Plug "popping".....techniques? tools?

cosmic

Dec 31, 2006
Watseka, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors Core, X pointer, Sunrays
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Plug "popping".....techniques? tools?

Don't need to pry it all the way out just enough to sperate the plug from the dirt grab lift the plug with your hands.. Or what most of us do, buy a better digger!!

OP
OP
D

diggertim

Nov 16, 2007
Catasauqua PA

I've got a Lesche digger but I've recently seen a post that showed one of them breaking too.....

badboy

Jun 28, 2006
pa

I would like to see that broken Lesche tool, mine is the greatest thing I bought to go with the hobby

detectoraddict

Aug 3, 2004
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, F-75

Cut a plug like a V and flip it over. Do this in parks and lawns as long as you leave it attached the grass should grow back. In areas where you don't have to worry I dig a 360 and pop it out. And yes Lesche Diggers do break. What am I using now, nothing better then a Lesche!! That one lasted me about 6 years.

Attachments

• IM001313.jpg
    IM001313.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 230
OP
OP
D

diggertim

Nov 16, 2007
Catasauqua PA

Oh, I love mine.....I just don't want to break. But, I can always buy another one if needed. I just didn't know if there was any tool that was specifically used to pull the plug...

thanks, ALL
diggertim

detectoraddict

Aug 3, 2004
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, DFX, F-75

diggertim said:
Oh, I love mine.....I just don't want to break. But, I can always buy another one if needed. I just didn't know if there was any tool that was specifically used to pull the plug...

thanks, ALL
diggertim

There is a tool called plug popper I think but its pretty expensive. For digging tools, go to www.predatortools.com This is George Lesche's site.

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't cut plugs in city parks. If the target is shallow I use my ice pick probe to find it and kind of scratch it out. If its deep I use my knife to cut an X. Then I pull the sections slightly apart and use my pinpointer and ice pick to retrieve the coin. Step on the cut area and I'm gone hardly leaving any sign I was there.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

This is what I use and it works fantistic!

I have the EZ-Dig-R I and II includes all 3 shown.

ezdigrII.jpg

I got mine off of EBay

badboy

Jun 28, 2006
pa

This is wkat I use and it works fantistic!

I have the EZ-Dig-R I and II includes all 3 shown

Can you give us some info on those tools like a link where to buy them, Whats the ball on the tool used for???

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

If you go to EBay and search EZ-Dig-R II it will come up. I got mine from there. The ball slides and is used as a fulcrum to pry with. The hole it makes is no bigger then what a squirrel would make digging nuts and you can't tell I was there when i am done. I have had no complaints digging in city parks to date with it.

Here is a link for his website. I am NOT affilated with him in any way, just a very happy customer. It works great for recoving targets with little on no visible signs when done.

http://www.ezdigr.com/indexD.html

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X

How is that tool used????? Does it extract a plug or what???? Any info appreciated-actually a short video would be nice ;D ;D ;D

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X

Treasure_Hunter said:
If you go to EBay and search EZ-Dig-R II it will come up. I got mine from there. The ball slides and is used as a fulcrum to pry with. The hole it makes is no bigger then what a squirrel would make digging nuts and you can't tell I was there when i am done. I have had no complaints digging in city parks to date with it.

Here is a link for his website. I am NOT affilated with him in any way, just a very happy customer. It works great for recoving targets with little on no visible signs when done.

http://www.ezdigr.com/indexD.html

Thank you!!

johnnycat

Bronze Member
Aug 19, 2007
Mechanicsville, VA
Detector(s) used
Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Never seen that setup before. I'm on that link, I gotta have one. Can't hurt to try something new. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions