TinyTec Deluxe pinpointer - Anyone have this model? HELP!!!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just received a new TinyTec Deluxe (not Ultra Deluxe) pinpointer that I bought for a guy I work with.
I can not get this thing to vibrate or sound off on any metal. I'm thinking it may be defective?
I turned it on , adjusted the thumbwheel until it stopped sounding, backed it off a hair more (per the instructions), then tried it up to some metal. NOTHING. I tried it pointed downward and sideways, but still nothing.
I hear a slight humming noise too. Is this normal? The red light only pops on once in awhile.
I've tried the battery saved on/off switch in both positions too. HELP!!!
Am I doing something wrong, or is it broke?
Thanks,
MM

SC_hunter

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites XLT,Ace 250 and BH Tracker IV and Others.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
MM...I owned a Tiny Tec for a short period of time..3 days...until I figured out that I couldn't figure out how to tune it. The one I had, you had to open it up and a little plastic screwdriver was inside and you had to tune the pots..2 I think. I never could get it to pic up a coin while touching it...I sent it back and the owner of the company sent me my money back..no questions asked..Good company, not so good a pinpointer..in my opinion.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SC_hunter said:
MM...I owned a Tiny Tec for a short period of time..3 days...until I figured out that I couldn't figure out how to tune it. The one I had, you had to open it up and a little plastic screwdriver was inside and you had to tune the pots..2 I think. I never could get it to pic up a coin while touching it...I sent it back and the owner of the company sent me my money back..no questions asked..Good company, not so good a pinpointer..in my opinion.

Thanks SC. I just got off the phone with the gentleman I bought it from. I'm returning this one too, no questions asked.
I'll tell my buddy to save up a bit more $ and buy a Vibra Probe instead. ;)
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread