Please mind your manners - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree241Likes

Thread: Please mind your manners

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    37292 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    A dislike button would be VERY cool here.
    No it wouldn't, it would just create hard feelings and problems as members are offended.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971
    306th Bomb Wing Strategic Air Command
    Lackland AFB
    Lowery AFB
    McCoy AFB
    Kadena AFB 1968-1969, 1970-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

I exercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

(Per Admins avatars and signatures do not fall under rules for politics.)

Charter Member
    us
    ARC

Aug 2014
    Bahia Del Espiritu Santo - "Bay of the Holy Spirit”
    JW 8X V.2 - ML X2 - VP 580
    81405 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    No it wouldn't, it would just create hard feelings and problems as members are offended.
    Yes... agreed.
    Treasure_Hunter likes this.
    DETECT WITH RESPECT - Have permission... Fill holes... Dispose of trash. - The Random Chat Thread -http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/ev...en-24-7-a.html

us
    Sep 2020
    Dumas,AR
    305 times
    I,ve never had anyone here be anything but nice,I,m a newbie to this and have yet to save up my money for a detector,but I,m working on it and in the meantime I read all that I can about the hobby as well as offer any help that I can.For instance I am pretty good at recognizing cartridge cases,so offer advice if I can.Also add a little humor,which I feel is often needed these days.I feel that what I,ve learned so far on here is equal to many hours of blind hog detecting.Thanks to all the folks who have offered advice and help,I appreciate it!Don,t forget that much of what is said on the net comes across without context or inflection and can easily be misread so think before you leap.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    37292 times
    Quote Originally Posted by crashbandicoot View Post
    I,ve never had anyone here be anything but nice,I,m a newbie to this and have yet to save up my money for a detector,but I,m working on it and in the meantime I read all that I can about the hobby as well as offer any help that I can.For instance I am pretty good at recognizing cartridge cases,so offer advice if I can.Also add a little humor,which I feel is often needed these days.I feel that what I,ve learned so far on here is equal to many hours of blind hog detecting.Thanks to all the folks who have offered advice and help,I appreciate it!Don,t forget that much of what is said on the net comes across without context or inflection and can easily be misread so think before you leap.
    What detector, what type of hunting and and what price range are you interested in?

Lackland AFB
    Lowery AFB
    McCoy AFB

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Charter Member
    us
    Feb 2005
    MI USA
    Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
    4118 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by AARC View Post
    A dislike button would be VERY cool here.
    well, since my suggestion was unceremoniously deleted, am guessing admin is leaning towards no
    AARC likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    37292 times
    It has been suggested multiple times over last 13 years that I know of and still a no go. All it would do is create problems and hard feelings between some members.
    AARC and SeabeeRon like this.

Lackland AFB
    Lowery AFB
    McCoy AFB

No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment

us
    Sep 2020
    Dumas,AR
    305 times
    What detector, what type of hunting and and what price range are you interested in?
    Right now I,m leaning toward the AT Pro,My most available places to hunt are tot lots,athletic fields,old and newer ones and under bleachers.I,ve IDed some old home places,tenant houses on farms.The houses are no longer there but show up on older maps.Tons of farm fields.None of these are especially old,1940 and later,so i,m looking for lost jewelry,coins and such you,d find in these places.Who knows where this journey may take me but that,s my starting place.I,m looking at the 500.00 to 600.00 dollar range as that,s what the AT Pro seems to be going for along with a good pin pointer.I,m pretty much set on new purchase,and I learned a long time ago to wait until I have the money to get what I want rather than settle for something else.Any and all advice will be appreciated and considered.Thank you for your interest.Damn fine site!

May 2017
    1706 times
    Quote Originally Posted by relicmeister View Post
    She did not tell anyone what to do, just recounted her experience.
    "Please mind your manners" was the subject of her post. That's telling everyone what to do, arbitrarily, regardless of who they are or how they post.

Sorry but that's scolding.

If you want to call someone out for bad manners/post hijacking/etc? Go for it. But to blanket finger-wag the entire forum is plain stupid.
    AARC, T.C., ticndig and 1 others like this.

Charter Member
    us
    Wolf Pack!

Jan 2014
    Brookings-Harbor Oregon
    White's prizm IV Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
    14332 times
    AARC and T.C. like this.

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used.

Time is like a river. You cannot touch the same water twice, because the flow that has passed will never pass again. Enjoy every moment of your life.

A student said to his master, "You teach me fighting, but you talk about peace. How do you reconcile the two?"
    The master replied, "It is better to be a warrior in a garden, than to be a gardener in a war."

us
    "Is that a Geiger Counter?"

Feb 2006
    South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the headlands
    Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
    15301 times
    Metal Detecting
    You don't have to intentionally give offense for someone to take offense.

If someone posts a lump of coal and asks "is this a meteorite?"

They may take offense when you respond "No. It is a lump of coal."

That is not the fault of the answer. It is the fault of fallen expectations.
    tinpan, AARC, T.C. and 5 others like this.
    "If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth" -- Carl Sagan.

Need the names of good men and heroes to say? Say the names of M. Sgt Gordon and 1st Sgt Shugart.

au
    Sep 2004
    Eaglehawk
    GPX
    1554 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Hi , Beg your pardon , there's a cherry tree in my garden tp

Charter Member
    us
    Mar 2013
    SW, VA - Bull Mountain
    CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
    21145 times
    Digging in the dirt & scooping in the water!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldieLocks View Post
    I as well as other are not here to e belittled, picked at, toyed with or have their thread topics hijacked. I am embarrassed for new comers also experiencing this as of late.
    I am so sorry you are seeing that. Hijacking threads does happen, as seems to be each of us have something to say = "Somebody" see me please - kinda thing. That's why threads get hijacked. Everybody needs to be somebody sometime - just life, and we expect that. I've hijacked quite a few threads myself because it brought out something I needed to say about my own personal experiences.

Probably got one of your's too along the way, and for that I do apologize.

Please be at peace with that and accept what may come, as there is always tomorrow and another thread. Me - Sometimes I'm driven to comment something = kinda like standing up and waving our arms for someone to just justify our personal existence.

In my case when I've interjected, it was NEVER a point of interjection. Just me blabbing my mouth and experience.

My friend, we just be human. It's likely I'll do it again in my generations in front of me on TNet...

Sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut
    Republic of Vietnam 10/69 - 3/71, Cambodia April 27, 1970 on a mountain top with HUGE scorpions

"'He jests at scars who never felt a wound'" c.s.lewis - 1940

The Ten Commandments: http://www.godstenlaws.com/ten-comma.../#.UdAz65yynZg

The Bill of Rights: http://billofrightsinstitute.org/fou...ill-of-rights/

The Constitution: http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/cha...ranscript.html

Oct 2020
    Central Jersey THE CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE
    AT PRO, EQUINOX 600
    123 times
    Last edited by NJearthman; Apr 09, 2021 at 03:26 PM.

us
    Rock hunter

May 2020
    East texas
    1858 times
    I was just sitting in my recliner eating the last 5 boiled eggs from Easter and admiring my charcoal meteor purposely shaped like a bear from a galaxy far away. I inadvertantly let a little air slip past the ol spinkter. My wife said I should mind my manners. It reminded me of this thread for some reason.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links