Is there such a thing called metal detectors convention in usa

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In the planning now for 2022 - Stay Tuned!:hello2:

RobertoCole

Mar 1, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally, all state historical sites, state Native American burial grounds, and other state archaeological sites are off limits to metal detecting. - State Parks. However, most states have regulations that determine the legality of metal detecting in their state park system.
AlaskasWorld PET

MichaelBuono

Mar 3, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Generally, all state historical sites, state Native American burial grounds, and other state archaeological sites are off limits to metal detecting. - State Parks. However, most states have regulations that determine the legality of metal detecting in their state park system.
www.tellpizzahut.com

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A "Convention," is not an organized hunt or show, however these can be components of a convention. The convention I am involved with planning is a gathering of enthusiasts, dealers, and manufactures to learn more about the current status of the hobby and industry, as well as its future. It consists of expert speakers, discussion panels, lectures, presentations by manufactures, and floor displays of new machines and technologies from companies in the USA and around the world. It is a multi-day event exploring all aspects of our hobby.

We are exploring several different venues in multiple states that have the floor space and hospitality assets needed for this event. Several organized hunts and field tutorials will be part of the national, annual convention we envision, as well as giveaways and raffles. I stress that we are still in the early planning stages for this event, and that we must consider the current COVID-19 restrictions stretching into 2022.

When we are ready, probably later this year, EVERYONE will know who, what, where, when. Cost? Yet to be determined and will include lodging at or near the convention site. :occasion14:

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the Prospectors Club Of Southern California use to have a "Convention" at California City Calif years ago but i have not heard of one for many years.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terry how’s your 2022 convention planning going, still a go

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread