Another Penny Ruined. I Let Friends Order One Last Saturday. Dang, Ay Yi Yi.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A cautionary tale for everyone today. :D

Well, I let some good friends talk me into ordering a raw 1984p DDO-001 for them on a trusted seller's site. (Love that double ear.) It did arrive fairly quickly, which was a bit of a surprise.

I Gave it to them yesterday afternoon and they were ecstatic :headbang: but pointed out a little carbon spot they hadn't noticed in the seller's images. I agreed about the spot and suggested they return it. I was disappointed for them but didn't think anything more about it until they called me last night.

They said they were feeling better about keeping the coin because they removed the spot!! I immediately had images of a Dremel tool grinding away at the spot. It was almost as bad. They took a pencil eraser to the spot!!!! ... Ay Yi Yi!!! ... :censored:
I'll check back in tonight to see how bad the damage is. Hopefully, I haven't ruined what minuscule amount of "credibility" I may have with my friends here.

Thanks for taking a look and don't hate me. (And resist the urge to give me a head slap.:laughing7:)

Uh oh!
Another Penny Ruined. I Let Friends Order One Last Saturday. Dang, Ay Yi Yi.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread