Do you trust your neighbor to own a sword?

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
DeepseekerADS:

Thank you very much for your kind words! I went through a major health issue a few years ago and it bent my sabre a bit.
I'm back and kicking - just not quite as high.
It's a pleasure to be back in touch with you!
Good luck to all,
The Old Bookaroo

You'll always be welcome up here in my sanctuary. Most people never find the peace and sanctuary I have. Got an empty house if you ever wish to disappear :)

Good luck old friend = me = Roger Bryon Turner.

Be what it be.

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I have a problem with my neighbor. He seems like a nice guy. Good job, nice family, etc but I suspect he is planning a mass killing. He has a huge barn/shop and he has been amassing weapons of mass death for years. I got a peak inside and couldn't believe the way he had such instuments if death crammed in there. All proven to kill and maim people. So far he hasn't harmed anyone that I know of with them but he did obliterate three deer and a cow!

Ever since I saw what was in there I can barely sleep at night. Knowing thousands of people have been killed by these exact weapons and they are right down the road and often unattended!!!! This week he brought another one home! A brand new Charger! You know how many folks those have killed? Right behind the Mustang and Camero! He already has those in the shop!

I just don't trust him to have those aweful things . What should I do???

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok I have a problem with my neighbor. He seems like a nice guy. Good job, nice family, etc but I suspect he is planning a mass killing. He has a huge barn/shop and he has been amassing weapons of mass death for years. I got a peak inside and couldn't believe the way he had such instuments if death crammed in there. All proven to kill and maim people. So far he hasn't harmed anyone that I know of with them but he did obliterate three deer and a cow!

Ever since I saw what was in there I can barely sleep at night. Knowing thousands of people have been killed by these exact weapons and they are right down the road and often unattended!!!! This week he brought another one home! A brand new Charger! You know how many folks those have killed? Right behind the Mustang and Camero! He already has those in the shop!

I just don't trust him to have those aweful things . What should I do???

Limit the amount of gas he can put in the tank or remove the distributors right now. :laughing7:

Xraywolf

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2005
MI USA
Detector(s) used
Ace 400, AT Pro, equinox 800, Simplex,Vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I always have something handy, at least a switchblade that were recently made legal to carry after a decades long prohibition.
I am always half subliminally observing my surroundings, including other guys with weapons both visible and suspected.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Garscale:

You bring up an interesting point.

People correctly perceived too many folks were being killed in cars. Now we have seatbelts and almost everyone uses them. We have a Federal maximum speed limit. First we had airbags - then all-around airbags. Much better brakes. The newest cars have cameras, vehicle- and pedestrian-detection systems, they even let you know if you're about to get out of your lane. Before that, car makers added turn signals and windshield wipers.

A combination of law enforcement and public education has dramatically reduced the number of DUI deaths. "The number of DUI-related accidents decreased from 275,000 in 2003 to 17,941 in 2006." That's quite an improvement in my book.

Distracted driving remains a serious issue. That's being addressed, as well. Again, with a combination of law enforcement and public education.

First we saw there was a serious problem. Then we did something about it.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garscale:

You bring up an interesting point.

People correctly perceived too many folks were being killed in cars. Now we have seatbelts and almost everyone uses them. We have a Federal maximum speed limit. First we had airbags - then all-around airbags. Much better brakes. The newest cars have cameras, vehicle- and pedestrian-detection systems, they even let you know if you're about to get out of your lane. Before that, car makers added turn signals and windshield wipers.

A combination of law enforcement and public education has dramatically reduced the number of DUI deaths. "The number of DUI-related accidents decreased from 275,000 in 2003 to 17,941 in 2006." That's quite an improvement in my book.

Distracted driving remains a serious issue. That's being addressed, as well. Again, with a combination of law enforcement and public education.

First we saw there was a serious problem. Then we did something about it.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

So you think we should further adress car violence? Maybe there should be far less cars on the street. We could ban them. We should start with the high capacity killers though. Airplane violence is out of control. There are relatively few incidents but they create mass casualties. Then busses! Holy crap! They are indiscriminate killers. Little old ladies crossing the street..Bam!. They run off cliffs and kill dozens. They have even been known to kill children on the way to school. We better pass some bus violence laws right now.

Dont even get me started on those murderous trains. As far as cars go.. you just cant trust your neighbor to have one.

Last edited:

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hmm lets see... Do i trust my neighbor to own a sword ?

Yes... Until...

they ever step onto my property with said sword...

Then...

All "trust" is moot.

Ohiogoldfever

Oct 15, 2020
Dayton Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Shocking the opinions people have on being armed. Sword, gun or knife.... whatever. Human beings are a damn mess. If you pass 100 people walking down the street it’s damn fair bet at least a couple will be a threat to you or others. Violence and evil doings are as human as a mother loving her child. Some people are just bad, wired wrong, violent or just don’t hold any value for other peoples lives.

If the man with the gun isn’t a nutter than your lucky to have him around. Many have seen the worst in people and don’t plan to be anyone’s victim. Chances are he’ll save your pansy ass if something goes down. Or you could wait for the police of government to come clean up the bodies.

Grown men and women form an idea of the world around them by watching the news, knowing full and well that trash is lying to you. The best part is they will watch and learn of all the dangerous people around then think to themselves “guns are the problem”.... It’s a damn shame. Learn to protect yourself and your family. The point that someone forces their way into your house or attacks you in a parking lot it’s already to late.

OP
OP
D

Duckshot

Silver Member
Sep 8, 2014
trapped on the earthly plane of causation
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So you think we should further adress car violence? Maybe there should be far less cars on the street. We could ban them. We should start with the high capacity killers though. Airplane violence is out of control. There are relatively few incidents but they create mass casualties. Then busses! Holy crap! They are indiscriminate killers. Little old ladies crossing the street..Bam!. They run off cliffs and kill dozens. They have even been known to kill children on the way to school. We better pass some bus violence laws right now.

Dont even get me started on those murderous trains. As far as cars go.. you just cant trust your neighbor to have one.

It's those d@mn semiautomatic transmissions that allow even the drunkest of drivers to get out of the parking lot. Ban automatic transmissions, it's for the children.

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Garscale:

You managed to completely miss the point - reading something into the post that simply isn't there along the way.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

PS: FYI - The experts are addressing "murderous trains." When's the last time you saw an unmarked train crossing? Westinghouse invested the brakes - no more brakemen clambering along the top of a boxcar to spin the wheel. There's a "dead man's pedal" in the cab. New technology is making it almost impossible to have a collision. Progress.

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Garscale:

You managed to completely miss the point - reading something into the post that simply isn't there along the way.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

PS: FYI - The experts are addressing "murderous trains." When's the last time you saw an unmarked train crossing? Westinghouse invested the brakes - no more brakemen clambering along the top of a boxcar to spin the wheel. There's a "dead man's pedal" in the cab. New technology is making it almost impossible to have a collision. Progress.

Oh those trains! They are bad news... my poor ol Granny had 12 hens. They were minding their own business just pecking up a little gravel for the ol gizzard. Along comes a train. And toot toot chicken soup. No more yard eggs for me and Granny. Train violence. If they cant kill you they will take your chickens and starve Granny out. Violent, violent machines.

Oh... as far as the signs on the crossing... you can teach a turkey to read but not a chicken.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
What the heck?

Aren't we on here talking to old friends?

Book, glad to have you back = You been gone too long my friend.
Good Lord = it has been years now.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duckshot:

A "gun-free zone?" Like the NRA National Convention, the Republican National Convention, and many Trump hotels?

I very much doubt anyone could have stood on the ground and shot up 30 stories to nail the killer. That would be a rare accomplishment by an expert sniper with an elephant gun.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Pretty much irrelevant..... There are no "buts", "except for", "other than", or "not including" in the wording of our 2nd amendment. I have never even once been concerned about a mass shooting, I have been concerned many times about being assaulted and in fact have been several times in the past, even pulling my firearm once to end it.

Last week while at the gym an employee dropped an 8 foot florescent light bulb while trying to install it 15 feet in the air, I didn't know he was installing it, it made a loud bang like a gun shot when it hit the floor, I had my hand on my firearm in a second thinking it was a gun shot, didn't pull it, but my hand was on it under my shirt as I surveyed the room where the sound came from, when I saw what happen I laughed.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
It's those d@mn semiautomatic transmissions that allow even the drunkest of drivers to get out of the parking lot. Ban automatic transmissions, it's for the children.

Book, all I ever wanted was to just be left alone.

There are things I could show you if you ever came up this holler
Come on up P)

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Mom, how many tours did you do in Vietnam?

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
Treasure Hunter:

I didn't bring up the concept of a "gun-free zone." I simply pointed out it doesn't really mean much.

There is a first half to the 2nd Amendment. I quoted a bit from the Second Militia Act of 1794 - which explains in detail what "well-regulated" means.

Yes, I'm fully aware of Heller, and I recommend a very careful reading of that remarkably poor decision. Originalism As Faith exposes the utter bankruptcy of that judicial "philosophy" as practiced in the real world.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

Old Bookaroo

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
DeepseekerADS:

I haven't been back east to Virginia in many, many years. However, if I make the trek east again, I will be sure to look you up (with plenty of advance warning, of course).

I'm all for being left alone - nothing wrong with wanting that, and certainly nothing wrong with doing that.

Good luck to all,

The Old Bookaroo

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don’t worry about swords but I expect my neighbor of 16 years has an arsenal. He is a Minneapolis police officer with the apparent requisite personality. He parks in front of my house every day I guess because he doesn’t want people to know where he lives. Last year I was having yard work done and asked if just for that one day he could park elsewhere and he refused. First time in 16 years I have ever asked him and he refused. Great guy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread