AT MAX Setting Tips??

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hunt farm fields with lots of nails from burnt houses and farm junk. I like to set mine on pro zero and iron disc. on 35. Gary

edit: just realized you have a Max. I have the Pro. Sorry. Gary

Last edited:

Travel240z

Greenie
Dec 16, 2018
Alberta
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Equinox 600, Previous detectors were the Garrett AT series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like to run mine in zero mode, iron set at zero with the iron audio on. This does reduce the machine to a 2 tone but easy to switch between iron audio on and off. The reason that I do this is to investigate each find. I will also set up the custom mode with nothing notched out and the iron set at 35, if I believe that I have a bottle cap then I will switch to this mode for confirmation. I also have the all metal mode set up with nothing notched out and use this for deep targets that the zero mode can not confirm. As for sensitivity, I am usually 1 or 2 bars down to reduce some of the chatty responses, this can also be bumped back up on deep targets.
If you get an iron target close to the surface, lift the coil and re-scan as the signal can change. I have found many good targets using this method that sounded like crap. Always swing the 180deg circle on a deeper iron target, again you can end up with good targets by a little extra scanning. If it remains as an iron signal after this, you know it’s likely....... iron.
Hope this helps, most of my areas do not have large amount of trash.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread