Equinox 600/800 Nuance #1

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for taking the time to post this up. I haven't even gotten out for my first dig of the year here in Minnesota yet. The snow is gone though, so i'll be out soon with my EQ 600!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great information thanks for sharing with us

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff!

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Jm2c. I ran outside to my coin garden and tested a long time buried 7" and 9" Washington quarter. I didn't see anything dramatic in faster speed. Actually, I got maximum detection signal with a smooth medium speed. The 9" target was reading 12-to-13 inches easily, at a smooth, medium speed. A faster swing, for me today, made the signal break up at around 11-12". It came back though with returning to a regulated slower speed.

Maybe somebody with video abilities and faster internet speed and with an established coin garden, could give a second opinion to in the ground versus air test range abilities, using varying swing speed. Btw, I'm running an Equinox 600, Park1, sens at 22 and recovery speed of 2, Multi freq and no ground balance.

I just tested inside for direct comparison, using open air and I got the results as indicated in the video. The demonstration here replicates the nuance, in open air. I'm just not certain it means much for actual real-world hunts for in-ground signals.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread