How About A Posting For Covid Vaccines - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree1623Likes

Thread: How About A Posting For Covid Vaccines

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Gare or Gary

Dec 2012
    Canton Ohio Area
    Presently using Deus's have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
    2274 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Mind if i ask how ol;d you are ? I am 74
    Fat and billb like this.
    Only TWO things in the world that spook my horses THINGS THAT MOVE and THINGS THAT DON'T MOVE !!!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    37292 times
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    And no one knows what it will do long term as the testing on it was shortened by years, including the testing on animals. So if the modified DNA vaccines give folks cancer in 5 years its just too bad. That's the problem with experimental vaccines, which these are. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine was approved today. 1 shot. It is made in the "old style" like vaccines have been made in the past. It also is still approved for experimental use, not fully approved. All three are in the same boat.

REMEMBER, as experimental vaccines, if something happens to us, it's just too bad. Can't sue them or anything. My doctor told me to wait and I am NOT going to be the first one to get the J&J vaccine either. After all the creative lying the government did earlier - it won't be bad here, don't wear a mask, save them for the health professionals, yeah, wear a mask, actually wear two. All that - I don't trust them.

Just call me cranky, but with my allergies, it could be a two stepper - two steps and I'm dead. Or not. Maybe I'll find out by summer. I would also want it administered at a real health facility, not a drive by shed.
    It was developed quickly because researchers world wide worked on it at the same time with unlimited funding which has never happened in the past and covid19 is a member of the Corona family of virus which has been studied for the last 50 years.

"Researchers were not starting from scratch when they learned about SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.SARS-CoV-2 is a member of the coronavirus family. According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, there are hundreds of coronaviruses — including four that can cause the common cold, as well as the coronaviruses that sparked the SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome, epidemic in 2002 and the emergence of MERS, or Middle East respiratory syndrome, in 2012.

Dr. Eric J. Yager, an associate professor of microbiology at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Albany, NY, told MNT that scientists have been studying coronaviruses for over 50 years. This meant scientists had existing data on the structure, genome, and life cycle of this type of virus."

"Dr. Yager explained, “Research on these viruses established the importance of the viral spike (S) protein in viral attachment, fusion, and entry, and identified the S proteins as a target for the development of antibody therapies and vaccines.”

"Dr. Yager said that thanks to advances in genomic sequencing, researchers successfully uncovered the viral sequence of SARS-CoV-2 in January 2020 — roughly 10 days after the first reported pneumonia cases in Wuhan, China. The ability to fast-track research and clinical trials was a direct result of this worldwide cooperation."

COVID-19 vaccine: How was it developed so fast? (medicalnewstoday.com)
    Mud Hut, Gare, pepperj and 16 others like this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971
    306th Bomb Wing Strategic Air Command
    Lackland AFB
    Lowery AFB
    McCoy AFB
    Kadena AFB 1968-1969, 1970-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

I exercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

(Per Admins avatars and signatures do not fall under rules for politics.)

GB1
    us
    Classic car lover

Jul 2017
    East TX
    Teknectics eurotek pro bounty hunter time ranger bounty hunter quick draw 2 used a teroso compadre.
    21756 times
    baseball cards,hunting,bottle digging,coin roll hunting,shooting,Metal Detecting, swimming,
    Banner Finds (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Mind if i ask how ol;d you are ? I am 74
    I'm 18
    Fat, Gare, Rebel - KGC and 2 others like this.
    audemus jura nostra defendere

neque deditionem

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    44658 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    It was developed quickly because researchers world wide worked on it at the same time with unlimited funding which has never happened in the past and covid19 is a member of the Corona family of virus which has been studied for the last 50 years.

"Researchers were not starting from scratch when they learned about SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19.SARS-CoV-2 is a member of the coronavirus family. According to the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, there are hundreds of coronaviruses — including four that can cause the common cold, as well as the coronaviruses that sparked the SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome, epidemic in 2002 and the emergence of MERS, or Middle East respiratory syndrome, in 2012.

Dr. Eric J. Yager, an associate professor of microbiology at Albany College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences in Albany, NY, told MNT that scientists have been studying coronaviruses for over 50 years. This meant scientists had existing data on the structure, genome, and life cycle of this type of virus."

"Dr. Yager explained, “Research on these viruses established the importance of the viral spike (S) protein in viral attachment, fusion, and entry, and identified the S proteins as a target for the development of antibody therapies and vaccines.”

"Dr. Yager said that thanks to advances in genomic sequencing, researchers successfully uncovered the viral sequence of SARS-CoV-2 in January 2020 — roughly 10 days after the first reported pneumonia cases in Wuhan, China. The ability to fast-track research and clinical trials was a direct result of this worldwide cooperation."

COVID-19 vaccine: How was it developed so fast? (medicalnewstoday.com)
    The Mrs and myself were just chatting about SARS and what it was like living here the centre of it happening back in 2002. The Scarborough General was one of the epicentres for SARS and living just 3 miles away from that, and having a business that dealt with medical equipment, folks that went into the facilities it really wasn't a big thing as what this Virus has done. Kind of strange actually when we thought about it.
    "If it was easy-It would have already been done-Life 101."
    “I treat the outside world as one raw very warm wet chicken that has sitting out too long. wash and sterilize everything me touches.” — pepperj

My wife and I, are not getting the vaccine. They came up with it way to soon, to trust it. Why haven't they been able to come up with vaccines for other illnesses this quickly ?
    Fat, T.C., Loco-Digger and 5 others like this.

us
    Scout

Nov 2004
    NW Florida
    Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
    325 times
    It’s a personal decision to take the vaccine or not. If you don’t want it there’s plenty of those who want it and need it. I don’t think twice about anyone who decides that the vaccine is not for them but please don’t try to create fear among those trying to get the vaccine or decide if they want it. My wife and I have had two doses if the vaccine, I had some of the same symptoms and reactions that many others did, I’m 63. My mother in law is 92 and had no reactions to either...it’s a factor of how your immune system reacts. The more robust immune you have the greater response you get. I enjoy most discussions but this type of thread is just stirring the pot on a topic that should be strictly personal and discussed with a doctor or medical professionals. Over a half a million Covid related deaths in the United States, you can dispute the numbers but Covid is real. Many thousands of health care professionals and scientist have put their life at risk to save those who need their help.

This is just my opinion....I’m trying to move on and put this behind me. Happy hunting in 2021 and forward!
    Last edited by Rmeav8r; Feb 27, 2021 at 09:24 AM. Reason: Added content
    Living the dream!

us
    Jan 2015
    Morris County, NJ
    Minelab Equinox 800 XP Deus
    1655 times
    Metal Detecting
    Gare, I'm 49 and I was able to get the vaccine recently because my daughter is severely disabled and at very high risk (but because she's 15 she can't get it yet; vaccinating her family is the next best thing to vaccinating her). My son also got it with me. After the first shot I felt nothing and he had a very mild fever. After the second shot my arm was sore and I was a little tired; my son spiked a 101 temperature and was very tired for about 24 hours, but then those symptoms went away. And I reminded him that those symptoms mean the vaccine is working; his body was creating the antibodies to fight of a possible future COVID virus exposure. And I also explained that the COVID vaccine is not the kind of vaccine that uses dead virus cells, so there is no way it can give him COVID (And Gare there is no way the vaccine can give it to you either). The mRNA based approach triggers the body's antibody creation mechanism without needing dead virus cells.

My wife is a registered nurse; she got the vaccine a few weeks before me and my son, and she had a similar reaction to my son (low fever after first shot, a bad night of sleep and fever/sweats after the second one).

Other experiences in my family:
    - my sister-in-law was in the clinical trials. She had no issues.
    - my brother and his wife are doctors in Los Angeles. Where they were stacking bodies in the hallways of his hospital. They got the vaccine as soon as California made it available.
    - my dad's in Pennsylvania, and despite being 78 it's taken him forever to get an appointment for the vaccine (because PA's rollout is not being managed very well, apparently). He got his first shot and felt nothing.
    - my mother-in-law didn't even feel the needle during the first shot, and she wasn't watching the person administer it. She left saying "I think they might have pretended to give it to me" (she's a little crazy). She had no side effects.

I share all those experiences because it seems like you had a pretty strong reaction to the vaccine, Gare, but I wanted you to know that it seems that you're the exception. I'm sorry it hit you hard - but I believe it's good that you got the vaccine.

As for how "fast" they were able to develop the vaccine, as Treasure Hunter has pointed out, the scientists and pharma companies were working on this mRNA approach for years - maybe a decade or more - before the COVID-19 pandemic began. I explained it to my son in a way he could relate: Big Macs. The reason McD's can crank out a warm Big Mac so quickly is that they had all the components ready to go, just waiting on him to order the sandwich. And even if he asks for "extra special sauce" they can still deliver quickly because they had those components ready (just like the pharma companies could make COVID-19 vaccines because they had the components of a COVID vaccine ready, they just needed to add the specific COVID-19 component i.e. extra special sauce). And if a school bus shows up and all the kids order Big Macs, it will take them some time to crank out all the orders, but they can do it - because they were generally prepared for a surge in demand. And if 10 school busses show up, they might have to ask McD corporate to make more buns or move some from another store (which explains why everyone can't get the vaccine yet, but will be able to eventuallY), but they can still feed 10 school busses. It's not a perfect analogy, but my son understood it.

And my opinion on safety: just because we "don't know" the long-term effects does not mean that there will actually be long term effects. There are risks in everything we do; I'm not sure if eating bacon will clog my arteries (though there's medical evidence that it will), yet I still eat bacon because I like bacon. There's medical evidence that using the vaccine helps me avoid catching COVID-19 - or if I'm unlucky and happen to catch it the vaccine will greatly reduce my risk of being hospitalized - and there is NOT any medical reason to believe that the vaccine will cause long-term negative effects. (But there is a real possibility that catching COVID-19 will leave some people with long-term negative effects). I weighed all of that information and concluded that taking the vaccine was something I would do as soon as I could.
    And if, in 10 years, a negative consequence is discovered related to the vaccine then I will still feel that I made the best decision at the time with the information available. (And now I've put this in writing on Treasurenet, so that I can remind myself of that in the future).

Good luck to all of you and I hope you stay healthy, whatever you decide to do.
    - Brian
    Last edited by brianc053; Feb 27, 2021 at 09:33 AM.
    Rmeav8r, Gare, pepperj and 9 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    An unidentified coin is a piece of metal. An identified coin is a piece of history.

Oct 2004
    N. San Diego area (Pic of my two best 'finds'; son and grandson taken ten years ago)
    Minelab Explorer
    16768 times
    Shipwrecks
    Honorable Mentions (2)
    Wife and I had the 1st shot.
    For the next 2-3 days arm hurt--now, no arm pain.
    No other problems since.
    The jab can produce several after-affects, but most will fade away in a couple of days.
    One immediate positive affect is RELIEF; to finally feel somewhat more secure.
    Don.....

pa
    Luciano

Feb 2021
    Panama, Central America
    Tesoro Golden Sabre Tesoro Sand Shark.......(Out of Order) Minelab Soveregn GT...(Out of Order too.) Gemini II (Long ago) Fisher 1280X (Long ago). T. Sensor....My first device. I tried dowsing. I tri
    31 times
    Metal Detecting
    I feel the virus was created to destroy the economy and make regular people poorer while the likes of Gates and Soros enrich themselves and control the population.
    As for the vaccine, If I can avoid it, I will avoid it. I used to work as an assistant in the medical field and every year I was required to get the flu vaccine if I wanted to keep my job, as a result I used to get sick for a few days every time I got the shot.
    The only vaccine that I would accept is the Russian Vaccine because, as I understand it, that vaccine improves the immune system and that is all it does.
    As of now I work in the tourism field, a dead field because all the closures and all the restrictions. Whatever happens if I can avoid t, I will avoid all the vaccines as I no longer trust the corrupt system that is encroaching the whole world.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    37292 times
    I had my first shot, Moderna on February 15, no pain in arm, only after affect I felt was extreme fatigue the following day after working out 1.5 hours at the gym, following day it was gone.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971
    306th Bomb Wing Strategic Air Command
    Lackland AFB
    Lowery AFB
    McCoy AFB
    Kadena AFB 1968-1969, 1970-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

I exercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

(Per Admins avatars and signatures do not fall under rules for politics.)

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2017
    Fontana, California
    NA
    998 times
    Prospecting
    My wife is a RN she got the Moderna vaccines last month no side affects not even a sore arm. I got the moderna vaccine last Wednesday second shot had sore arm and a little tired the next day. I lucked out i am 63 My son got his second shot yesterday and he said sore arm and the chills today. Good luck stay safe.
    Last edited by Mine Shaft; Feb 27, 2021 at 11:21 AM.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2017
    Fontana, California
    NA
    998 times
    Prospecting
    I got a bad sore arm today from slipping on a rock and took a nose dive in the river on my claim yesterday. Again be safe out there.

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    21145 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    I don't go out very often and very rarely have any kind of company except for critters. I've not consciously been self isolating about this, been doing that since I retired anyway. I did get some kinda shot about a year ago, but I think that was just the normal flu shot.

I rarely get sick, but I also rarely expose myself to the public. Haven't driven a car or truck in over 5 years, I have both.

At this point I'm a hermit - but I'm pretty comfortable with that

Mom & I get our groceries through freshly.com = delivered via UPS. Honestly, they're pretty good.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    21145 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mine Shaft View Post
    I got a bad sore arm today from slipping on a rock and took a nose dive in the river on my claim yesterday. Again be safe out there.
    You & I were posting our experiences at about the same time. I fall down too much now on normal ground = only a matter of time till I seriously injure myself. About 3 years ago (?) I live upstairs and fell down the stairs to the first floor, woke up in an ambulance to ER. Very fortunate about that (I thank Our Father), just a big gash where the open door I fell into tried to tear my left ear off.

Man, we just gotta do our best to keep ourselves safe at this point. Life sometimes happens when we do not expect it.
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

us
    Feb 2013
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
    1418 times
    I got the first Moderna shot on Feb. 19th, I'm 61 with an underlying condition. My arm was a little sore for a couple of days, that's about it. The way I see it, the sooner this crap is over with, the better. If getting vaccinated helps us all to be rid of it, I'm all for it. Like everyone else I'm sick and tired of Covid, and all the various conspiracy garbage that goes along with it. It's an individual's choice however, I don't think anyone should be forced to get the shots if they don't want them. Just my $.02, and you can keep the change...

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links