Not open for further replies.

pescadore

Mar 4, 2007
Schertz, TX
Detector(s) used
Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife and I went on Thursday and got our first shot. We both had Covid after our son who is a professional musician came home off the road with it and did not want it again so decided the shot was the best option. I did not have any side effects to speak of other than a sore arm. My wife on the other hand got very tired, with body aches, headache etc. She was basically was laid up all day yesterday and is better today. She starting researching it and found out that people that have had Covid already have antibodies so the first shot acts like the second shot. They also stated that those that have had Covid really just need one shot according to research. My wife says she is not getting the second shot and I am undecided.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
The first shot, very little arm soreness, went out detecting the day after felt fine. The 2nd shot, about the same, no real bad side effects, went out of town for the weekend and didn't have any fever or anything. I had the pfizer vaccine.

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wife and I both got the first shot a week ago. Neither of us had any side effects. It was the pfizer.

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First question only. The shots are the same, I was getting my second dose and some we’re getting the first dose. I asked the person giving me mine and she said they are identical, but you may have more of a reaction to the second one since your antibodies are more reactive from the first dose. Not everyone will see a difference.

Had the first shot of Pfizer yesterday (VA clinic). No after affects so far, and it's been over 30 hours.

I do have a question for anyone who might actually KNOW. I know the vaccines from Maderna and Pfizer are different, so my question is only about the 1st and 2nd shots of the same brand. So here's the Q:

1. Is the second shot the same vaccine and same dose, as the first one?

2. Is there any information as to the potential benefit or negative, of receiving ONLY the 1st dose of either vaccine, and no second dose?

3. Third question is an opinion question: If you were going to get the shots and could choose Pfizer, Moderna or J&J, which would you choose, and why?

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in an at-risk group...70, had pneumonia before and a major heart attack. I had last rites given in 2015....I self medicated with Ivermectin. Been trouble free! Ivermectin is tried and true with no side effects and has been administered to humans and animals since the early 80s. Big pharma doesn't push it because the patents have run out and they won't make as much money...

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
My wife and I have no plans on taking the jab. We have large families and friends and still know no one that has become seriously ill or died, and I have many relatives in their 80’s, 90’s and 100 years old.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Foot, how do you “take” it. The only way I have used was pouring a scoop full along a cows back. Nowadays, it’s a squirt gun thing kind of like a gallon jug of premixed garden spray stuff to kill dandelion, only 2-3 oz with each squeeze

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I never log out, but I'm also never on there constantly through each and every day.

I came back into this thread and saw some old friends posting here.

We be right here old friends :) All we can ever be is to try to be here safe. Life will happen to us as is according to our individual lives :)
We be what we be, and we will inherit the Earth coming to us. We be what we be :(

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If getting the vaccine will put everything back to normal, then I'm in on the deal. Whether it's actually working or not doesn't matter to me as long as the powers that be claim that it's working and we can go back to the way things used to be around here.

I haven't been to a concert in 14 months. I haven't gone to a sporting event in 18 months. Haven't set foot in a bar or restaurant in almost a year. Can't even metal detect right now, due to the snow and frozen ground. And all I can think about every day is this scene from "The Shawshank Redemption". No truer words were ever said. Get busy living or get busy dying...

Armstrong

Apr 24, 2020
Jurassic Park, IL
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were offered them at work and most employees refused. I need long term data before deciding. I'm not just taking something because they say to. They tried to give us a 20 to 50 dollar bonus per employee if 90 percent got it. 200 to 500 then I might.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
No vaccines fir me. My wife wants one but so far hasn't been able to get one. The online registration gets her close but then kicks out when the facility runs out. Personal choice for everyone.

bigmike

Jan 5, 2007
Oregon
Detector(s) used
fisher 1266xb
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
My first shot was no issue at all. The second was another story, arm was sore, had bad case of the chills and i ended up having a sore throat for 3 days (not sure if it was because of shot....i felt fine before i got second shot) then i got a dry cough that i have had now for 3 weeks and cant seem to get rid of. After about 2 days i was back to normal except for sore throat and this cough. My coworker had his also and he had bad flu symptoms for 24 hours and then was fine.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Not only will I get the shot, but I plan on getting as many vaccine shots as possible.
Moderna, Phizer, J&J..... stick me over and over. Astazeneca.... you too, give it to me baby.
And in a year or two, if there are any left over in random counties, states, even countries.... I’ll take those too.

fishstick

Silver Member
Oct 28, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If getting the vaccine will put everything back to normal, then I'm in on the deal. Whether it's actually working or not doesn't matter to me as long as the powers that be claim that it's working and we can go back to the way things used to be around here.

I haven't been to a concert in 14 months. I haven't gone to a sporting event in 18 months. Haven't set foot in a bar or restaurant in almost a year. Can't even metal detect right now, due to the snow and frozen ground. And all I can think about every day is this scene from "The Shawshank Redemption". No truer words were ever said. Get busy living or get busy dying...

Just so I understand, as long as THEY say it's ok to take YOU'RE fine with that? I'm sorry but I can't seem to fall inline with that.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
needle.gif
The wife and I got 1st and 2nd Pfizer Vaccine shots. Like everyone else - a little soreness (first shot) and a little "under the weather" for a few days following the 2nd shot. Heck, just another shot (flu, shingles, pneumonia, etc.) on the list of shots we old farts take yearly!

Mine Shaft

Apr 11, 2017
Fontana, California
Detector(s) used
NA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My first shot was no issue at all. The second was another story, arm was sore, had bad case of the chills and i ended up having a sore throat for 3 days (not sure if it was because of shot....i felt fine before i got second shot) then i got a dry cough that i have had now for 3 weeks and cant seem to get rid of. After about 2 days i was back to normal except for sore throat and this cough. My coworker had his also and he had bad flu symptoms for 24 hours and then was fine.

Hi bigmike, i was reading and looking up common symptoms associated after getting the vaccine. It says cough, shortness of breath, rhinorrea, sore throat,or loss of taste or smell are not consistent with post-vaccination symptoms, and instead may be symptoms of SARS-Cov-2 or another infection.

Bill - De

Dec 22, 2009
Delaware
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT, Cibola
CZ-20, Sea Hunter II, Simplex,
Minelab Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Update to my post on 1st shot this past Friday morning.

Last evening and during the night, I felt a sore throat coming on, and I woke up several times and noticed it seemed to be getting worse. About 5AM I went to the fridge and took another probiotic (we take them not necessarily every day, but often). I also had one before I went to bed.

Got up at 0730 and sore throat was no where near as bad as 0500. Went to the kitchen, mixed up some salt and warm water, and did the "gargle-gag". I don't like to gargle salt water.

Half hour later, no more sore throat. So I don't know if this was related in any way to the shot I had on Friday, but I am taking note of it.

on edit: Also wanted to mention for those who are going to get the vaccine: I was told years ago that anytime I get a flu shot, pneumonia shot etc., to massage the muscle injection site for 20 or 30 seconds, several time a day. Did that on Friday day and evening, and have had no soreness from the injection. That also worked when I has the shingles shots a few years ago.

Last edited:

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am 69 and diabetic. My only issue is actually getting the vaccine. The system in Minnesota is insane. There is a state lottery, some vaccine sent to pharmacies, some to clinics but no centralized way of selecting people. So you can get on a state lottery and maybe have to drive 300 miles if you get selected, you can wait for your clinic, but mine is just starting 75-80 year olds or you can spend hours calling pharmacy lines and end up not getting an appointment.

Hi Susan,

Have you tried contacting your family doctor? That's how I was able to get vaccinated. I called them at 9:30am and had the vaccine in my arm by 1:30pm the same day.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Some will end up hospitalized. A good friend of ours had to go to ER last week after the second shot, high blood pressure, shortness of breath and heart palpitations. He seems to be doing ok now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread