Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a rant...

Today has been a double whammy and I'm pretty aggravated right now..... I took some time off work while they rearrange the plant and make my life more difficult there, and decided that I would spend today hitting this spot I've had my eye on with big OLD oaks at the edge of the old downtown area.... Well, when I got there I found that the city had just mowed it and in the process scattered so much can slaw over the area that the whole place glittered in the sunlight :BangHead: So I thought I'd go hit a nearby park just hoping to not have the day be a total bust. Sadly in the little out of the way area I went to, some 𝚜̶𝚕̶𝚘̶𝚋̶𝚜̶ diggers had been there recently and left badly filled, or open holes all over. A couple of them looked like they'd been dug with a claw hammer... As a bonus, they had left bottle caps next to some, pull tabs by others, and at least a couple rusty nails. I picked up what I saw and tried to take care of the worst of the holes, then left because I saw a park truck cruising nearby and didn't feel like explaining that I hadn't even turned my machine on yet and those holes weren't mine.... Not what I wanted to be doing today at all. So here I am at home, about to check google earth for vacant lots in old neighborhoods and hopefully the slobs haven't been there first this time

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, no shortage of genius' out there using a detector! Wonder what the city would have done to them had they been caught?

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yup, no shortage of genius' out there using a detector! Wonder what the city would have done to them had they been caught?

Likely they would have closed the park(s) to all - the responsible folks who clean up the messes left by the slobs as well as the guilty. Same deal with slob fishermen.

metrotec

Jan 5, 2020
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites, Radio Shack, Metrotec, peach tree fork
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same happened to me in E TN. I had hunted a wham/bam area and found lotsa stuff, Yankee mostly. Went back a few years later and the farmer remembered me and we had a pleasant talk. When it came for permission again, "sorry ****, I let in a "group", and they left holes every where. Not gonna let anyone detect here any more."
And so it goes.
UPYOURS whom ever you are/were.
PS Found a 1917 TENN license tag there, in great shape. Sold it for $135.00 Don't know which Yankee was driving back then.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That's the reason why some cities just broad brush the "hole" hobby and ban. Some just don't have any respect for the ground they walk on.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Seems to be more and more common. I filled gigantic holes with the target - usually an aluminum can or something easily identified as junk left outside the hole. No wonder so many places are now off limits.

When I detect the shoreline I need a separate container for the miles of monofilament that I pick up along with the assorted trash. I draw the line at feminine hygiene products and prophylactics. Some people are just animals. It also frosts me to find so many full “doggie doo-doo” bags. Do these dog owners really think that they are accomplishing anything by bagging dog cr*p and leaving it for someone else to clean up? At least if it wasn’t bagged it would eventually disintegrate instead of being preserved inside a plastic bag.

Sorry for the rant but you started it :laughing7:

dts

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions