Potential Bottle Dig

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So here is the thing. My 85 year old father helped empty an old pharmacy/ drs office when he was 9 years old. The old dr died around 1915 and his old office sat just like it was till one of my great great uncles bought it and decided to open a store in the building.

My dad who was 9 at the time helped empty all the old medications and equipment into an old shallow well. He said they put crates and crates of full bottles Into the well and filled it almost to the surface.

I have located the exact well curb. I can locate the landowner but have not spoken to him yet.

Question is would this be worth the effort? I know very little about bottles. He also remembers several glass jugs of 5 gallons or so.

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Without a question as far as I'm concerned. If I had access to that property I'd be digging those bottles out of that well. Just use safety precautions, and tie yourself off with a rope to a tree, or even your car or truck. You don't want to fall in and not have a way out. Sounds like you will find a lot of nice old pharmacy bottles in there. Good luck if you decide to do it.

Tpmetal

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2017
Western ny
Detector(s) used
equinox 800, Whites mx sport, Garrot carrot, bounty hunter time ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only one way to find out!

OP
OP
Garscale

Garscale

Bronze Member
May 4, 2020
East texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What an opportunity... I'd dig it!
I will have to work out permission but I think that's doable. I have no idea of bottle value but I'm sure someone here would help with that.

Last edited:

TooManyHobbies

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2007
CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,
DetectorPro HH Underwater
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just hope he didn't smash every one of them to make them fit. Good luck, stay safe.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd say you would be amazed at bottle values in today's market.

I have 4 Clorox bottles from the WWII era. Looked em up on a bottle forum (yes there is one - not Tnet) and they sell for about $25 each.

HunterMF

Feb 17, 2016
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would definitely dig it! I’m on my way from Maryland with shovels! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread