ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CD... you need to check the impeller... your stream should be steady... should be pissing.
OR... you did not have enough water in the can.

Dont run long like that if water is too low... i HIGHLY suggest you use a hose flush adapter... they are cheap and sold at Walmart.

You will burn up more than that impeller if not.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PS... just a bone... FIRST sign of trouble to come is that pissing... no piss... soon no motor.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I noticed that... I am new to boats...Thanks!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The impeller replacement is cheap... BUT sometimes a pain in arse... you have to remover the lower unit to get at it.

Most times this is not that big of deal... especially on fresh water run motors.

First thing you should always check before departing.

IF that stream is no strong... the impeller is bad or on its way to being so.

That cools the motor... and i am sure you are smart enough to know what happens when a motor overheats. :)

Impeller for that should run about 20 bucks but i am not sure on that.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Will have a new one ! Thanks!

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are correct Calabash. If you don't have a hard stream of water coming out of the back of the engine, you have a major problem coming FAST. I have captained 5 boats to date, some of them pretty big, and that is one thing that will leave you sitting out fast.

If you can, buy a new Yamaha 9.9. They are sweet! I have my latest boat on consignment to sell right now. 14' Alumacraft. Couldn't find anyone to go with me and its just plain dumb to go by yourself.

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are correct Calabash. If you don't have a hard stream of water coming out of the back of the engine, you have a major problem coming FAST. I have captained 5 boats to date, some of them pretty big, and that is one thing that will leave you sitting out fast.

If you can, buy a new Yamaha 9.9. They are sweet! I have my latest boat on consignment to sell right now. 14' Alumacraft. Couldn't find anyone to go with me and its just plain dumb to go by yourself.

They ? ? ?

***ARC looks behind himself***

:P

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just woke up from going on an epic dig. I can barely see the keyboard right now! As long as they is you and you is they, we is fine!

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
8536955.jpg

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Where is your hoist for lifting cannons and treasure chests?:dontknow:

Great job, looking forward to the future videos.

OP
OP
Calabash Digger

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Installing it now lol

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CD. Good luck with the new boat..looking forward to see the videos soon..be safe out there is there any alligators around

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just saw a update video flying down the stream wide open..you really got it dialed in ..Watch out for any big branches or tree stumps out there

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I also prefer to run my outboards in plastic drums. My Yamaha 40 fits perfectly in a 55 gallon plastic drum that I cut the top off. I bought a few of these drums on craigslist for $7 each. They come up for sale fairly often. I've seen them as high as $20. I drain the tank by garden hose attached to a brass rain barrel spigot near the bottom of the barrel (leave enough room to turn the valve).

The problem with your set-up is the trash can is too small for that outboard. The rule of thumb for outboard mechanics is to have the water level above the cavitation plate.

When you buy a new outboard, look for one that has a hose fitting for cleanout. Common feature on the 4-strokes.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a strong craft. Impeller is a cheap fix that's for sure. There probably lots of self help videos showing how to replace as well.
Looking great-best of luck with the new toy.

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John what do you think about this new notka makro machine, look brother I’m not a loyalist, but from what dilek from the company said it’s going to compete with the minelab equinox 800, I have no reason to think it won’t, I don’t need 3 detectors, do deus to dam expensive and not water proof, my point to you is I will wait but let me no when you get dried off from your dipping and diving, I’m sure you will give honest opinion, thanks john

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread