Fenn graveyard looter gets prison sentence

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The guy who looted the military cemetary in Yellowstone National Park while looking for the Forrest Fenn treasure was sentenced to six months in prison, six months of home detention, two years probations and a fine of $31,566. Got off easy if you ask me. He dug 17 holes and other damage.

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The guy who looted the military cemetary in Yellowstone National Park while looking for the Forrest Fenn treasure was sentenced to six months in prison, six months of home detention, two years probations and a fine of $31,566. Got off easy if you ask me. He dug 17 holes and other damage.

I take it he didn’t get anything?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take it he didn’t get anything?

Yes he did, he GOT "six months in prison, six months of home detention, two years probations and a fine of $31,566".:laughing7:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't buy that he was after the Fenn Treasure, i think it was just the excuse he gave the court. Being he dug 17 holes in that grave yard where US soldiers were buried, i personally think he was attempting grave robbery. Likely looking for military swords, guns, insignia, gold rings etc that were buried with the soldiers. I could well be wrong, but I don't personally buy his Fenn cover story.

Last edited:

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just as i thought, look at how deep these holes are and right on the grave sites themselves. He also would have known digging that deep and under roots that he was into soil that hadn't been disturbed in a 100+ years, not the loose recently disturbed soil of a chest just buried a few years earlier. Plus, he had to have known Fenn likely wouldn't have broken federal law just to bury a treasure right on top of a US soldiers body. Also, had Fenn buried it in a Grave yard, once it was dug up, the digger may have been caught red-handed thereby implicating Fenn of a crime too.

No sir, the Fenn excuse was just his cover story, he was there grave robbing, no doubt about it in my opinion.

fenncemetery.jpg

fenncemetery2.jpg

Last edited:

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just as i thought, look at how deep these holes are and right on the grave sites themselves. He also would have known digging that deep and under roots that he was into soil that hadn't been disturbed in a 100+ years, not the loose recently disturbed soil of a chest just buried a few years earlier. Plus, he had to have known Fenn likely wouldn't have broken federal law just to bury a treasure right on top of a US soldiers body. Also, had Fenn buried it in a Grave yard, once it was dug up, the digger may have been caught red-handed thereby implicating Fenn of a crime too.

No sir, the Fenn excuse was just his cover story, he was there grave robbing, no doubt about it in my opinion.

View attachment 1914949

View attachment 1914950

Wow what a piece of shxt

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fenn didn't say he 'buried' his treasure anyway.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
Federal Law enforcements were days away from apprehending Fenn on at least fraud charges for killing those 4 dumb people.
His goal was to kill hundreds and continue releasing clues as the body count increased.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That IDIOT deserves some jail time. That said, why do looters and habitual drug users walk, as do some DUI killers?

GoDeep

Bronze Member
Nov 12, 2016
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett, Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That IDIOT deserves some jail time. That said, why do looters and habitual drug users walk, as do some DUI killers?

Just think, there's probably a good chance they were a member on this forum!

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No chance that they were from Connecticut, we do not have any IDOTS here. Just college education folks like myself.
HCC in Bridgeport majoring in Accounting in 1981.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread