Not open for further replies.

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s a personal decision to take the vaccine or not. If you don’t want it there’s plenty of those who want it and need it. I don’t think twice about anyone who decides that the vaccine is not for them but please don’t try to create fear among those trying to get the vaccine or decide if they want it. My wife and I have had two doses if the vaccine, I had some of the same symptoms and reactions that many others did, I’m 63. My mother in law is 92 and had no reactions to either...it’s a factor of how your immune system reacts. The more robust immune you have the greater response you get. I enjoy most discussions but this type of thread is just stirring the pot on a topic that should be strictly personal and discussed with a doctor or medical professionals. Over a half a million Covid related deaths in the United States, you can dispute the numbers but Covid is real. Many thousands of health care professionals and scientist have put their life at risk to save those who need their help.

This is just my opinion....I’m trying to move on and put this behind me. Happy hunting in 2021 and forward!

Last edited:

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Gare, I'm 49 and I was able to get the vaccine recently because my daughter is severely disabled and at very high risk (but because she's 15 she can't get it yet; vaccinating her family is the next best thing to vaccinating her). My son also got it with me. After the first shot I felt nothing and he had a very mild fever. After the second shot my arm was sore and I was a little tired; my son spiked a 101 temperature and was very tired for about 24 hours, but then those symptoms went away. And I reminded him that those symptoms mean the vaccine is working; his body was creating the antibodies to fight of a possible future COVID virus exposure. And I also explained that the COVID vaccine is not the kind of vaccine that uses dead virus cells, so there is no way it can give him COVID (And Gare there is no way the vaccine can give it to you either). The mRNA based approach triggers the body's antibody creation mechanism without needing dead virus cells.

My wife is a registered nurse; she got the vaccine a few weeks before me and my son, and she had a similar reaction to my son (low fever after first shot, a bad night of sleep and fever/sweats after the second one).

Other experiences in my family:
- my sister-in-law was in the clinical trials. She had no issues.
- my brother and his wife are doctors in Los Angeles. Where they were stacking bodies in the hallways of his hospital. They got the vaccine as soon as California made it available.
- my dad's in Pennsylvania, and despite being 78 it's taken him forever to get an appointment for the vaccine (because PA's rollout is not being managed very well, apparently). He got his first shot and felt nothing.
- my mother-in-law didn't even feel the needle during the first shot, and she wasn't watching the person administer it. She left saying "I think they might have pretended to give it to me" (she's a little crazy). She had no side effects.

I share all those experiences because it seems like you had a pretty strong reaction to the vaccine, Gare, but I wanted you to know that it seems that you're the exception. I'm sorry it hit you hard - but I believe it's good that you got the vaccine.

As for how "fast" they were able to develop the vaccine, as Treasure Hunter has pointed out, the scientists and pharma companies were working on this mRNA approach for years - maybe a decade or more - before the COVID-19 pandemic began. I explained it to my son in a way he could relate: Big Macs. The reason McD's can crank out a warm Big Mac so quickly is that they had all the components ready to go, just waiting on him to order the sandwich. And even if he asks for "extra special sauce" they can still deliver quickly because they had those components ready (just like the pharma companies could make COVID-19 vaccines because they had the components of a COVID vaccine ready, they just needed to add the specific COVID-19 component i.e. extra special sauce). And if a school bus shows up and all the kids order Big Macs, it will take them some time to crank out all the orders, but they can do it - because they were generally prepared for a surge in demand. And if 10 school busses show up, they might have to ask McD corporate to make more buns or move some from another store (which explains why everyone can't get the vaccine yet, but will be able to eventuallY), but they can still feed 10 school busses. It's not a perfect analogy, but my son understood it.

And my opinion on safety: just because we "don't know" the long-term effects does not mean that there will actually be long term effects. There are risks in everything we do; I'm not sure if eating bacon will clog my arteries (though there's medical evidence that it will), yet I still eat bacon because I like bacon. There's medical evidence that using the vaccine helps me avoid catching COVID-19 - or if I'm unlucky and happen to catch it the vaccine will greatly reduce my risk of being hospitalized - and there is NOT any medical reason to believe that the vaccine will cause long-term negative effects. (But there is a real possibility that catching COVID-19 will leave some people with long-term negative effects). I weighed all of that information and concluded that taking the vaccine was something I would do as soon as I could.
And if, in 10 years, a negative consequence is discovered related to the vaccine then I will still feel that I made the best decision at the time with the information available. (And now I've put this in writing on Treasurenet, so that I can remind myself of that in the future).

Good luck to all of you and I hope you stay healthy, whatever you decide to do.
- Brian

Last edited:

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wife and I had the 1st shot.
For the next 2-3 days arm hurt--now, no arm pain.
No other problems since.
The jab can produce several after-affects, but most will fade away in a couple of days.
One immediate positive affect is RELIEF; to finally feel somewhat more secure.
Don.....

Luciano321

Feb 26, 2021
Panama, Central America
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Golden Sabre
Tesoro Sand Shark.......(Out of Order)
Minelab Soveregn GT...(Out of Order too.)
Gemini II (Long ago)
Fisher 1280X (Long ago).
T. Sensor....My first device.
I tried dowsing.
I tri
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I feel the virus was created to destroy the economy and make regular people poorer while the likes of Gates and Soros enrich themselves and control the population.
As for the vaccine, If I can avoid it, I will avoid it. I used to work as an assistant in the medical field and every year I was required to get the flu vaccine if I wanted to keep my job, as a result I used to get sick for a few days every time I got the shot.
The only vaccine that I would accept is the Russian Vaccine because, as I understand it, that vaccine improves the immune system and that is all it does.
As of now I work in the tourism field, a dead field because all the closures and all the restrictions. Whatever happens if I can avoid t, I will avoid all the vaccines as I no longer trust the corrupt system that is encroaching the whole world.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had my first shot, Moderna on February 15, no pain in arm, only after affect I felt was extreme fatigue the following day after working out 1.5 hours at the gym, following day it was gone.

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife is a RN she got the Moderna vaccines last month no side affects not even a sore arm. I got the moderna vaccine last Wednesday second shot had sore arm and a little tired the next day. I lucked out i am 63 :icon_scratch:My son got his second shot yesterday and he said sore arm and the chills today. Good luck stay safe.

Last edited:

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got a bad sore arm today from slipping on a rock and took a nose dive in the river on my claim yesterday. Again be safe out there.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't go out very often and very rarely have any kind of company except for critters. I've not consciously been self isolating about this, been doing that since I retired anyway. I did get some kinda shot about a year ago, but I think that was just the normal flu shot.

I rarely get sick, but I also rarely expose myself to the public. Haven't driven a car or truck in over 5 years, I have both.

At this point I'm a hermit - but I'm pretty comfortable with that :)

Mom & I get our groceries through freshly.com = delivered via UPS. Honestly, they're pretty good.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I got a bad sore arm today from slipping on a rock and took a nose dive in the river on my claim yesterday. Again be safe out there.

You & I were posting our experiences at about the same time. I fall down too much now on normal ground = only a matter of time till I seriously injure myself. About 3 years ago (?) I live upstairs and fell down the stairs to the first floor, woke up in an ambulance to ER. Very fortunate about that (I thank Our Father), just a big gash where the open door I fell into tried to tear my left ear off.

Man, we just gotta do our best to keep ourselves safe at this point. Life sometimes happens when we do not expect it.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the first Moderna shot on Feb. 19th, I'm 61 with an underlying condition. My arm was a little sore for a couple of days, that's about it. The way I see it, the sooner this crap is over with, the better. If getting vaccinated helps us all to be rid of it, I'm all for it. Like everyone else I'm sick and tired of Covid, and all the various conspiracy garbage that goes along with it. It's an individual's choice however, I don't think anyone should be forced to get the shots if they don't want them. Just my $.02, and you can keep the change...

Ol' Kentuck

Jun 12, 2018
Primary Interest:
Other
I got my first dose of the Moderna version yesterday with no problems. Didn't feel a thing.

But on the way home I started getting a weird urge to strap a beaver and a couple of traffic cones on my head, and now I'm craving brussels sprouts.

Should I be concerned?

.... There's medical evidence that using the vaccine helps me avoid catching COVID-19 - or if I'm unlucky and happen to catch it the vaccine will greatly reduce my risk of being hospitalized - and there is NOT any medical reason to believe that the vaccine will cause long-term negative effects. (But there is a real possibility that catching COVID-19 will leave some people with long-term negative effects). I weighed all of that information and concluded that taking the vaccine was something I would do as soon as I could.
And if, in 10 years, a negative consequence is discovered related to the vaccine then I will still feel that I made the best decision at the time with the information available.

:icon_thumright: :notworthy:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I got the Pfizer vaccine yesterday and although a little sore, I don’t see much difference in the pain I normally have from damaged shoulders. No fever or other symptoms. Good luck all!

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Gare,

It sounds like you and your wife may have gotten the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine. From what I've heard, a bad headache is the most common side effect of the Pfizer vaccine, followed by mild cold or flu symptoms (slight fever, chills, etc.). My boss has gotten both of his Pfizer shots. A few days after he had received the first shot, he had such a headache that he went to the doctor. Doc said that the Pfizer vaccine seemed to be giving some people a headache. He had no issues with the second Pfizer shot.

My wife has gotten her first shot of the Moderna vaccine. Her arm was sore at the injection site for a couple of days, but that was her only side effect.

Soreness at the injection site is common with nearly any vaccine. I got a flu vaccine this year (first ever) and my arm was sore at the injection site for a couple of days. I haven't been eligible for the COVID vaccines yet, but I'll gladly get in line when it is my turn.

I've heard of some folks getting mild cold or flu symptoms after the first shot of both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, which I would think wouldn't be so bad and is likely a good sign... that is, that the body recognizes the issue and reacts accordingly, so that if one were to come into contact with a SARS-CoV-2 variant at a later time, the individual's immune system would in many cases be better equipped to recognize it and incite a more effective immunological response.

From what I've read, the vaccines are doing a great job of reducing hospitalizations and fatality in people who have contracted a SARS-CoV-2 variant after receiving the vaccine.

I also read that South Africa was not going to accept the AstraZeneca vaccine because of poor results against their variant.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am 69 and diabetic. My only issue is actually getting the vaccine. The system in Minnesota is insane. There is a state lottery, some vaccine sent to pharmacies, some to clinics but no centralized way of selecting people. So you can get on a state lottery and maybe have to drive 300 miles if you get selected, you can wait for your clinic, but mine is just starting 75-80 year olds or you can spend hours calling pharmacy lines and end up not getting an appointment.

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Would not take a jab of the globalist snake oil if you paid me, wish all the luck to those that do.
Way things are going looks like, if by chance you'd like to step outside your house, you'll eventually be forced to get a shot.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Would not take a jab of the globalist snake oil if you paid me, wish all the luck to those that do.
Way things are going looks like, if by chance you'd like to step outside your house, you'll eventually be forced to get a shot.

Have to disagree with that. Get the shot or don’t, no one is going to force you.

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
CZ-20, Sea Hunter II, Simplex,
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had the first shot of Pfizer yesterday (VA clinic). No after affects so far, and it's been over 30 hours.

I do have a question for anyone who might actually KNOW. I know the vaccines from Maderna and Pfizer are different, so my question is only about the 1st and 2nd shots of the same brand. So here's the Q:

1. Is the second shot the same vaccine and same dose, as the first one?

2. Is there any information as to the potential benefit or negative, of receiving ONLY the 1st dose of either vaccine, and no second dose?

3. Third question is an opinion question: If you were going to get the shots and could choose Pfizer, Moderna or J&J, which would you choose, and why?

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Have to disagree with that. Get the shot or don’t, no one is going to force you.

No, no one will be forced - So long as you can do without travel, work or trips to the grocery store !
No sense debating the issue, in 3 or 4 months one of the other of us will be able to say I told you so. [Already happening in Israel, trending that way in the EU].

Oct 16, 2016
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had it in early November thanks to my grandkids. I found a doctor that would prescribe hydroxycloroquine and took zinc, vitamin D and recovered with no lingering effects. My husband with diabetes, high blood pressure and heart problems took it after I exposed him and he only developed a slight sore throat and light cough for a couple days. I believe thousands of people have died unnecessarily because people could not get hydroxy off label. Nuts! No vaccine for me, don't trust it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions