What you find in Germany with a Chinese Detector

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
They´re not movie props, but actual finds !! Although I doubt very much that they were found by this model or make of detector. These sort of finds are a regular occurrence over here in certain area´s !

treasure-prospector

Jan 10, 2008
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP
KellycoChick said:
Me too, and I made the same "woaaahhhh!" sound. Lol!! Seriously tho, they put that picture up like it's the most common thing you can find... ::) What. Ever.

IT is a MOST common thing to find overhere.... at least the grenades.

In fact if all german EOD units would try to remove all explosive devices from German forests they would spendt the next 60 years with that.

You shouldn't be scared if you dug up a grenade..... just notice the police about your find and they get things running either with civillian or military EOD.

Jagdpanther

Jun 22, 2005
The Edge
Then again off subject but I also wonder if the primer etc in the grenade would still function after so many years in the ground and moisture etc???

The answer is YES!!!

Most explosives become more sensitive after exposure to the elements. Wet and rusty does not mean safe or inert. If you find a UXO make note of the location and notify the authorities.

Stay Safe

OP
OP
rayredditch

rayredditch

May 27, 2006
Europe
Detector(s) used
Adventis II, GoldMaxx Power, Whites Surf Master PI Pro DD, Fisher 1280X Aquanaut, Fisher 1265X, Minelab Advantage, Hartmann 1023, Viking 6DX2
A quick foot note, but in Belgium and France, about 17 people die each year from ordnance left over from WW I .And thants just the explosive shells (Mostly farm workers), then there´s the gas grenades, and the mines. We had a motorway worker die over here last year after his machine hit a bomb that the EOD had missed when laying the motorway 20 or 30 years ago, it was just under the surface, and he was planing the surface prior to laying a new one. How it didn´t explode with all the cars and trucks going over it I don´t know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions