How About A Posting For Covid Vaccines - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree1623Likes

Thread: How About A Posting For Covid Vaccines

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2018
    1205 times
    I got my first dose of the Moderna version yesterday with no problems. Didn't feel a thing.

But on the way home I started getting a weird urge to strap a beaver and a couple of traffic cones on my head, and now I'm craving brussels sprouts.

Should I be concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by brianc053 View Post
    .... There's medical evidence that using the vaccine helps me avoid catching COVID-19 - or if I'm unlucky and happen to catch it the vaccine will greatly reduce my risk of being hospitalized - and there is NOT any medical reason to believe that the vaccine will cause long-term negative effects. (But there is a real possibility that catching COVID-19 will leave some people with long-term negative effects). I weighed all of that information and concluded that taking the vaccine was something I would do as soon as I could.
    And if, in 10 years, a negative consequence is discovered related to the vaccine then I will still feel that I made the best decision at the time with the information available.

Charter Member
    us
    Apr 2017
    Fontana, California
    NA
    998 times
    Prospecting
    You are so right Deepseeker. I just wish my mind would think its not in a 30-40 year old body lol.

Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox / XP Deus
    10347 times
    I got the Pfizer vaccine yesterday and although a little sore, I don’t see much difference in the pain I normally have from damaged shoulders. No fever or other symptoms. Good luck all!

“Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.”
    – Albert Einstein

us
    Apr 2009
    Cornfield, IN
    F-22, cheapo pinpointer
    1793 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi Gare,

It sounds like you and your wife may have gotten the first shot of the Pfizer vaccine. From what I've heard, a bad headache is the most common side effect of the Pfizer vaccine, followed by mild cold or flu symptoms (slight fever, chills, etc.). My boss has gotten both of his Pfizer shots. A few days after he had received the first shot, he had such a headache that he went to the doctor. Doc said that the Pfizer vaccine seemed to be giving some people a headache. He had no issues with the second Pfizer shot.

My wife has gotten her first shot of the Moderna vaccine. Her arm was sore at the injection site for a couple of days, but that was her only side effect.

Soreness at the injection site is common with nearly any vaccine. I got a flu vaccine this year (first ever) and my arm was sore at the injection site for a couple of days. I haven't been eligible for the COVID vaccines yet, but I'll gladly get in line when it is my turn.

I've heard of some folks getting mild cold or flu symptoms after the first shot of both the Moderna and Pfizer vaccines, which I would think wouldn't be so bad and is likely a good sign... that is, that the body recognizes the issue and reacts accordingly, so that if one were to come into contact with a SARS-CoV-2 variant at a later time, the individual's immune system would in many cases be better equipped to recognize it and incite a more effective immunological response.

From what I've read, the vaccines are doing a great job of reducing hospitalizations and fatality in people who have contracted a SARS-CoV-2 variant after receiving the vaccine.

I also read that South Africa was not going to accept the AstraZeneca vaccine because of poor results against their variant.

Kindest regards,
    Kantuck
    Rmeav8r, Gare, Rebel - KGC and 4 others like this.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    3514 times
    I am 69 and diabetic. My only issue is actually getting the vaccine. The system in Minnesota is insane. There is a state lottery, some vaccine sent to pharmacies, some to clinics but no centralized way of selecting people. So you can get on a state lottery and maybe have to drive 300 miles if you get selected, you can wait for your clinic, but mine is just starting 75-80 year olds or you can spend hours calling pharmacy lines and end up not getting an appointment.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    4118 times
    Metal Detecting
    Would not take a jab of the globalist snake oil if you paid me, wish all the luck to those that do.
    Way things are going looks like, if by chance you'd like to step outside your house, you'll eventually be forced to get a shot.

Jun 2007
    Minnesota
    Tiger Shark, Xterra 705
    3514 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Xraywolf View Post
    Would not take a jab of the globalist snake oil if you paid me, wish all the luck to those that do.
    Way things are going looks like, if by chance you'd like to step outside your house, you'll eventually be forced to get a shot.
    Have to disagree with that. Get the shot or don’t, no one is going to force you.
    I'm a greater believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it”

Thomas Jefferson

us
    Dec 2009
    Delaware
    Sovereign GT, Cibola CZ-20, Sea Hunter II
    31 times
    Had the first shot of Pfizer yesterday (VA clinic). No after affects so far, and it's been over 30 hours.

I do have a question for anyone who might actually KNOW. I know the vaccines from Maderna and Pfizer are different, so my question is only about the 1st and 2nd shots of the same brand. So here's the Q:

1. Is the second shot the same vaccine and same dose, as the first one?

2. Is there any information as to the potential benefit or negative, of receiving ONLY the 1st dose of either vaccine, and no second dose?

3. Third question is an opinion question: If you were going to get the shots and could choose Pfizer, Moderna or J&J, which would you choose, and why?
    Rebel - KGC, Rmeav8r and billb like this.
    Diggin' Delaware
    USAF 1965-1971
    Pilot, MD'er, RV'er, Boating, Ham radio op
    Celebrating over 52 years of wedded bliss

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    4118 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by SusanMN View Post
    Have to disagree with that. Get the shot or don’t, no one is going to force you.
    No, no one will be forced - So long as you can do without travel, work or trips to the grocery store !
    No sense debating the issue, in 3 or 4 months one of the other of us will be able to say I told you so. [Already happening in Israel, trending that way in the EU].

Oct 2016
    Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett AT Pro
    13 times
    I had it in early November thanks to my grandkids. I found a doctor that would prescribe hydroxycloroquine and took zinc, vitamin D and recovered with no lingering effects. My husband with diabetes, high blood pressure and heart problems took it after I exposed him and he only developed a slight sore throat and light cough for a couple days. I believe thousands of people have died unnecessarily because people could not get hydroxy off label. Nuts! No vaccine for me, don't trust it!

us
    Pesc

Mar 2007
    Schertz, TX
    Nokta Simplex+
    399 times
    Metal Detecting
    My wife and I went on Thursday and got our first shot. We both had Covid after our son who is a professional musician came home off the road with it and did not want it again so decided the shot was the best option. I did not have any side effects to speak of other than a sore arm. My wife on the other hand got very tired, with body aches, headache etc. She was basically was laid up all day yesterday and is better today. She starting researching it and found out that people that have had Covid already have antibodies so the first shot acts like the second shot. They also stated that those that have had Covid really just need one shot according to research. My wife says she is not getting the second shot and I am undecided.
    Rebel - KGC, Gare, billb and 1 others like this.
    Nokta Simplex+, Tesoro Amigo II, Lesche digging tools. Oldest US Coin 1853 Seated Liberty Quarter.
    www.youtube.com/user/pescadoremetaldetect
    www.facebook.com/pescadoremetaldetecting

Nov 2012
    432 times
    The first shot, very little arm soreness, went out detecting the day after felt fine. The 2nd shot, about the same, no real bad side effects, went out of town for the weekend and didn't have any fever or anything. I had the pfizer vaccine.
    Rebel - KGC, RustyGold and billb like this.

us
    May 2009
    Mercer county, Pa
    Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
    98 times
    Wife and I both got the first shot a week ago. Neither of us had any side effects. It was the pfizer.
    fishstick likes this.

us
    Scout

Nov 2004
    NW Florida
    Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
    325 times
    First question only. The shots are the same, I was getting my second dose and some we’re getting the first dose. I asked the person giving me mine and she said they are identical, but you may have more of a reaction to the second one since your antibodies are more reactive from the first dose. Not everyone will see a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill - De View Post
    Had the first shot of Pfizer yesterday (VA clinic). No after affects so far, and it's been over 30 hours.

I do have a question for anyone who might actually KNOW. I know the vaccines from Maderna and Pfizer are different, so my question is only about the 1st and 2nd shots of the same brand. So here's the Q:

1. Is the second shot the same vaccine and same dose, as the first one?

2. Is there any information as to the potential benefit or negative, of receiving ONLY the 1st dose of either vaccine, and no second dose?

3. Third question is an opinion question: If you were going to get the shots and could choose Pfizer, Moderna or J&J, which would you choose, and why?
    Living the dream!

us
    May 2019
    Flawda
    Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
    3397 times
    I'm in an at-risk group...70, had pneumonia before and a major heart attack. I had last rites given in 2015....I self medicated with Ivermectin. Been trouble free! Ivermectin is tried and true with no side effects and has been administered to humans and animals since the early 80s. Big pharma doesn't push it because the patents have run out and they won't make as much money...

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links