Are the free masonry descendants or extension of the knights Templar

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Many stories many opinions, I’ve tried to educate myself, regardless of the secrecy it’s important to note these where individuals that had a strong belief and purpose that carries on today to some degree. Appreciate your honesty from members and nonmembers, brotherhood really does mean something a bond which most don’t understand, thankyou

Knight Templar If They Stand Behind You Give Them Protection If They Stand Beside You Give Them Respect If They Stand Against You Show No Mercy

ole miss rebel

Feb 22, 2013
North Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have read a bit about the Knights Templar, they became very wealthy and King Philip wanted their wealth. Bad King. Forced Pope Clement to go along with his trumped up charges on the Knights. I think after they were disbanded, then became the mystery of where did they go? It was easy to disappear & go underground back then, eh. But not all of their wealth was confiscated, deals were made with ? to keep it anonymously. Also, back then, it was easy for people to change their name. Who knows, they may be the descendants that started the "Federal Reserve" banking system?

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
What secrecy? The masons recruiting logo is. 2B1ASK1
“To be one, ask one”.

chub

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2017
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Minelab Soveriegn XS 2
Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are the younger generation getting involved these days? It used to be called *Lodge in Australia. Interesting to see what the future holds.

chub

GoldieLocks

Bronze Member
Dec 28, 2019
Nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their descendants are everywhere, but they are not what the original order seemed to be at all. So everyone just makes things up randomly about them now.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what are the facts we no about, are they just a club of men or are they influence and powerful in some fashion. They say a brotherhood like no other, there families first yours is second orderly fashion. Look what’s the totality of the masons mean in today’s world, there significance

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
There significance?
They’re main goal is spreading the word of God. Eternal life as taught in the Bible.
One of the greatest services and speeches they preform is at a funeral. I have heard it many times. If there could be a favorite part thing about a funeral, hearing what is said and taking it to heart is just that.
Ever hear of Shriners? Shriners hospital? They are part of the club.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The original concept of Masonry and the degrees conferred in regular Masonic Lodges required only a belief in a ‘supreme being’, regardless of religious persuasion. The Knights Templar in a Masonic sense (properly called ‘The United Religious, Military and Masonic Orders of the Temple and of St John of Jerusalem, Palestine, Rhodes and Malta) is one of several subsequent fraternal orders affiliated with Freemasonry for which membership is open only to those with Christian beliefs..

The word “United” in the full title indicates that more than one historical tradition and more than one actual order are jointly controlled within the system: principally the Knights of the Temple (Knights Templar), the Knights of Malta, the Knights of St Paul, and the Knights of the Red Cross (the latter only within the ‘York Rite’ of Masonry).

Although the Masonic order of Knights Templar derives its name from the mediaeval Catholic military order Knights Templar, it makes no claim for any direct lineal descent from the original Templar order. The earliest documented link between the two organisations comes from Chevalier Ramsay in 1737, with the (unsubstantiated) claim that European Freemasonry came about from an interaction between crusader Masons and the Knights Hospitaller.

Baron Karl Gotthelf of Germany was admitted to the Masonic brotherhood in 1741 and began promoting the idea of a line of descent from the Templars to the Freemasons. He introduced the ‘Scottish Rite’ to Germany and, in 1751, he instituted the ‘Order of Strict Observance’. Initially the Order consisted only of him and his best mate, using a ritual that he claimed to have received from the reconstituted Templar Order in 1743 in Paris. He also claimed that he had met two of the “unknown superiors” who directed all of Masonry (one of whom was ‘Bonnie Prince Charlie’, the ‘Young Pretender’ of Scotland who had led the failed French-backed rebellion of 1745 with the intention of placing his father on the thrones of both England and Scotland). No evidence for his claims was ever produced, and the Order was wound up shortly after his death in 1776.

The ‘Knights Templar’ name continued within the Masonic brotherhood and, a short while later In 1779, the Lodge Mother Kilwinning in Scotland granted a charter to the High Knights Templar of Ireland Kilwinning Lodge to confer the ‘Knights Templar Degree’. That Irish Lodge then began to grant dispensations to other Lodges through the late 1700s and reached York in England around 1780. Today, depending on geographical jurisdiction, the Knights Templar within Freemasonry exists either as part of the York Rite or as an independent organization.

Red-Coat

Gold Member
Dec 23, 2019
Surrey, UK
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Their descendants are everywhere, but they are not what the original order seemed to be at all. So everyone just makes things up randomly about them now.

I have some sympathy with your assessment! It's more that people misunderstand or misrepresent the degree of historical connection (sometimes deliberately so in their own interests) which is largely via the name only. That, in turn, has led to a great deal of 'mumbo-jumbo' being spouted, reinforced by numerous money-making sensational books on the subject which belong in the 'fiction' section not the 'history' section.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red coat I find that in life, in general the simple truth I can respect good or bad , but what I don’t like is when someone fabricates to benefit themselves, honestly if it makes the individual satisfied ok, but do give all others the opportunity to experience the truth. I live in the real world not fake tv, once we can prove anything different, PROVE, im always listening, I’m always asking questions about this world I live in because knowledge is powerful. And for that I thankyou for your understanding

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Duck, have you sat at the stations? I think your info is off.
I am not a mason. My dad was. It was a different time when I came along and I didn’t pursue it.
I promise it has nothing to do with satin or the ko-ran.
I’ll paraphraise a little of the funeral service as I remember.
Throughout time kings pharaohs leaders of men I’ve tried to search for eternal life I’m telling you there is only one way and that is the Bible my friend.

The secrecy is about being persecuted, if you want to join just ask one. The secret is not a secret at all

They don’t print anything for you to follow and read along, it is all from memory.

Jobs daughters and eastern star are for the females..

Last edited:

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
My dad played the part of worshipful master 3 or 4 times. THE compass and square are symbolism of leading a life of honesty within the rules of nature.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You will have to ponder all the nothingness yourself. I am done trying to change your mind. Everything you post as a link proves my point, in my view. I have made up mine and it’s an easy choice for me to make. Get involved to prove your right or I’m wrong, I’m no scholar about anything but I do know that the Masonic lodge has nothing to do with the evil in this heaven on earth I’m trying to live.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Duckshot and others, again this is NOT the politics forum, please keep posts non political and non religious. Thanks.

Last edited:

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No. Too large a gap between 1309 and 1741 for there to be any commonality. The Masons started up a club and tried to pull ancient rituals into their rites.

I admire the alturistic work of the Shriners sub-sect; but I doubt the Masons hold any great mystical secrets beyond a strong faternal organization that supports other members. Not bad for just that. But not ancient or laudably enlightened.

But I may be wrong as I have no idea what they actually believe or practice. I'm not a "joiner".

Esto Perpetua

Greenie
Feb 8, 2021
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 - Tesoro Bandido II Umax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Red-Coat is pretty correct as far as history goes, but I will admit that I do not have very extensive knowledge of Freemasonry.... as in, I'm not a member myself. However, my Grandfather was a very prominent local member, and while growing up I did experience quite a bit of it, from potluck dinners at the lodge on weekends, things like that. I did go to a few meetings when I was younger, and a very large one where my Grandfather became "the grand poohbah.... as he'd like to say." I didn't really pay much attention to it back then, honestly.

He was a Shriner as well, and had the Fez.... but wasn't on the go-cart team in our local parade. They had thier own special float. Our town is pretty small, and my last name is pretty well-known. Back when I still worked a customer facing job, every now and then I'd get the "oh, you are so-and so-'s grandson... and son of ,,," Yep.

I still don't quite remember all of the details of it, other than 2B1ASK1, and some metal decal things on thier car, or even what Rite? they were.... I do remember he'd told me that there were two. Scottish and York. It didn't really seem like a secret society to me, no magic or funny stuff. Definitely no treasure, unless you like chili cookoffs... which I will admit, are pretty cool now that I've gotten older and learned the ways.

The one thing I do remember though, I once asked him something.... I don't remember the question exactly, but his answer was "we are all brothers, and here to help one another in time of need." That side of my family was deeply religious, I, not so much. Being a Freemason isn't about believing in whatever religion.... only that YOU beieve in a supreme being.

At least, that is my understanding.
Hope this might help to de-mystify some of it. Not much... I know.

Best,
T

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread