Anybody know Osbey Shasta from Texas?

Ray(Ca)

Greenie
Nov 27, 2007
Central Coast California
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XLT, Jimmy Sierra hipmount GMT and XLT, CTX 3030, Nox 800, Tesoro golden high tone, 2 ground balance modded Tesoro golden Sabre’s 2, Tesoro Bandido micromax 2 , Tejon Black 11x8, Tesoro Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I’ve been looking looking for a 4 pin Tesoro coil. I received this PM from Lesway. (Have you checked with Russell via osmoore9@ aol.com,he has a Tesoro 4 pin concentric Coil Vaquero Cibola Tejon he wants to part with). I contacted the gentleman and he said he had the coil. I sent him the money. He responded and said that he received it and would ship out the coil. That was a month ago. I haven’t heard from him in several weeks and he won’t respond back to my e-mails. Pretty sure he ripped me off. Here’s his address
Kindly send me a money Order

Name: Osbey Shasta
Address: 23322 sawmill pass spring Texas 77373

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ray(Ca)

Ray(Ca)

Greenie
Nov 27, 2007
Central Coast California
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, XLT, Jimmy Sierra hipmount GMT and XLT, CTX 3030, Nox 800, Tesoro golden high tone, 2 ground balance modded Tesoro golden Sabre’s 2, Tesoro Bandido micromax 2 , Tejon Black 11x8, Tesoro Pa
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Should read Osbey Shasta

Kantuckkeean

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2009
Cornfield, IN
Detector(s) used
F-22, cheapo pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Should read Osbey Shasta

I just did a Google search of that name. A couple of other forums popped up in the search results with other folks who have been scammed by someone with that name/alias and they posted wording that was similar to what you posted. Probably a professional scammer. Sorry to hear about that and good luck.

Kindest regards,
Kantuck

OP
OP
Ray(Ca)

Ray(Ca)

Greenie
Nov 27, 2007
Central Coast California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the reply. Looks like he goes by several names including Osbey Jones, Osbey Shasta and Osbey Moore. His e-mail address is [email protected] and his phone number is 334-472-4768. First time I have ever been scammed on detecting stuff. Most detecting folks are very honest but he’s not one of them.
Ray

teleprospector

Silver Member
Jul 8, 2007
The Motor City
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Extended Sensory Perception, L-rod, Y-rod, pendulum, angle rods, wand.
White's MXT, Garrett Ultra GTA 500, AT Gold, SCUBA Detector Pro Headhunter, Tesoro Sidewinder, Stingray, 2 box-TF900, Fisher TW-6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post a craigslist ad in the texas section with his name address and the problem. Maybe that will stir up some Sh!T.
If you have facebook put it on there too. If the tags work correctly lots of people will be linked to your posts.
If you paid by money order from US post office they will track it after 30 days and see if he cashed it. You can get your money back using these money orders.
Jon 8-) :cat: :occasion14: :headbang:

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Ray

Sorry to hear this. I hate scammers! Unfortunately this person, using a number of aliases, appears to have used the same trick on a number of forums and other places… mainly relating to the non-arrival of auto-parts and motor cycle parts.

There's a bunch of stuff that I was reluctant to post on a public forum without substantiation but I have sent you a private message summarising what other victims are saying.

Good luck getting your money back and best wishes from me.

OP
OP
Ray(Ca)

Ray(Ca)

Greenie
Nov 27, 2007
Central Coast California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello Don
Thanks for the info. Looks like the scammers name is Brian Adams or possibly his girlfriend. I guess he also is a auto part
scammer too. He goes by many names. At least it wasn’t a lot of money. I was so anxious to get that coil that I let my guard down. Plus having Lesway recommend him with a e-mail address didn’t help. I just want to warn my fellow Detectorist to watch out for these folks and do your homework on who your dealing with before buying, trading or selling to these online predators. Just because some recommends them doesn’t make them ok to deal with.
Ray

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Those houses are soo close my idea of burning his camp down is out the window...

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I will add, Although it looks Like you Got scammed , Considering your Not the 1st with a Complaint on Him/her,
There is the USPS issues Lately which they are blaming on the Chinese Cooties.
so if your package arrives late because a Worker is Lazy or Just fell off the Turnip Truck & can't read English, Please, PLEASE ! update :coffee2:

Last edited:

gregg877

Aug 1, 2022
Hey all, I know this is an older thread, but I got scammed by this osbey shasta POS over at the Sako Collectors boards. After sending a couple bucks for a rifle stock, comms tapered off and a casual google search lead me here. The email address they used was [email protected] . I filed a money order trace with USPS, though I was told up front by the post office and my local PD that there’s pretty much no way if getting my money back. I’m just glad they didn’t take me for more than they did. I did post the contact details from here at the Sako forum.

Gregg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread