Feeling Particularly Stuck During the P...

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ms. GoldieLocks,

I think I can relate to your predicaments. My career went off the rails because of the pandemic last March 2020. I owe $6500 in income taxes this year, crap! Yeah life has certainly handed out some hardships to us in the last year, but I try my darndest to keep a positive attitude. Please hang in there girl, because better times are sure to come.

angelito1

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2016
FLA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hoping and praying that things will get better for you........ :angel3:

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no clue if this will help anyone else....One thing that helped me during all of this was to turn the TV off!!!!!!! The news media was just making it worse for me and depressing. Things are rough this year but... My wife, Son, and I have been doing a lot of "old school" stuff. Playing games, reading books, etc.... Once we turned that TV off? Life was so much less stressful. I'm even very limited to the net. Especially, certain social media groups because of their "restrictions and one sided views", I'll leave that at that. As far as the times being bad? Mine were bad for a few years before all of this financially and I'm use to it. Actually started pulling things back together this year. so the Pandemic really didn't effect me that way...everything was already pretty much gone, there was only one direction I could go!! I'm working a job that is horrible on my body...but it's work and I'll take anything right now! Hope everything gets better for you!!! This is rough stuff and we all have to try to find some kind of positive through it all. I know...That's easy to say.......

Last edited:

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don’t think Pandemics ever come to enhance our lives, heck they’re trying to use us as hosts to flourish, regardless of outcome to ourselves. Like our friends the precious little ticks that will soon be crawling all over us if we dare try to enjoy our hobby in the woods to find some relics. So some are suffering medically, ranging from a few bad days to loss of life, and so many more are suffering from the mostly senseless restrictions imposed by the masterminds in power. The suffering will endure into the future due to the debt from the senseless government spending. Bet you’d be faring better if you lived in Florida, just a hunch. The best thing that has been done is producing and getting out an effective vaccine that along with the maybe 100 million folks already with immunity after getting the virus- the infection rates are going down like a stone and restrictions will be lifted or just resisted. My life and others in our family have been fortunate and for that I thank God. I hope and believe better times are just about here. Good luck and keep the faith.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Yep, shut the TV off. I don’t watch mainstream anything and don’t listen to much radio (except HAM). I wouldn’t know there’s a pandemic going on except for the masks. I have a huge family with many elderly members and thank goodness all are healthy.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, shut the TV off. I don’t watch mainstream anything and don’t listen to much radio (except HAM). I wouldn’t know there’s a pandemic going on except for the masks. I have a huge family with many elderly members and thank goodness all are healthy.

We were just talking about HAM the other day. I know very little about it and was thinking of trying to learn. Same here, I wouldn't have even known the pandemic existed over the summer if it wasn't for masks and trying to work some jobs with the stupid things. Towards the end of summer we refused to wear them on the job sites, just keep distance, can't breathe and they get soaked in sweat anyhow. Which is nasty when trying to work. :laughing7: We need to start a "turn the media off" campaign in this country.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Move to Florida. Our state is doing great. The governor got his act together quick and our covid issues are better than states that are completely shut down. When voters vote an idiot into office you get idiotic rules. This is America, we still have a vibrant living constitution no matter what the media is trying to tell you.

Last edited:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Move to Florida. Our state is doing great. The governor got his act together quick and our covid issues are better than states that are completely shut down. You put an idiot in office you get idiotic rules. This is America no matter what the media is trying to tell you.

I agree your gov rocks, lucky to have him.
Solutions to long term problems however are not found running away from them, is likely not a realistic option for most, and I doubt it would be for the best for FL if 1,000,000's were to stampede down there from other states - Then of course theres the little hurricane thing there that can make life pretty miserable, wouldn't want to deal with that on a yearly basis.
To the OP, obviously 10,000,000's of people around the globe have been negatively affected by the filthy chinese virus, very few average folks are immune, all you can do is hang in there, rebound when you are down and try to find some distractions to occupy yourself. I especially worry about the long term effect this unprecedented [IMO intentional] oppression that has been forced upon us will have on children. Things are messed up, I am not optimistic about things getting better any time soon, just try to look at it as a day above ground is a good one.

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I seriously do not want anymore people to move to Florida. It's already filling up fast. I was basically showing all states had the choice to be careful, protect the most vulnerable while still allowing businesses to function at a profitable capacity. Knee jerk " everyone's gonna die" rules obviously didn't/don't work.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I recall correctly she fled Fla last year . sometimes the grass isn't greener in other states. all I can say is hang in there ,life will improve as will the weather.
stay busy and be sure to exercise.

OP
OP
GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida was OK, I was in Tallahassee a year ago when the pandemic shut everything Down. I guess I got lucky to have gotten SSI and my gallbladder removed in Mar-April. No, when you are super poor blocking all public bathrooms makes peoples lives so much more hellish. I will not live in the formal SE again. I am candy and men throw themselves embarassingly at me in public almost everywhere- Sevannah was the worst! I am up by Redding , CA right now but may give up and fi d a room for rent in the greater Phoenix area soon. Smaller areas have very limited rooms for rent to chose from. I have only been here just over 3 weeks, and I am postponing just cutting my loses and taking off.

Last edited:

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Florida was OK, I was in Tallahassee a year ago when the pandemic shut everything Down. I guess I got lucky to have gotten SSI and my gallbladder removed in Mar-April. No, when you are super poor blocking all public bathrooms makes peoples lives so much more hellish. I will not live in the formal SE again. I am candy and men throw themselves embarassingly at me in public almost everywhere- Sevannah was the worst! I am up by Redding , CA right now but may give up and fi d a room for rent in the greater Phoenix area soon. Smaller areas have very limited rooms for rent to chose from. I have only been here just over 3 weeks, and I am postponing just cutting my loses and taking off.
Up here in Mich it’s a woman that shut everything down.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree, shut the TV off and keep away from the news media. Your life and energy will increase at least 50 % right off the bat. The problem with the news media these days, is that they don't report news, they report opinion. The other part of the problem is that they only report what they want you to hear, not the facts. As far as living in Florida, heck, you haven't lived until you've lived in Illinois ! Move into this state, and you can join the hundreds of thousands joining in on the mass exodus. My wife and I would be 2 more people leaving Illinois, but she just can't leave the Grandkids.

OP
OP
GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am originally from Mn. There isn't a gov in our country that didn't shut things down ..like companies...no one wants to be blamed for mass spreaders or sued!

I am unsticking myself.
I have plans for fall and need to be in preferred state to carry them out.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am candy? No wonder.

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sticky candy ? to get unstuck maybe an up lifting job would help.

OP
OP
GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am moving back to the greater Phoenix area mid next week. This has been a long time coming!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread