Life in old detectors

Diggerbarns

Oct 30, 2007
I dont think I would sink a ton of money in an old detector.BUT if it were say an older whites coinmaster that had a bad switch or something small then,yea sure.

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
plehbah said:
You could change the electronics into a red eyed bat, and swap out the coil for a HAMBURGER!
do you think this would work

gmstreet

Jul 29, 2007
Elkins, West Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What would it take / or would it be possible to build a 4' x 4' coil slap some wheels on it, and using the old detectors control box, make a pull behind detector for an atv.

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
strike it rich,

The answer to your question depends on a lot of things. What is the brand name and model of the detector? Do you like the detector? Will it suit your future needs? Do you like to have a one of a kind or special detector? You may have noticed that I'm not telling you what I would do. What really matters is who YOU are and what rings your bell. Joe

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
JOE(USA) said:
strike it rich,

The answer to your question depends on a lot of things. What is the brand name and model of the detector? Do you like the detector? Will it suit your future needs? Do you like to have a one of a kind or special detector? You may have noticed that I'm not telling you what I would do. What really matters is who YOU are and what rings your bell. Joe
I know I ask a lot of questions but what I want is to learn off you guys/gals after all imitation is the most sincere form of flattery

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
strike it rich,

O.K., let's hear from you on those questions I asked. Joe

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
JOE(USA) said:
strike it rich,

O.K., let's hear from you on those questions I asked. Joe
At this moment using a 1976 viking v tr model depth maxium about 6inchs good iron rejection. Upgrading to a minelab sov gt 15 inch wot early next year. Have been told this model good for wet/dry sand and hot rock rejection and should expect as good depth might be as good as a pi machine but to hip mount it.

Having used several chinese cr@ppers the time has come to upgrade.

R

robert roy

I suppose it depends on how old the detector is. I have read reports about the old Tesoro Silver Saber
as being an excellent machine. The newer Silver Sabers are supposed to be basically the same thing with a bit of tweaking in the circuits.
Robert Roy

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
strike it rich,

O.K. now a bit of advise: If your inclined to fix up a vintage detector it should be one of the classics. A few of the detectors made 25 years ago will give the new machines today a run for the money.But the key is you have to research and find out what those detectors are and if they suit your style of hunting. DO NOT REHAB A CHINESE PIECE OF JUNK ! ! Just my take on it. Joe

Steve_UK

Dec 5, 2007
Midlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
plehbah said:
You could change the electronics into a red eyed bat, and swap out the coil for a HAMBURGER!

Based on your brilliant idea, I have created the preliminary design for the BatBurger MK1, which I am convinced will go down as a legend in it's own lunchtime.

I am sure fellow forum members will wish to invest in this technological triumph, and my accountants, Fleecem & Scarper Ltd. have set up an account to cater for this. For more info and payment details, please surf to www.anothersuckerwithcash.co.uk ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• bbbat.jpg
    bbbat.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 183
OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Steve_UK said:
plehbah said:

Based on your brilliant idea, I have created the preliminary design for the BatBurger MK1, which I am convinced will go down as a legend in it's own lunchtime.

I am sure fellow forum members will wish to invest in this technological triumph, and my accountants, Fleecem & Scarper Ltd. have set up an account to cater for this. For more info and payment details, please surf to www.anothersuckerwithcash.co.uk ;D ;D ;D
thats one sweet metal detector

Steve_UK

Dec 5, 2007
Midlands
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
I'd send you one on a trial basis, Syko... but I'm having technical hitch.

Each one I've despatched so far, the owners have opened the box to find a fat dead bat and no sign of the revolutionary coil.

My technical people are working 24/7 to rectify this problem, and I apologise for any inconvenience to those already affected.

;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread