing land, etc, so I thank the mods for allowing this discussion. It is appropriate IMHO.

It is easy to get discouraged and may be necessary to expand our vaccine searches - even to other states. I continue to waste an hour or so each day on the CDC vaccine finder site, state vacc portal, and every pharmacy within 50 miles. Although I've been eligible for 7 weeks now (over 65 group), and pre-registered at my county health dept, state health dept, and some pharmacy wait lists, I have not gotten anywhere close to finding a vaccine. If it was not so tragic, the poor rollout designs and incorrect, conflicting information on the gov't sites would be humorous. How those without internet access or knowledge or the patience of Job, stick it out, I don't know.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Mom and dad got their second shot yesterday. I know that my father, 86, has gone along with it all to keep my mother happy. He’s always been quite active, he hits shops and businesses every other day, yard work, helps me split wood at my house; the guy takes no medications, exercises daily and eats healthy. He has more energy than me and I’m almost 60. Mom says “I’m free! I’m free!”, after getting the second shot and she really seems to be a lot less wound up now.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wednesday for first phizer shot a little out of way but taking it work said they’ll pay for time loss so that’s pretty good

That is an enlightened policy. My son is a first responder - firefighter/EMT with one of the busiest fire departments in the country and has carried, given aid, and transported hundreds of covid positive people, including some so overweight they required several people to lift and carry. He got both doses - as he should, but had to do it on a day off and drive a long way to get it.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got my first scheduled for this Wednesday also...
My 93 yo Grammie in FL still waiting for hers:BangHead:
F Florida.

In any rational distribution plan, your grammie would have been vaccinated first as she is most vulnerable. The lack of rationality is not limited to FL. What angers me is that scientists worked 24/7 to come up with effective vaccine designs, big pharma companies ramped up to produce them in quantities impressive with Biologics, and then the job of distribution was handed to people at the state level concerned only about re-election or some new office. So the virus mutates while these fools put the vaccines on the shelf for later. If my house was on fire and a water truck showed up, it would be like using only half the water and saving the rest in the tank in case they needed it for another fire later.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In any rational distribution plan, your grammie would have been vaccinated first as she is most vulnerable.

Unfortunately, the well to do are cutting in line to take advantage of their connections. My local hospital conglomerate (Lifespan) had the audacity to vaccinate their accountants first, long before most elderly got their shots. How did they justify that arrogance? "Well, our hospital won't run without our accountants!" I'm paraphrasing this comment, but that's basically what the head honcho stated when this info came out on the news. Nice.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
And since the covid shot is needed every year, this is only the beginning.
I'm glad I already had it and I'm immune now.
I'd rather have immunity than a secret serum injected into me.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For what it's worth... immunity is temporary whether it's natural immunity from having had the virus, or from getting the vaccine. Another issue is the fact that the virus is constantly mutating. New variants can and will emerge, defeating some of the previously developed immunities. Most of the people I know that had it have fully recovered. Two didn't though, one was a fellow moderator on another forum I belong to, and the other was a lifelong friend. I won't mind getting a yearly Covid vaccination booster if it helps keep the virus from spreading and mutating further. I would like for all of this to be a distant memory, even if it's a bad one.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So when is your third?

Hopefully, your third will be next winter to protect you from some of the new variants that are evolving to survive the existing vaccines.

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As luck would have it (or maybe the gov't really IS monitoring tnet...), while on the phone with another tnetter this afternoon, I got a text message from the state to schedule my vaccinations - the first next week at Blue Crab stadium mass vacc site.

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wednesday got my first then got back to work to hear 2 of our 22 positive for COVID. So Thursday got tested and so far at least it’s negative. Getting a few paid days off work is the bright side. To get test doc said since I had asthma and sore throat I needed to go to emergency room. They thought I had a bad case and treated me aggressively but after all tests came back negative and really good they released me with clean bill of health. In couple weeks vaccine will prevent infection and at 3?weeks I’ll be fully immunized.

Johnnybravo300

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2016
South of Gunnison, Gold Basin
Detector(s) used
F2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Once they get most of the population on these mystery shots there will always be another deadly strain coming to kill us.
Pretty soon there will only be 99.98 percent of us left alive!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

The virus has killed 1 in 600 Americans. That's more like 1.6% of the population or 98.4% left alive.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once they get most of the population on these mystery shots there will always be another deadly strain coming to kill us.

The virus has killed 1 in 600 Americans. That's more like 1.6% of the population or 98.4% left alive.

If a loved one or close friend is within that .02 - 1.6 that is still too many!

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
i checked the stats on Vaccinations today, looks like a slow roll worldwide
the case/death daily not looking good worldwide
usa
Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 5.40.15 PM.png
world
Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 11.17.25 AM.png

cases world
Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 11.17.47 AM.png
world average daily case/deaths
Screenshot 2021-03-19 at 11.19.54 AM.png

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In USA of of March 18, 41 million people in the US are fully vaccinated, another 77 million have received the first dose total 118 million have received a vaccine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions