Do you trust your neighbor to own a sword?

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
EQ800 (Stock Coil), Nokta Legend (LG30/LG24)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rob thanks for making me look less intelligent and reiterating my point in a more intelligent manner.

No sir, surely no intent to make you or anyone look bad. Simply trying to dump what I've seen and my own pet peeves. We are all in one way or another trying and hoping for better I think. This is not a left or a right wing thing. This is all of us, and we all have more in common than we think or can imagine. We all want our own sense of peace. If everybody would just start seeing that- not a party or a color.
Everyone here that has taken the time to type, maybe even so in anger or frustration FEELS the problems. We just try to grab onto what we can. And sometimes it is easier for us to see each other's faults. We should instead help each other through those weaknesses. My weakness is someone else's strength and vice-versa. No intent here to make anyone mad or make them seem lesser. I'm surely not better than anyone else here. Just a person trying to make it in this world.

I could care less about politics, but I do care when good people are turned against other good people. The bad will continue to grow while the good fight amongst themselves. We have to put our differences aside long enough to instill some good in this world in some way. Not in politicians, celebrities, or other nonsense. This country was built on men and women working together.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tesorodeoro:

The best approach would make things better for everyone.

Like others here, you post about "regulate" and "control." Why do you limit potential solutions to such a narrow range of options?

Deranged people are part of the problem - but certainly not all of it.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Certainly if you read this thread (what I’ve posted) you realize it was a rhetorical question on my part.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Deranged mentally ill people ARE the perpetrator of these crimes. Be it due to societal impacts, drug addiction, drug treatment, or grooming.

You can’t go shoot up a school, workplace, gathering without being deranged? Right?

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sir, surely no intent to make you or anyone look bad. Simply trying to dump what I've seen and my own pet peeves. We are all in one way or another trying and hoping for better I think. This is not a left or a right wing thing. This is all of us, and we all have more in common than we think or can imagine. We all want our own sense of peace. If everybody would just start seeing that- not a party or a color.
Everyone here that has taken the time to type, maybe even so in anger or frustration FEELS the problems. We just try to grab onto what we can. And sometimes it is easier for us to see each other's faults. We should instead help each other through those weaknesses. My weakness is someone else's strength and vice-versa. No intent here to make anyone mad or make them seem lesser. I'm surely not better than anyone else here. Just a person trying to make it in this world.

I could care less about politics, but I do care when good people are turned against other good people. The bad will continue to grow while the good fight amongst themselves. We have to put our differences aside long enough to instill some good in this world in some way. Not in politicians, celebrities, or other nonsense. This country was built on men and women working together.

My comment was intended to be a compliment, not a complaint. Well thought out contributions.

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Suggestion.. Old Bookaroo looks up some treasure maps in old books and all of us go metal detecting. Surely we can can make a better show than "Oak Fake Island". hahaha
See that is what I am talking about. We just have to grab onto good things, good moments. Don't give the bad anymore time or thought.

And me being real blunt here, I don't want to give up my right to protect myself. I don't want to see hoodlums thriving anymore, liars and thieves getting ahead while hard working people get further in the hole. I'm sick of politicians lying to us all. Sick of the media, sick of a lot of things. But I can't change those things.
I can change how I treat others though and try my best to appreciate their life as much as my own, if they let me.
If I see a kid fall off a bike and no one will help them I will help(I did that). An elderly person that has fallen, and others just stare but I will help them up( that has happened twice and twice I helped). Someone can't reach something and they are elderly or disabled.. just little things.
That's the best I can do. But it's a start!

RobNC

Jan 5, 2019
NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Deranged mentally ill people ARE the perpetrator of these crimes. Be it due to societal impacts, drug addiction, drug treatment, or grooming.

You can’t go shoot up a school, workplace, gathering without being deranged? Right?

They are so out of touch with reality we can't comprehend it.

OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are so out of touch with reality we can't comprehend it.

Heh...

Define "mental illness".

Were all the Nazis mentally ill? Nah, most of them were "just following orders". Just ordinary people those Nazis, really not much different than you or I. But someone told somebody - "Stuff another Jew in the oven!", so somebody did. Just following orders.

Stuffing Jews in the oven was the best idea of the experts of that time. You can't really trust experts.

Last edited:

Georgivs

May 16, 2018
Athens Georgia
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think open carry can be a tactic for intimidation. I've had angry customers who would rest their hand on their piece while shouting at workers, which does not scream responsible gun owner to me. My feeling is that concealed carry is the best policy. Open carry makes you a target for a variety of reasons and kinda shouts small pee pee energy to me.

Tesorodeoro

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think open carry can be a tactic for intimidation. I've had angry customers who would rest their hand on their piece while shouting at workers, which does not scream responsible gun owner to me. My feeling is that concealed carry is the best policy. Open carry makes you a target for a variety of reasons and kinda shouts small pee pee energy to me.

I’m intimidated when cops do that to me. Even if they are not shouting.

One thing I do know...resting a hand on the butt of a holstered sidearm is something they do without thinking. I think it’s a comforting habit.

I’m a bit intimidated when someone is packing a big blade and I’ve only got a small pocket knife. I get over it.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been detecting since 1975 age 12
my digging tool of choice has always been a large knife - i think in all my yrs ...police have only stopped
me once - most of my large knives are over 6 in long
in woods and farm fields - even longer
if anyone shaddy or threatening has approached me...all i do is slowly turn it to them (i carry in my left hand
with blade on inside of my forearm to somewhat conceil)(i kneel down and stick in ground to cut a nice plug - so try not to flash it in public) As for swords...Love them

Last edited:

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heh...

Define "mental illness".

Were all the Nazis mentally ill? Nah, most of them were "just following orders". Just ordinary people those Nazis, really not much different than you or I. But someone told somebody - "Stuff another Jew in the oven!", so somebody did. Just following orders.

Stuffing Jews in the oven was the best idea of the experts of that time. You can't really trust experts.

The red flag laws are crazy dangerous if poorly and broadly defined. Surely some one viewed by our leadership as ,"deplorable" ," derranged", or "irredeemable " should never be a allowed to own a gun?

Last edited:

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
Santa Marta de Magdalena,Colombia
Duckshot:

A "gun-free zone?" Like the NRA National Convention, the Republican National Convention, and many Trump hotels?

I very much doubt anyone could have stood on the ground and shot up 30 stories to nail the killer. That would be a rare accomplishment by an expert sniper with an elephant gun.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Really.News break "Thousands of gunshots heard at Gathering"...hahaha.Like throwing a Ping Pong Ball in to a Room full of loaded Mousetraps.hahaha....

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
I have been detecting since 1975 age 12
my digging tool of choice has always been a large knife - i think in all my yrs ...police have only stopped
me once - most of my large knives are over 6 in long
in woods and farm fields - even longer
if anyone shaddy or threatening has approached me...all i do is slowly turn it to them (i carry in my left hand
with blade on inside of my forearm to somewhat conceil)(i kneel down and stick in ground to cut a nice plug - so try not to flash it in public) As for swords...Love them

High School Graduation Photos?...

stoneshirt

May 3, 2003
I’m intimidated when cops do that to me. Even if they are not shouting.

One thing I do know...resting a hand on the butt of a holstered sidearm is something they do without thinking. I think it’s a comforting habit.

I’m a bit intimidated when someone is packing a big blade and I’ve only got a small pocket knife. I get over it.

Knife envy is not healthy."It's not the size,it's how you use it"

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
High School Graduation Photos?...

My medival wedding
created another knight outfit
calvary outfit for cousins Halloween wedding
pirate outfit i threw togehter for maritme museum halloween party where i had water finds on display

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Georgivs:

Look up the history of open carry in California some time. Huey Newton researched the law - then the Black Panthers went from Oakland to Sacramento with rifles and shotguns.

It didn't take the Reagan Administration long to change the law.

Some people have suggested the most rapid path to "gun control" is for Black citizens to start forming "militias."

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread