SORRY IF THIS IS A DUMB QUESTION BUT I AM NEW

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't be afraid to ask questions. We were all new at this MDing once.
There is a lot of knowledge here and plenty of good advice.
Good luck on your future hunts.

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
Welcome aboard. Glad to have you with us. This is a great site with great people. In my opinion, the only dumb question is the one that you do not ask. Ask away. We were all new at one time.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a dumb question. If you don't know you gotta ask. ;) You'll like this forum. I came here from another where there was constant bickering and downright nastiness. Haven't noticed any of that here. Good luck.

R

robert roy

Hi:
Welcome to the forum.
What kind of detector are you useing?

Robert R

OP
OP
THEBELLI

THEBELLI

Nov 28, 2007
LONG ISLAND NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
CLASSIC ID5 WHITES
IAM WAITING FOR THE FAT GUY IN RED SUIT, HIS ELVES ARE PRESENTLY MAKING ME A WHITES CLASSIC ID 5 FROM KELLYCO . CANT WAIT TO GET STARTED BUT WITH MY LUCK I WONT SEE BROWN DIRT UNTILL APRIL

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Simplest explanation is when two different metals are sandwiched together- "Clad"

By the way, typing in all capital letters is considered like shouting online. ;)

greentreasurefish

Dec 1, 2007
Franklin, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Hello from another newby! Good question, I am new too and even though I have collected coins for years I did not realize that either until I started looking into this hobby or addiction. Everyone on this site has been great! Seems to be a good bunch of people. Good luck hunting and let us know what you find. ;D

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
New Yorker huh well welcome aboard buddy, I'm from the western end of the Great sate of NY. You I take it are in the long island area ? I need more info to be of help to you, like how experienced at MDing are you ? If not very then I would say start in your own yard and really spend allot of time learning all about your machine. You'll find a huge wealth of info here. If you have some but not alot of experience then I'd say hit the parks and schools first. More experienced then start researching local towns for older buildings especially commercial ones they are more likely to grant permission than private. Also might wanna start considering beaches they are most productive during the winter simply because of the ability to hunt unobstructed. PM me if you want more help or info bro HH

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
THEBELLI said:
WHAT IS A CLAD OBJECT, I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST METAL OBJECTS BUT I HEAR CASH IS CLAD OR JEWELERY IS CLAD IAM SO CONFUSED PLEASE IF ANYONE IS FROM NY OR LONG ISLAND I WOULD LIKE SOME INFO ON PLACES TO GO FOR RELICS OR OTHER TREASURES
I ask so called dumb questions all the time its the best way to learn

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread