BIG NUGGETS

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I just read a miners notes which are over 100 yrs old . A miner named Walter mentions that the crew of workers found a few nuggets , each nugget being bigger then a beaver am guessing this is over a few months time . My question is where could these nuggets came from ? As far as i know the source has never been found . Just to give you a idea of the area .To the North is a Hard Rock mine a small distance south is a river that runs East to West . More to the South there a mountain approx 1800 meters tall . Then more south there a creek which runs South to West North West in which the nuggets were found . This creek comes from a mountain to the south which is approx 2450 meters tall . The distance from the mine to the nuggets i think is 30 kilometers . Far as a know no big nuggets were ever found in this area . to the south of the creek i heard smaller nuggets were found . Drilling has been done all over the area to a elevation of 1600 meters . Could the vane been overlooked maybe in the creek or did they roll down from above 1600 meters even from the top 2450 meters . Am not a miner but my teacher told me this place has the richest deposit on Earth . Any thoughts would be welcomed . Joke Jeff Williams and slim both know the answer . Yes i know where but i only have a guess from where these beaver came from .

Aug 28, 2021
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe a region or state would help narrow it down; there were some big nuggets found in California and Alaska, even a 17 pounder in North Carolina, so.........

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
My question is where is the vain located ? Does anyone know what area of a mountain most likely where they could of came from am trying to locate what elevation the nearest hard rock mine , main vain was i think below ground to max 3000 feet but am not sure the mine is closed . Remember i know exactly where the nuggets were found .

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
What size really are you referring to?
1 gram or 1000 grams
I have seen nuggets posted up of very recent hunts that are pretty good size, in the 5-11oz size from folks that I have hunted with.
So the big ones are out there still in Alaska/Nevada

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
What would a nugget weight be . bigger then a beaver ..I just looked up what a beaver is a big one in nugget weight my guess is 240 kilo or 528 pounds .. I think some where in the notes one nugget weight was 900 pounds . My teach told me these were the biggest nuggets ever found in the world .

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Another Clue they lost the biggest nugget in the river from there small boat on there way back to civilization

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
I guess i found what i was looking for all the answers are in those 4 pages . Placer gold mining found these copper nuggets . It mentioned this place in the notes . Mineral heaven on earth is what my teacher says the pebble mine is to the West and a hardrock gold mine to the East . Just a mountain of copper no pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

Aug 28, 2021
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mark 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would take a beaver sized copper nugget; I could use it as a doorstop, like they did with that big nugget in NC until it was discovered to be gold. That was the nugget that started the first gold rush in the US.

OP
OP
I

IMF2020

Aug 31, 2020
Maharlika
Detector(s) used
Clone pulse dive
Primary Interest:
Other
Steve a photo showed the copper nugget being used as a doorstop and these nuggets started a gold rush in May creek Alaska what i read it grew fast today its a Ghost town

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread