The check's in the mail.

marjam

Nov 17, 2012
I got mine today as well. I dont really have anything on my radar at the moment to buy. I will probably put mine back and use it when I go on vacation in the summer. I got alot of my needs for metal detecting in the fall 2020 and Christmas time. Unless I come across something I have to have, I will be saving mine for a later day.

I am just grateful that I have that luxury. Lots of people need it for needs far greater than mine. Here's hoping folks get those needs met not just by this money, but also getting this country up and running again.

Tony in SC

Gold Member
Jun 8, 2006
Upstate South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab, Tesoro, and custom machines
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I thought the checks were starting to arrive, the parking lot at the liquor store was almost full yesterday:laughing7:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Going to be a banner week for Ninetendo & Nike sales ....

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The irs will get mine when I do my next taxes season .

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't received mine yet. In fact I haven't received the first or second one yet. Add to that, I haven't received my 2019 federal refund. But, I am sure that the scumbag that stole my 2019 federal return needed the money more than me.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
No second check here either. Have to add to the tax filings, and now an amendment for unemployment pay. These individual amendments gonna be piling up!

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I haven't received mine yet. In fact I haven't received the first or second one yet. Add to that, I haven't received my 2019 federal refund. But, I am sure that the scumbag that stole my 2019 federal return needed the money more than me.

Whoa! Do you have a open case with the IRS to get this corrected?

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Almost enough to pay half my property taxes which are due next month

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Our money was direct deposited yesterday. Most of it will go for 2020 taxes. I just learned about a southwest Indian charity that sounds like it is doing very good work - so they will get some, as well.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Our money was direct deposited yesterday. Most of it will go for 2020 taxes. I just learned about a southwest Indian charity that sounds like it is doing very good work - so they will get some, as well.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo
sorry to hear about the tax situation. There’s nothing more redundant than paying taxes with tax money.

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa! Do you have a open case with the IRS to get this corrected?

Yes. I filed back in July 2020. I got a letter in December 2020 saying they received my claim and to give them 180 days to investigate! I even now where the fraudulent refund went to. A Green Dot bank account. The IRS knows that too.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
I'm an independent contractor, so I usually pay the Federal government each year. And usually (fingers crossed) we get a healthy refund from the state.

Yes, it does seem unusual to receive a check and then write a check. But it sure beats the years when I owed and didn't have the money to pay!

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

GopherDaGold

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2009
St. Charles County, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Teknetics Delta 4000, Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of mine went for a WEN 11,000 watt dual-fuel generator and a manual transfer switch panel for the homestead.

Bronze Member
May 26, 2011
tujunga ca
Detector(s) used
xlt mxt gmz and now a gmt whites
still have not got mine.oh well iam going to use it to buy my property taxes,just hope it gets here before then
brad

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Enjoy it in good health. I have not received anything yet. Got hit by last years Easter tornado and paper filled because my fiber was still down and did not want to be late. They still have around 6 million returns from last year they are behind on. Already filled this year but they say I am missing last year. They did cash my check I sent them for last year though.....Good grief! On my return they ask if you were in a declared Federal disaster area. I clicked "yes". The next screen that popped up said " We are sorry to hear about that" and that was that.
I need to find some treasure it is looking like.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It will give you some kind of result or message even if not monetary. What does it say, "no results"? My entry gave me the day and account number it will be deposited in. There is a limit on how much you can make and still receive a stimulus payment, $75,000 single, $150, married and $112,000 for head of house.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread