Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man you had nice toys! I thought a Tonka Truck was the ultimate toy. Then I got a BB gun.

I know I was brought up by a single parent and my mom was a secretary and she would spent her whole Christmas bonuses on me because she had guilt about me not having a farther. Man I loved it. And that every Christmas she reminded me even in my adulthood I’ll she would spend her whole bonus check on me LOL

Needless to say I was a total mama’s boy until the day she died.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
When we were kids my mom and dad had a big fight over money. They had a small stack of bills and neither of them wanted it. They kept this up for a while. The money was on the table. Me and my brother figured if they didn't want it we would take it and we did. We took the money and came home a couple of hours later. Each of us had a brand new Daisy BB gun. Everything after that is another story. This was back in 1958. I was 8 and my brother was 11. I'm sure it was all his idea.

Lol I have the Benjamin 177 pellet gun what a blast. Just talking about it I had the best childhood then at 14 came the Miller light ponies. After that life was fun but I was heading down a one-way street. I’m at sober and clean for 16 years. If you can get sober in New Orleans you can get sober anywhere. They say New Orleans is the city that sobriety forgot about.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

CLASSIC I never saw that one before

Our generations was definitely fearless and if we put a helmet on our heads just to ride a bike we would be call ******ed I know that lol Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 12.28.55 AM.png

Last edited:

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool thread...anyone have one of these? This is my Big Bang Cannon from 1965...they still make them. I fired this one within the last month...sounds like a 12 gauge with flame out the barrel. Uses carbide granules and water to make acetylene gas..a spark and BOOM!
The grandkids think it sooo cool.

Attachments

• 2AC80E4A-7B75-4CB2-9502-AD573B9E06CE.jpeg
    2AC80E4A-7B75-4CB2-9502-AD573B9E06CE.jpeg
    16.3 KB · Views: 67

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
That's awesome.
One of my favorite toys as a kid was my shootin shell Fanner 50 cap gun.!

Those were great. I can’t count the number of times my older brother and I put a round into each other’s face. Ah, the good old days when kids were kids and lessons were learned the hard way. When some kid suffered an eye injury, instead of suing the company (Mattel, if I remember correctly) the parent would say “Well, what’d you expect would happen when you shoot each other in the face?” Then you’d go to school the next day, proudly displaying a black eye and making up some outlandish tale about how it happened in an effort to impress your friends.
dts

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cool thread...anyone have one of these? This is my Big Bang Cannon from 1965...they still make them. I fired this one within the last month...sounds like a 12 gauge with flame out the barrel. Uses carbide granules and water to make acetylene gas..a spark and BOOM!
The grandkids think it sooo cool.

Now that is cool. Was that a legit toy from back in 65?

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those were great. I can’t count the number of times my older brother and I put a round into each other’s face. Ah, the good old days when kids were kids and lessons were learned the hard way. When some kid suffered an eye injury, instead of suing the company (Mattel, if I remember correctly) the parent would say “Well, what’d you expect would happen when you shoot each other in the face?” Then you’d go to school the next day, proudly displaying a black eye and making up some outlandish tale about how it happened in an effort to impress your friends.
dts

Ain’t that the truth

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son had that Winnebago. I tripped over it many times. His favorite toy though was his Six Million Dollar man. He had a tiny backpack and if you clipped a wire from it to a metal item you could get radio, which we all thought was amazing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My son had that Winnebago. I tripped over it many times. His favorite toy though was his Six Million Dollar man. He had a tiny backpack and if you clipped a wire from it to a metal item you could get radio, which we all thought was amazing.

Did your son ever have that one where the arms stretched and the legs stretched. Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 10.32.55 PM.png

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now that is cool. Was that a legit toy from back in 65?
Yes, and they still sell them. A bit more pricey now of course. This is from the brochure I ordered the Bangsite and flint from to get it working again.

Attachments

• 07703E05-9355-4A95-8B93-9C252F426905.jpeg
    07703E05-9355-4A95-8B93-9C252F426905.jpeg
    12.3 KB · Views: 58

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best I had was a bike 'equipped' with a cloths pin attached to the frame, holding a playing card in a position where the card would hit the moving spokes and make a cool sound as if the bike were motorized.
Don.....

you must be a bit older than me, we used soda or beer cans when i was a kid.made it sound like a 2 stroke dirt bike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread