What I did this winter....

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Spent the period from mid-November to mid-February remodeling a big portion of the house. In January, I found a guy in Boise selling a beatup old Wilfley lab table. I've always wanted a close look at Wilfley's ideas, so bought it. It had all the stuff with it, but mostly in baskets.
I spent the last 6 or 7 weeks rebuilding it. I had to make a new table, including the wooden underframe. Do some work on the motor, and make some new bronze bearings for the drive unit. Also made a variable speed mechanical pulley and sliding motor mount, so I could vary the pulse rate while running. It has all the 0n-the-fly adjustments these tables are noted for, including pulse rate, and stroke length, as well as table tilt. I also stripped and painted everything, but the inside of the drive unit. That runs in an oil bath, so doesn't rust anyway. House pics suck, but thought you guys might enjoy the shaker table pics. I'm currently working on the water distribution system, and then the water discharge system.
Jim

New subframe for Wifley Lab Table.jpg New subframe 2.jpg New Wilfley 1.jpg New Wifley 2.jpg New Wifley 3.jpg New Wilfley 4.jpg New Wilfley 5.jpg New Wilfley 7.jpg

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks heavy-any idea?
Great rebuild

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yes, they are heavy. Very solidly constructed. I'd guess it weighs around 200-250. The table alone weighs 28lbs. But, the table, is easily removed, and that helps. They're not really made to be portable. They work best when setup, and adjusted for a particular ore, either placer or lode. Wilfley supplied them with an option for two tables...one for fine gold, and one for coarser material. The table I built is a near copy of their fine gold table, but made from 1/4" ABS.
Jim

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Very cool that you rebuilt it, but what is it and what does it do?

OP
OP
Jim in Idaho

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's a gold-concentrating table. Look that subject up on Youtube, and you can find many videos of them running.
Jim

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
It's a gold-concentrating table. Look that subject up on Youtube, and you can find many videos of them running.
Jim

Wow, was I off on that one. It was in your garage and I thought it was for cutting wood. Thank you for letting me know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions