Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very impressive!

The shelf holding your bottles also caught my eye. That thing is gorgeous. What type of wood and is there a story behind it?

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very nice and very creative too.

I have a friend who inherited a mass of old china crockery when her mother died. None of it valuable, and much of it chipped or cracked, but with a sentimental value that made it hard for her to simply throw it away. She smashed it all into pieces around 1-2 inches across and covered a wall on her garden patio with them to create a very impressive abstract mural, mosaic-fashion. What she used to bond them to the wall was a quick-drying cement-based product which is sold for patch-repairs on paths and such.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been building a skiff to get back out wreck hunting....yesterday I had a bunch of fiberglass work,....so as the glass work cured and set up I had time to make a quick little mosaic with some scrap wood pieces.....stress free time...art, beer, and the radio recharge my batteries !!
Talk about keeping busy Bart... I got tired just reading what you do all day. :laughing7:

Best of luck with your skiff on your wreck hunts,
Dave

OP
OP
Blak bart

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive!

The shelf holding your bottles also caught my eye. That thing is gorgeous. What type of wood and is there a story behind it?

Dug....I have an urban logging business that deals with exotic hardwoods. That shelf was once a growing and endangered "Willow bustic" tree. It grew in my backyard and was tortured by termites. It was miss shapen with giant voids from termite damage. The art of pouring colored epoxy in these voids is extremely popular right now so this fragile rotten log sold out quickly. I had to save a piece for my self.....it has gold metal flake in the epoxy pour and came out real nice. Ill take some better pics and post them. Hard to believe that the log that I thought would be worthless sold out first !!

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Dug....I have an urban logging business that deals with exotic hardwoods. That shelf was once a growing and endangered "Willow bustic" tree. It grew in my backyard and was tortured by termites. It was miss shapen with giant voids from termite damage. The art of pouring colored epoxy in these voids is extremely popular right now so this fragile rotten log sold out quickly. I had to save a piece for my self.....it has gold metal flake in the epoxy pour and came out real nice. Ill take some better pics and post them. Hard to believe that the log that I thought would be worthless sold out first !!

Thank you so much, as your schedule permits.

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bart,,great recipe for preserving thanks again for sharing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread