How About A Posting For Covid Vaccines

Status
Not open for further replies.

bowwinkles

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The days of "the old shot record" which was initiated during basic training. I guess I cud drag it out and add my covid shots to it. With the mandatory annual booster shots that was required in a few years my shot record became several pages thick. Then there was "small pox" 1/2 inch circle of inflamed skin to cure into its protective shield. Yep, its been a few years since I even thought of those days. Every trip overseas required yet another series of punchers. yea, I do remember.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The days of "the old shot record" which was initiated during basic training. I guess I cud drag it out and add my covid shots to it. With the mandatory annual booster shots that was required in a few years my shot record became several pages thick. Then there was "small pox" 1/2 inch circle of inflamed skin to cure into its protective shield. Yep, its been a few years since I even thought of those days. Every trip overseas required yet another series of punchers. yea, I do remember.

I got shots in basic training, then before both deployments to Okinawa, you had 2 choices, get the shots or a court marshal for refusing a direct order.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I got shots in basic training, then before both deployments to Okinawa, you had 2 choices, get the shots or a court marshal for refusing a direct order.

When I was a kid if someone in the house got strep throat, then everybody
in the house had to get penicillin shots. The nurse would bring out a tray
with a shot on it big enough for a horse, and a needle that was about the
size of a 16 penny nail..

Me?............. hawkeye.gif

But, then I had to face Mom's ire....given a choice, I'd rather have taken the
court martial than deal with her!!

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Anybody else here in the military? Remember how when you first went to basic they gave you shots? I never asked what was in them and probably should have. Same on deployments, they'd sometimes give a shot, "for your own good" of course.....

Air gun shots in both arms. Onboard, on deployment, shots were given on payday. No shot, no pay. Maybe we could try that.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this not OK to be shared in this thread, go ahead and remove...

A doctor in Alabama pleaded for people to get vaccinated against COVID-19 as she shared grim accounts of young, healthy and unvaccinated people dying of the disease.

The sobering message from Dr. Brytney Cobia posted Sunday on Facebook has been liked and shared thousands of times.

ā€œOne of the last things they do before theyā€™re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that Iā€™m sorry, but itā€™s too late,ā€ she said of her COVID-19 patients.

ā€œA few days later when I call time of death, I hug their family members and I tell them the best way to honor their loved one is to go get vaccinated and encourage everyone they know to do the same.

ā€œThey cry. And they tell me they didnā€™t know. They thought it was a hoax. They thought it was political. They thought because they had a certain blood type or a certain skin color they wouldnā€™t get as sick. They thought it was ā€˜just the fluā€™.ā€

But they were wrong, she said, and they canā€™t go back.

ā€œSo they thank me and they go get the vaccine. And I go back to my office, write their death note, and say a small prayer that this loss will save more lives,ā€ she wrote.
https://news.yahoo.com/too-doctor-sa...014317137.html

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which leads to another question,should a private hospital have to admit a patient who,s 100 lbs. overweight and has had a heart attack due to poor diet and exercise choices?

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which leads to another question, could we actually put a little more trust in the literally hundreds of thousands, if not millions, of health professionals the world over, testifying to what they have personally witnessed, on the ground, in their own hospitals?

Of course we can't trust them, because they all secretly arranged a time, got together online and through translators, all debated the merits for a few hours and unanimously agreed, we'll deceive the world about covid so we can get some overtime pay! Not stopping to think perhaps we are the ones all online being deceived by politicians, agitators, friends, propaganda and self serving "news" outlets.

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which leads to another question,should a private hospital have to admit a patient who,s 100 lbs. overweight and has had a heart attack due to poor diet and exercise choices?

Not everyone who is overweight has reached that weight by common assumptions about diet and exercise. There are medical reasons that can cause such conditions. My son is a firefighter/EMT at one of the busiest fire departments in the country and he says the toughest job is trying to get someone 500 - 800 pounds out of an apartment and down a flight of stairs and outside for the first time in decades, for a trip to the hospital. At that size, exercise is not possible and multiple medical issues are involved. Would you leave such a person in a burning building?

Refusing a simple, safe life saving shot is a very different story.

The anti-science propaganda is disturbing to see in a country that is supposed to be advanced.

Last edited:

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I,m not advocating for refusing the vaccine,my point was meant to be how asinine it is to refuse treatment to any one who needs it regardless of their choices.True,some folks have issues that cause them to be obese,but the majority are that way due to dietary choices.To put it another way,if a man buys a 800 horsepower Dodge Charger and is involved in a high speed accident,should he be refused treatment because he made a bad decision?That,s not the way we should do it.Perhaps my choice of analogies was a poor one,my apologies.

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hospitals cannot refuse to treat someone for a serious medical issue, even if they don't have health insurance. It's the law, plus a hospital would get their butts sued off if someone who was refused treatment died later on. Doesn't matter if you're 100 pounds overweight, a heavy smoker, drug addict or just totaled your car in a drunken stupor. Hospitals cannot put profits over saving lives, ever.

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This disease, whatever the hell it is ( natural or otherwise ) has morphed into a powerful confrontation between two different FAITHS. Thus ends any rational discussion. I think we're starting to butt up against the wall. Those that wanted to be vaccinated, have been. Now we're just giving shots to those who want it, but we, the public, must go out of our way in resources and personnel to to give it to them. Challenged citizens.

Referencing the original theme, my wife and I got both doses of Moderna. My wife had a sore arm, and felt flushed for 24 hours, and the same for me, on the first dose. The second, I had little reaction, hot and cold for half a day, my wife felt weird for a day. I was relieved to have gotten it, though we did have to drive an 80 mile round trip.

I insist ( I'm not in a position to insist anything, but it makes a point, I can still see my Mom, arms crossed, giving me the evil eye, right after she "insisted" I do something ) anti-vaccers re-examine the basis of their faith. I'm giving you the evil eye, arms crossed. Those that haven't pursued it, for whatever reason, go get the shot, ASAP. People are still dying.

IMHO.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This disease, whatever the hell it is ( natural or otherwise ) has morphed into a powerful confrontation between two different FAITHS. Thus ends any rational discussion. I think we're starting to butt up against the wall. Those that wanted to be vaccinated, have been. Now we're just giving shots to those who want it, but we, the public, must go out of our way in resources and personnel to to give it to them. Challenged citizens.

Referencing the original theme, my wife and I got both doses of Moderna. My wife had a sore arm, and felt flushed for 24 hours, and the same for me, on the first dose. The second, I had little reaction, hot and cold for half a day, my wife felt weird for a day. I was relieved to have gotten it, though we did have to drive an 80 mile round trip.

I insist ( I'm not in a position to insist anything, but it makes a point, I can still see my Mom, arms crossed, giving me the evil eye, right after she "insisted" I do something ) anti-vaccers re-examine the basis of their faith. I'm giving you the evil eye, arms crossed. Those that haven't pursued it, for whatever reason, go get the shot, ASAP. People are still dying.

IMHO.

They're slowly coming around the past few weeks, you can see it in the change in tune with some in the media. It finally dawned on many people it's not a conspiracy theory, that it's actually real, that COVID deaths are now occurring almost exclusively in the unvaccinated and that if it even kills off a half percent of them, it'll cost them multiple elections as it's estimated 10 percent of elections nationwide (local, state and national) are often within a half a percent. (mods, not discussing politics, just pointing out the unintended effect of covid on elections, not discussing elections themselves).

Last edited:

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The virus is doing what viruses and microbes in general do - they evolve to survive. So far, we have been lucky that the variants are not resistant to at least the most common vaccines. But is it only a matter of time before a mutant variant arrives that IS resistant to vaccines?

Early on in one of these threads, I wrote that it was a race to vaccinate enough people to outrun the virus' capacity to evolve via quickly replicating mutations. At the time, I was frustrated by the slow roll-out of the vaccines. Now the issue is not the availability of the vaccine, but rather this absurd vaccine hesitancy. Those ignorant people are doing worse than just endangering themselves - they are keeping the virus reservoir large and actively evolving.

I would prefer to see some incentives to get the "hesitant" to become vaccinated, but at some point, will that be sufficient? It seems insane to me and I know it is incredibly frustrating to medical professionals and virologists that we are allowing the ignorant to put our best & brightest at risk by keeping the virus going.

To the original thread intent, my wife and I both had the Pfizer shots when it was our turn by age (no cutting in line...). I had no side affects at all, and she had some minor soreness for a day. And we are so grateful to have had the vaccine available and to the people who developed and administered it.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hospitals cannot refuse to treat someone for a serious medical issue, even if they don't have health insurance. It's the law, plus a hospital would get their butts sued off if someone who was refused treatment died later on. Doesn't matter if you're 100 pounds overweight, a heavy smoker, drug addict or just totaled your car in a drunken stupor. Hospitals cannot put profits over saving lives, ever.
I know this,my question was sarcasm in response to the gentleman who posed the question should a hospital admit someone who had refused the vaccine.It was a rhetorical question.As I,ve said I,m not a anti vaxxer,I,ve had my shots,come on,we,re all human beings here.This thing is turning us into something I don,t want to be.Hope I,ve clarified my response.

Digger Max

Oct 27, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
CTX-3030
E-TRAC
ATPro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No vaccination then your days are numbered.
Have a great day!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know a great incentive for anti-vaxxers. Start bussing them all to the gas chambers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread