Not open for further replies.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I had my 2nd shot on Thursday but plan to wear my mask even after my 2 weeks in support of those than have not had the opportunity to receive their shots yet. I don’t really think that the mask is a big inconvenience but that’s just me. I pray everyone will stay healthy !!

There will always be some who choose to go unvaccinated. Why should we all go on indefinitely wearing masks for them? I have always resented the mask mandates as unconstitutional as they are a violation of my rights. I do wear a mask not because of any mandates though. Once I am fully immunized my mask comes off. That's also when big brother will ask, papers please?, to prove I've been immunized. Never in the history of this country have we ever succumbed to tyranny such as is being doled out by liberals here today.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I disagree, it doesn't show unconcern, I took the precaution to be vaccinated, they can either be vaccinated or wear a mask, heck, they can wear two, one for them and one for me, to spread the virus you need to have a concentration of the virus in your body and with the vaccine even if virus is contracted virus load is so low as the likely hood of spreading virus is next to zero.

Sorry, I was only quoting the source that you posted as a reference. :dontknow:
I have been vaccinated and only plan to wear a mask around the unvaccinated that I care about, the rest are on their own!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No problem Goody, I have read multiple articles say transmitting after vaccinated is extremely low. MSM reports will keep telling you to social distance and wear masks.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There will always be some who choose to go unvaccinated. Why should we all go on indefinitely wearing masks for them? I have always resented the mask mandates as unconstitutional as they are a violation of my rights. I do wear a mask not because of any mandates though. Once I am fully immunized my mask comes off. That's also when big brother will ask, papers please?, to prove I've been immunized. Never in the history of this country have we ever succumbed to tyranny such as is being doled out by liberals here today.

You have allowed yourself to be injected with an unknown, unproven, untested serum - You are winging it every bit as much as those who have not submitted to the fear mob, every bit as much as those who wear masks and don't.
Agree about the tyranny which cannot be discussed here, that tyranny is there and will get worse by the day, jab or no jab, mask or no mask.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's not " unknown, unproven, untested serum", we know what is in it, it has been proven effective and it has been tested.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It's not " unknown, unproven, untested serum", we know what is in it, it has been proven effective and it has been tested.

Your opinion vs mine, I don't see yours as superior.
You would doubtless say the same, so good luck with that well proven, well tested serum [that all companies and govt for some odd reason have complete, blanket immunity from any lawsuits when things go wrong] !

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your opinion vs mine, I don't see yours as superior.
You would doubtless say the same, so good luck with that well proven, well tested serum [that all companies and govt for some odd reason have complete, blanket immunity from any lawsuits when things go wrong] !

Where did I say my opinion was superior?:dontknow:

I have no concerns what so ever about my covid vaccination, you don't want it that is your choice your right, just as those who do want it is their choice their right. I was in far more danger flying on B-52s, going through hurricanes, blizzards, climbing in the mountains, driving to the local store, driving across country dozens of times and any of dozens of other things I have done and do on a daily basis.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Is it true that one must first sign a consent form releasing liability, and “that this product has not been approved or licensed by FDA, but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA under an EUA to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for use in individuals 18 years of age and older.” Asking for a neighbor.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
You have allowed yourself to be injected with an unknown, unproven, untested serum - You are winging it every bit as much as those who have not submitted to the fear mob, every bit as much as those who wear masks and don't.
Agree about the tyranny which cannot be discussed here, that tyranny is there and will get worse by the day, jab or no jab, mask or no mask.

I look at it this way, it's my personal choice to try the vaccine as I don't believe it will harm me, my opinion. You can go unvaccinated and I view that as your right and choice to do or not do and is along the same lines, also in my opinion, as the masks are concerned. It should be a choice to wear a mask or not and some politicians have overstepped their authority in mandating them.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over 121.5 million Americans have received at least 1 dose of vaccine to date, that is over 1/3 of America with at least 1 dose. As of March 20, 2021 U.S. is averaging 2,248,285 doses per day.

Last edited:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Is it true that one must first sign a consent form releasing liability, and “that this product has not been approved or licensed by FDA, but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA under an EUA to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for use in individuals 18 years of age and older.” Asking for a neighbor.

I signed no such thing. I did get 1 shot already for the record. I did sign a consent to be vaccinated and released the place doing the vaccinating from liability.

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Where did I say my opinion was superior?:dontknow:

I have no concerns what so ever about my covid vaccination, you don't want it that is your choice your right, just as those who do want it is their choice their right. I was in far more danger flying on B-52s, going through hurricanes, blizzards, climbing in the mountains, driving to the local store, driving across country dozens of times and any of dozens of other things I have done and do on a daily basis.

Th I appreciate your service, particularly in that era, but has zero to do with this.
I am a grown man, over 50, have worked union construction heavy industry for over 2 decades and have done many risky things the average person would not dream of [right now I am working on a huge bridge, often dangling 200ft up in the air over land and sea], but that does not give me special insight into risk assessment for an experimental vaccine against a bio engineered infection.
You say its safe, that is your opinion, yes, opinion. It was rushed into production without any proper testing, in fact variants of the same serum have been rejected precisely because it was not proven safe for over a decade. The only way to get it in production was issuing emergency edicts by govt officials, which included blanket immunity for any possible liability down the road, whether its tomorrow or 5 years from now. There are many people far, far more qualified to offer an opinion than you or I that theorize its safe, there are many who say its not.

Various things about it are a matter of debate/opinion, to flat out say "its safe, I told you so, now get your shot, take off the mask and move on" is based on nothing but a warm, fuzzy feeling, and absorbing only info that you want to hear.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Th I appreciate your service, particularly in that era, but has zero to do with this.
I am a grown man, over 50, have worked union construction heavy industry for over 2 decades and have done many risky things the average person would not dream of [right now I am working on a huge bridge, often dangling 200ft up in the air over land and sea], but that does not give me special insight into risk assessment for an experimental vaccine against a bio engineered infection.
You say its safe, that is your opinion, yes, opinion. It was rushed into production without any proper testing, in fact variants of the same serum have been rejected precisely because it was not proven safe for over a decade. The only way to get it in production was issuing emergency edicts by govt officials, which included blanket immunity for any possible liability down the road, whether its tomorrow or 5 years from now. There are many people far, far more qualified to offer an opinion than you or I that theorize its safe, there are many who say its not.

Various things about it are a matter of debate/opinion, to flat out say "its safe, I told you so, now get your shot, take off the mask and move on" is based on nothing but a warm, fuzzy feeling, and absorbing only info that you want to hear.

I also worked construction, poured concrete floors, walked 2 and 3 story apartment lintels as a crane swung concrete over to me to pour, fell off 1, 2 and 3 story buildings being built, was also a chimney sweep for 7 years working on 2 and 3 story iced roofs.

I never said or implied the things I have done gave me special insight, my comparison was that I have done things a lot more dangerous to me than taking a vaccine. I have also repeatedly said it is personal choice to take or not take and I have no issue with someone who doesn't want to take the vaccine, that is their choice, their right.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also worked construction, poured concrete floors, walked 2 and 3 story apartment lintels as a crane swung concrete over to me to pour, fell off 1, 2 and 3 story buildings being built, was also a chimney sweep for 7 years working on 2 and 3 story iced roofs.

I never said or implied the things I have done gave me special insight, my comparison was that I have done things a lot more dangerous to me than taking a vaccine. I have also repeatedly said it is personal choice to take or not take and I have no issue with someone who doesn't want to take the vaccine, that is their choice, their right.

Absolutely.
My issue it statements like "It's not " unknown, unproven, untested serum", we know what is in it, it has been proven effective and it has been tested." being presented as fact when in fact its opinion.
It is unproven, it is untested. It has been rejected as a safety concern for decades until recent partisan emergency proclamations.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely.
My issue is statements like "It's not " unknown, unproven, untested serum", we know what is in it, it has been proven effective and it has been tested." being presented as fact when in fact its opinion.
It is unproven, it is untested. It has been rejected as a safety concern for decades until recent partisan emergency proclamations.

My issue is statements like "unknown, unproven and untested", there are dozens of studies on it, over 1/3 of America has had at least 1 dose of the vaccine with very, very few issues found.

We can agree to disagree...:icon_thumright:

"During clinical trials, the Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines were found to be exceedingly safe, with headache, fatigue, and arm pain reported as the most common side effects. “These vaccines do cause temporary side effects in a good proportion of people who get them. You’re going to feel a little achy, as if you’re fighting off a low-grade bug, especially after the second dose of the mRNA vaccine,” says Megan Ranney, MD, MPH, an emergency medicine physician and founding director of the Brown-Lifespan Center for Digital Health at Brown University. “These side effects show that your immune system is mounting a response, they are to be expected, and they are not dangerous.”

As the vaccines have rolled out to a wider population, though, a few people have reported having an allergic reaction to the vaccine, including anaphylaxis — a severe, life-threatening reaction.

A report published in JAMA Network on Feb. 12, 2021, of vaccinations between Dec. 14, 2020, through Jan. 18, 2021, found that a total of 66 people suffered anaphylaxis after vaccination during that time period — and that the rate was approximately 4.7 cases per million doses for the Pfizer vaccine and 2.5 cases per million doses for the Moderna vaccine. Most of those 66 people received epinephrine and/or steroid treatment, a few were hospitalized, and none died.
“The post-trial monitoring has shown that the rate of anaphylaxis is really not much higher, if at all, than any other type of vaccine out there,” Ranney explains. “The data is super clear that the benefit of the vaccines … far outweighs this very small risk, which is in the order of three per million vaccines administered. And anaphylaxis is completely treatable.”

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We can all copy & paste opinions/stats that suit our arguments - I tried that pages ago and was told this is not the place for it.

In any case, lets hope it is effective against the coming mutations, else the jab is pretty much for nothing.

[h=2]New York COVID variant could infect vaccinated residents and those who have already had the virus, former FDA head Dr. Scott Gottlieb warns[/h]
  • Dr Scott Gottlieb has warned that the New York variant of COVID-19 could reinfect survivors of the virus and people who have been vaccinated
  • The former FDA Commissioner said Sunday that it is not yet known where it is causing an increase in cases in parts of New York City
  • He said: 'The question is whether 1.526 is responsible for some of the increases that we're seeing in New York right now'
  • Data shows New York has administered more than 7.4 million vaccine doses
  • About 2.4 million people have been fully vaccinated, which represents about 12.6 per cent of the state's population
  • Gottlieb's remarks come just a day after protesters gathered in Manhattan's Union Square to demonstrate against wearing masks and getting vaccinated

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...19-variant-infect-vaccinated-New-Yorkers.html

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got my first dose today was in and out in minutes, no waiting. I'll let you know what the side effects are. So far, just a sore arm, but its only been 8 hours.

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it true that one must first sign a consent form releasing liability, and “[FONT=&]that this product has not been approved or licensed by FDA, but has been [/FONT][FONT=&]authorized for emergency use by FDA [/FONT][FONT=&]under an EUA to prevent Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for use in individuals 18 years of age and older.” Asking for a neighbor.[/FONT]

I didn't have to sign anything today. I showed up, they asked my name and i was taken to a nurse who had a few medical questions about allergies and any medications i might be on. Never had to sign anything, didn't even have to show my ID. From my arrival to getting the shot was less then 5 minutes.

For the conspiracy minded who seem to think they'll take your DNA to track and sequence your genetics, no blood was drawn. None, zilch, nada. I watched them pull out a clean syringe, give me the shot and dispose of the needle into their sharps bin.

Last edited:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I would like to add that they will ask you to wait 15 minutes after being injected to verify no adverse reactions to the vaccine being some have had allergic reactions. Also, my wife had her 2nd dose of Moderna and had flu-like symptoms for less than half a day and an increased soreness in the arm over the 1st round. She didn't get the vaccine from the same place I got mine and all she signed was a questionnaire for general health reasons and a consent to be vaccinated. I guess it varies somewhat depending on where one gets the vaccine.

edit to add- I did not have to wait where I was and I was first for the day. Nobody else was there until a 2nd person showed up during my wait period. No lines. My wife had to wait in a huge line of hundreds of people.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread