California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
49er12, have you ever had any Bigfoot encounters while out and about?

Not out detecting, and I wouldn't call it a "bigfoot" story but rather just one that had me creeped out. When I used to live In West Virginia, we had coyotes, bears etc. I would sometimes go outside at night to listen to the frogs and catch fireflies. One night, I heard a very long, very loud deep howl. Nothing like a coyote would make, or anything I know of. It was weird. A loud, deep howl coming out of a real thick section of our woods. Scared the daylights out of me as a kid.

But other than that, not much, other than going to this one site, and had an overwhelming feeling I was being watched. I never went back. That place scared the hell out of me for some reason, and I don't know why.

You followed your gut-feeling, your instinct, the sense of dread..., whatever, you did the right thing..., but you may have been warned, and the dread was its presence, nearby...!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
49er12, have you ever had any Bigfoot encounters while out and about?

eyemusdigtreasure, Fat and Dizzydigger got it anyway.. The 4oo1th post was just a complete coincidence! Happy April Fools all, and same for Easter.

Lucky me...! Really!
What you mean, April Fools - you sent it Apr 2nd...?!
Great Thread, and the Subject can go much further - as we got some folks to open up, and THAT was your idea, eh, xr7ator...?
Cheers!

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent topic here. I’ve never spotted one but I used to work with a person from Cambodia..whenever we spoke about these I would see the frightening look in her face..She swears that they are real and feels that they have the ability to appear and disappear and would never go outside after dark

Doubloony

Apr 8, 2021
East Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen one and heard two (up close) in my whole lifetime here in East texas. I used to hear them at night far off. I generally know when I'm being watched, and they watch all the time if they are around. You will rarely see one, if ever. There are other things in the woods here other than those hairy b@$%$#&$. They don't come around when (lets call them 'the pack') are around. So, I like having the pack around. I've had one dog stolen by the hairy b@$%$#&$, and I loved that dog. They will be wise to stay away from now on, because both I and the pack have a certain vendetta with them. Some people say there is no such thing, that is, until they see one themselves. All I have to say to these people, is come here to East Texas and find a place in the big woods down in the bottoms to sit at night, come out in the morning and look me in the face and tell me nothing is in those woods.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
A nice yarn but it appears the story was urban myth?

Snopes that does fact checks declared the story false. If the Army’s statement isn’t sufficient, the only service member with the first name Dan or Daniel who died in Kandahar in 2002 was killed — along with three others — in an accident involving the clearing and disposal of explosives. There are no incidents on the Department of Defense press release page, in which all military casualties were listed, involving a giant. Likewise, there are no reports of an entire patrol disappearing in Afghanistan.

Crow

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought we might have herd something if a whole patrol was wiped out or missing.

xaos

Bronze Member
Jul 3, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone who has been the Annual Cookout knows Bigfoot does exist!

sailing-ship-fire-pit.jpg

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
if you live in the desert a fun nighttime pastime is satellite spotting. Every now and then you will spot a triangle of three flying in formation. The first time I spotted one I was pretty freaked out...being alone in the desert and all...but realized those were GPS satellites or some such.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone seen Godzilla, lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions