Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm a scotch man, I have 8 fifths of Chavis Regal Scotch, I picked up 6 fifths when I was in Hong Kong airport in a duty free shop while returning to states from Philippines in 2019, they were running a special, 6 fifths with a chavis regal carry on bag, I used the bag to get it back to the states.

You say you eat mostly Asian food too, Treasure_Hunter, what do you mean by "Asian food"?

I'm more of a walleye and baked potato with steamed broccoli and a cup full of Bushmill's type guy. But to each their own. I've had real Taiwanese food, not the stuff they put on the menu but the stuff the cook eats. I can not imagine it going with scotch. Maybe wine or possibly an ale, maybe vodka mixed with Mountain Dew. But scotch?

I gotta try that.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife is Filipino, 90% of my diet is Filipino dishes, our rice cooker runs 24/7/365 days a year, a combination of wild rice, brown rice and either red or black rice mixed before cooking, lots of vegetables, soups. We eat lot of fish, if wife fries it is in little bit of olive oil and vinegar or in our air fryer.

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Wife is Filipino, 90% of my diet is Filipino dishes, our rice cooker runs 24/7/365 days a year, a combination of wild rice, brown rice and either red or black rice mixed before cooking, lots of vegetables, soups. We eat lot of fish, if wife fries it is in little bit of olive oil and vinegar or in our air fryer.

Doesn't your wife like other dishes? Has she even tried to eat other foods? Rice all of the time is not good for you.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like I might be one of the fortunate ones. More than 24 hours since my second COVID Pfizer vaccine and no reaction to it what so ever.

Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the one and done Doc Johnson shot today at 130 pm, no noticeable side effects yet.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doesn't your wife like other dishes? Has she even tried to eat other foods? Rice all of the time is not good for you.

Did you miss the part about her being Asian...LOL

We do not eat white rice, we mix wild rice, brown rice and usually black, red or pink rice together then cook it in a rice cooker. Rice is a very good source of fiber, contains antioxidants that are good for the heart.

18 Health Benefits of Rice (#Energy Source, Brain & Skin) - DrHealthBenefits.com

Meals are not just rice, only that rice is served every meal, she even eats it at breakfast, I will also on occasion, usually with onions, I will make my own fried rice. Wife does not like potatoes, but loves sweet potatoes. My doctor tells me I am in very good health and that is is probably because of my diet.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am filling my freezers right now with fresh caught crappie. Have 3 deer in there also. Lost 20+lbs since we kinda skipped the Christmas holidays due to my nephew having Covid. One Moderna shot down and one to go.
I say hurry up already lets get this plague behind us. Lol. Speaking of plagues this is the year of the cacadas in my area. I am actually gonna try a few recipes on them. Will update :).

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you miss the part about her being Asian...LOL

We do not eat white rice, we mix wild rice, brown rice and usually black, red or pink rice together then cook it in a rice cooker. Rice is a very good source of fiber, contains antioxidants that are good for the heart.

18 Health Benefits of Rice (#Energy Source, Brain & Skin) - DrHealthBenefits.com

Meals are not just rice, only that rice is served every meal, she even eats it at breakfast, I will also on occasion, usually with onions, I will make my own fried rice. Wife does not like potatoes, but loves sweet potatoes. My doctor tells me I am in very good health and that is is probably because of my diet.

My wife is from Thailand and we also have rice every day. Jasmine long grain is her rice of choice.
It is amazing how many ways rice can be served. I never get tired of it. We both love sweet potatoes.
Stir fry is also a staple along with chicken or steak bulgogi, pad Thai and other Asian dishes.

542.jpg

GG~

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
its been about 12hrs since the 2nd pfizer vaccine
all seems ok, crazy no sore arm like last time

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
I am not understanding why my questions to you TH and my concerns about the rice were deleted. No cause for it.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
First shot yesterday. Not leaking any blood out my backside so all is well.
Looking forward to the second and not having greater odds of spending weeks in a hospital were I a lucky vulnerable type.
Been there for weeks before. Cost much strength and more. No one to cover me here , so it's an odds thing...

One deer in the freezer and Jasmine rice is preferred here. Though a generous stash of cheaper rice exists.
Need to get to work on the little boat for the coming warmer weather and specs/crappie.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not understanding why my questions to you TH and my concerns about the rice were deleted. No cause for it.

Your post wasn't deleted by me, I think mod who deleted it did so in error, he was deleting some posts that were political, yours wasn't. I restored it.

Last edited:

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other
its been over 24hr since the 2nd pfizer vaccine, no reactons,symptoms
of any kind,all seems well

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
Your post wasn't deleted by me, I think mod who deleted it did so in error, he was deleting some posts that were political, yours wasn't. I restored it.

Thank you for restoring it and I didn't think you did it or you wouldn't have quoted me. The other mod didn't modify your post to eliminate my post within it either.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for restoring it and I didn't think you did it or you wouldn't have quoted me. The other mod didn't modify your post to eliminate my post within it either.

That is why I think it was accidentally deleted.

cw0909

Silver Member
Dec 24, 2006
Primary Interest:
Other

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea that poor guy is ate up with rash. I'm at 23 hrs with the same shot and nothing seems wrong, not even a sore arm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread