Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Private businesses have the right to set their hiring and employee requirements to work. I may not agree with them but it is their right. Kids are required to have shots to start school, I was required to take drug screenings at any time for any reason to keep my job in telecommunications. I even had to take a drug test because my company truck slid down a icy hill and hit a tree putting a very small dent in fender and I wasnt even in the truck, it was parked, with emergency brake on while I was outside working.

If I owned a private business, why would I not have the right to set the requirements to work for my business?

Last edited:

lukdiver

Dec 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ivermectin as prophylaxes for Covid.

Foot, how do you “take” it. The only way I have used was pouring a scoop full along a cows back. Nowadays, it’s a squirt gun thing kind of like a gallon jug of premixed garden spray stuff to kill dandelion, only 2-3 oz with each squeeze

I've been taking the I-Mask+ protocol for several months. I'm just using the horse-paste ( https://maximpulse.com/permethrin/ivermectin-calculating-a-dose.html )(18mg or 1/2" from syringe) ( https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/search/durvet ivermectin paste? ) with VitD,vitC,quercetin/zinc. It's a treatment/prophylaxes using ivermectin you can find at www.flccc.net ( https://covid19criticalcare.com/i-mask-prophylaxis-treatment-protocol/i-mask-protocol-translations/ ). Supposedly 85%? effective against catching the virus. I figure the vaccines are advertised to just lessen the symptoms of Covid so I'll just continue ivermectin till the mad-rush is over to get inoculated. Video is off their site and testimony by Louis Gossett Jr. singing the praise for ivermectin. There are several sites on Reddit about ivermectin studies, obtaining it, Covid longhaulers. etc. This isn't medical advice and I'm not recommending anyone it.

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If I owned a private business, why would I not have the right to set the requirements to work for my business?

Unanswerable in this forum without veering off into politics, as you are well aware how "requirements" can and are set these days.

At this point, I am unaware of any "private businesses" mandating vaxx, you or anyone else please post info when/if able on that topic.
So far, it is only border control agents and the military that are heading on a direct, quick tangent to mandate [obviously neither of those private or a business] I assume a host of "essential worker" categories will fall like lock step soon thereafter, where does it end ? That question was asked and we don't know the answer, but how about this - You said "I am against government mandated shots", so how do you stand with the extremely high probability that the US military [aka US Government] is pushing for compulsory vaxx for 1,000,000's of Americans in uniform, a large portion of whom do not want it ?

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why, it is a right any business has just like they have the right to refuse service they can require you to take a drug test and fire you if you fail. I am against government mandated shots.

...but you're okay with "business" mandated shots?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unanswerable in this forum without veering off into politics, as you are well aware how "requirements" can and are set these days.

At this point, I am unaware of any "private businesses" mandating vaxx, you or anyone else please post info when/if able on that topic.
So far, it is only border control agents and the military that are heading on a direct, quick tangent to mandate [obviously neither of those private or a business] I assume a host of "essential worker" categories will fall like lock step soon thereafter, where does it end ? That question was asked and we don't know the answer, but how about this - You said "I am against government mandated shots", so how do you stand with the extremely high probability that the US military [aka US Government] is pushing for compulsory vaxx for 1,000,000's of Americans in uniform, a large portion of whom do not want it ?

The owner of the restaurant Cafe Juanita in Kirkland Wa has stated he will not reopen till all employees have the shot. I haven't really researched it to find who has, just remember reading the article on the cafe.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has rules businesses can require employees to have the vaccine for covid.
EEOC: Employers can make COVID-19 vaccine mandatory - Chicago Tribune

Fact check: Employers can require workers get the COVID-19 vaccine (usatoday.com)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...but you're okay with "business" mandated shots?

If I own a company I have the right as the owner to set the standards required to work for my company. If the person applying for the job doesn't want to except the requirements for employment that is their choice.

Last edited:

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The owner of the restaurant Cafe Juanita in Kirkland Wa has stated he will not reopen till all employees have the shot. I haven't really researched it to find who has, just remember reading the article on the cafe.

The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) has rules businesses can require employees to have the vaccine for covid.

Fact check: Employers can require workers get the COVID-19 vaccine (usatoday.com)

He will not re-open until all employees have had a shot ? Will he also ban customers from coming in if they haven't had a shot?

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
He will not re-open until all employees have had a shot ? Will he also ban customers from coming in if they haven't had a shot?
And...here’s where vaccinations will have no need to be made mandatory. Condition of employment, social gatherings, flying on a plane, traveling to another state, grocery shopping...the list goes on and on.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I doubt it but he want have to worry about employees infecting each other or customers. Again as the owner of a business it is their right to set the standards just like a restaurant has right to refuse service to customers not wearing shits or shoes.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I certainly wouldn't want to have business today and have to be telling the workers to get stuck or asking the customer base to see if they have been stuck. I sold the company when the rules required that I know who the customer base was, collect the ID of everyone that sold scrap to me. I asked one's name and if they said Bill Brown well you were Bill to me from that day on, if you shared I cared, if you squat about your business that was ok as well. But I din't give a rats ass if the persons name was Sam. At the 10 yr mark I was to request picture ID from every customer-that was the day I put up the for sale sign.
I Canada we are protected by our Constitution that states passing your personal information on to a third party was prohibited. So by asking for that name-passing it over to the LEO was basically information gathering that I felt was against the right of privacy. So I quit play the game.
Now this can be applied even today for the needle-is there going to be a card/passport/a bar code on one's forehead?
Will the operator have to ask the employee or the customer for the card/or scan the head to let them in, to eat, to shop?
So the ones that opt out are they going to be cast out basically?
I guess I'll be a cast-a-way as I want no part in that game either.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly wouldn't want to have business today and have to be telling the workers to get stuck or asking the customer base to see if they have been stuck. I sold the company when the rules required that I know who the customer base was, collect the ID of everyone that sold scrap to me. I asked one's name and if they said Bill Brown well you were Bill to me from that day on, if you shared I cared, if you squat about your business that was ok as well. But I din't give a rats ass if the persons name was Sam. At the 10 yr mark I was to request picture ID from every customer-that was the day I put up the for sale sign.
I Canada we are protected by our Constitution that states passing your personal information on to a third party was prohibited. So by asking for that name-passing it over to the LEO was basically information gathering that I felt was against the right of privacy. So I quit play the game.
Now this can be applied even today for the needle-is there going to be a card/passport/a bar code on one's forehead?
Will the operator have to ask the employee or the customer for the card/or scan the head to let them in, to eat, to shop?

I read somewhere that airlines will require proof of recent covid test or vaccine card to fly sometime this year.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My kids probably won't allow me to visit until we all have a vaccine. So no rush for me. They'll be last in line due to age.

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting our 2nd shot next week. Thank you to all who are getting it done so we can return to normal, whatever that is!!

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I doubt it but he want have to worry about employees infecting each other or customers. Again as the owner of a business it is their right to set the standards just like a restaurant has right to refuse service to customers not wearing shits or shoes.

It is NOT the business's RIGHT to require you to put a foreign substance in your body for a requirement of employment. What will be next?
Also, this will create a black market for falsified documents...ain't this country great!

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is NOT the business's RIGHT to require you to put a foreign substance in your body for a requirement of employment. What will be next?
Also, this will create a black market for falsified documents...ain't this country great!

It is business owner's right to decide the requirements for employees to work at their business, don't want to follow business requirements for employment then look else where for employment. Many businesses do not allow political apparel worn while working, just another example of requirements for work, drug tests etc.

EEOC has already ruled businesses can require employees to have shots for employment, only way around is if there are medical restrictions or religious restrictions and you will be required to prove.

"The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has determined that employers can require workers to get vaccinated against COVID-19 and offered guidance on exceptions.Employers have been hoping for clarity from the agency as they mull whether to mandate vaccination even as many people remain concerned about the safety of a vaccine developed so quickly and not tested on certain populations.

The guidelines, published Wednesday, mostly confirm what attorneys have been advising clients as vaccines begin to be distributed.

In essence, the EEOC said employers can require that employees get inoculated as a condition of going to work, unless an employee declines because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief.

In such cases, the employer must offer a reasonable accommodation to the employee, such as working remotely, as long as the accommodation doesn’t cause “undue hardship” for the employer. If there is no accommodation possible, then an employer may prohibit the employee from entering the premises but not necessarily fire the worker. The employer must see if the employee has any other rights under federal or local laws, including the ability to take unpaid leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act.

Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, before an employer can exclude a worker from the physical worksite, the employer must determine if the unvaccinated employee presents a significant risk in harm to health or safety that cannot be eliminated or reduced through reasonable accommodations.

The EEOC also clarified the applicability of certain laws to COVID-19 vaccine mandates. Vaccination, it says, does not constitute a “medical examination” under the ADA that would require an employer show “it is job-related or consistent with business necessity.”

However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends asking screening questions before administering a vaccine to ensure there is no medical reason that would prevent a person from receiving it, and that is a “medical inquiry” that would have to meet the “business necessity” standard. That doesn’t apply if the vaccine is voluntary or if a third-party provider without a contract with the employer, like a pharmacy, administers the vaccine.

“In other words, an employer can avoid this standard if it requires employees to get vaccinated through their own means — going to a pharmacy or a primary care physician,” said Nathaniel Glasser, an attorney with Epstein Becker Green who represents employers.

Employers can ask workers if they have received the vaccine without implicating the ADA or the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act."

Last edited:

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I normally have you blocked, pepperj, but I admire you standing by your principles of freedom of choice.

T.C.

Bronze Member
May 17, 2012
Kalamity Falls, Orygun
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is business owner's right to decide the requirements for employees to work at their business, don't want to follow business requirements for employment then look else where for employment. Many businesses do not allow political apparel worn while working, just another example of requirements for work, drug tests etc.

EEOC has already ruled businesses can require employees to have shots for employment, only way around is if there are medical restrictions or religious restrictions and you will be required to prove.

"The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission has determined that employers can require workers to get vaccinated against COVID-19 and offered guidance on exceptions.[FONT=&]Employers have been hoping for clarity from the agency as they mull whether to mandate vaccination even as many people remain concerned about the safety of a vaccine developed so quickly and not tested on certain populations.

[FONT=&]The guidelines, published Wednesday, mostly confirm what attorneys have been advising clients as vaccines begin to be distributed.

[FONT=&]In essence, the EEOC said employers can require that employees get inoculated as a condition of going to work, unless an employee declines because of a disability or a sincerely held religious belief.

In such cases, the employer must offer a reasonable accommodation to the employee, such as working remotely, as long as the accommodation doesn’t cause “undue hardship” for the employer. If there is no accommodation possible, then an employer may prohibit the employee from entering the premises but not necessarily fire the worker. The employer must see if the employee has any other rights under federal or local laws, including the ability to take unpaid leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act.

Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, before an employer can exclude a worker from the physical worksite, the employer must determine if the unvaccinated employee presents a significant risk in harm to health or safety that cannot be eliminated or reduced through reasonable accommodations.

[FONT=&]The EEOC also clarified the applicability of certain laws to COVID-19 vaccine mandates. Vaccination, it says, does not constitute a “medical examination” under the ADA that would require an employer show “it is job-related or consistent with business necessity.”

[FONT=&]However, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends asking screening questions before administering a vaccine to ensure there is no medical reason that would prevent a person from receiving it, and that is a “medical inquiry” that would have to meet the “business necessity” standard. That doesn’t apply if the vaccine is voluntary or if a third-party provider without a contract with the employer, like a pharmacy, administers the vaccine.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]“In other words, an employer can avoid this standard if it requires employees to get vaccinated through their own means — going to a pharmacy or a primary care physician,” said Nathaniel Glasser, an attorney with Epstein Becker Green who represents employers.

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Employers can ask workers if they have received the vaccine without implicating the ADA or the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act."
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

I know your heart is in the right place, TH. You stated "If I owned a private business, why would I not have the right to set the requirements to work for my business?"

If me and thousands of other business owners had a set of requirements that stated: Employment will be denied if, the prospective employee owns firearms and ammunition. Due to the increasing number of workplace shootings we are moving towards a "safer workplace." Proof of disposal of firearms and ammunition will be required. Also, purchase of firearms and ammunition AFTER employment will be cause for immediate discharge. Furthermore, you will be "black listed" from employment by other business's that support this requirement.
Do you see where this is going, TH?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, outlawing employees from owning a firearm violates the constitution, they can stop you from carrying firearm on the work premise, they can't stop you from owning a gun, they cant stop you from having a gun in your car, most states that have conceal carry laws have laws allowing you to have firearm in your car.

In Florida by law you can have a firearm in your car even with out a license if your 18, if it is kept in glove compartment, glove box or a briefcase or bag, you just cant reach it in one step unless you are conceal carry. In fact in Florida "no guns allowed" signs carry no weight of law as long as you leave the premise if asked. I carry my firearm in stores with no firearms allowed all the time.

I refuse to even drive in a state that has restrictive gun laws, they do not even get money from me for gas taxes.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I read somewhere that airlines will require proof of recent covid test or vaccine card to fly sometime this year.

We were just kind of lightly brushing this topic/flying with close friends last week. Nope/nadda/forget/history......Was the whole consensus of the group of adults. (4 always do a sunny destination a few times a year)

We're kind of at the stage in life that we: "Have of been there-done that" Now home seems comforting to us.
So the airlines can ask all they want-their plane-their rules-you want to fly-get stuck.:dontknow:

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One down .. one to go. My wife and I got our first shots today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread