Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We have to self motivate ourselves on the roughest days whether it?s scorching heat or freezing cold people look at us we don?t seem to care I wants had to move a big pile of dog crap because it was either a Half Dime or a Memorial yes it was a memorial. Rain sleet snow or shine if we get that itch we?re going. And the reason why I bring this up is to realize how crazy I am I had a beautiful signal I knew it was beautiful sign but I had to break through some ref brick ?it was a Bent square nail. Only once the adrenaline wore off I realize that ants were eating me alive and by the look of it they didn?t just start. I?m out of my mind. Oh and I never knew they had yellow jackets underground. Lol

Attachments

• image-2021-09-03-09:20:06-490.jpg
    image-2021-09-03-09:20:06-490.jpg
    950.1 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

SD51

Silver Member
Aug 24, 2016
MI
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Truth, you speak the Truth!!! We are addicted but it is a good thing! Keep posting...

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I don't do ants. I have been getting rid of all my "treasure" of late. There comes a point in life it just becomes stuff. I like the chase, however.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, I don't do ants. I have been getting rid of all my "treasure" of late. There comes a point in life it just becomes stuff. I like the chase, however.

I just do it more and more for mental condition but I?m still in my primo

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ouch!. Looks itchy!!

: Michael-Robert.

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2013
Sovereign America
Detector(s) used
Many
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ahoy.... You just opened up a whole can of worms. Many of us have stories that would make this the LARGEST thread on the website. I'm biting my tongue right now just not to speak........ :-) Or decide which ones to tell.

No time now, maybe later.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Flies are actually the worst for me because I get massively swollen and itchy from a single bite whether it’s a horsefly or just a black fly. A single bite can make me miserable for more than a week. So there I would be detecting in the water when it was 85 degrees with long pants, long sleeves, a netted hat and gloves.

Lenrac2

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2021
Illinois
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Denise-Nokta Legend/Garrett Apex Nox600
Bob-AT Max/ Nox800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Chiggers and fire ants gotta be the worst. Mosquitoes runner up!

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch! I had to clean wasps out of my pump house a few weeks ago...I hate those things!

Attachments

• 6EDB6ACE-E30F-4F82-9C01-B201320CA05F.jpeg
    6EDB6ACE-E30F-4F82-9C01-B201320CA05F.jpeg
    446.2 KB · Views: 41

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
... Truth is your wife named Treasure? Truth and Treasure, what a great pair.
For me a women?s treasure is the most powerful force on planet. Nothing compares.
Standing on an ant hill to reach high enough to pluck a bee hive and than take a selfie with a Yellowstone bison...

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ahoy.... You just opened up a whole can of worms. Many of us have stories that would make this the LARGEST thread on the website. I'm biting my tongue right now just not to speak........ :-) Or decide which ones to tell.

No time now, maybe later.

I?ll be waiting lol

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Flies are actually the worst for me because I get massively swollen and itchy from a single bite whether it?s a horsefly or just a black fly. A single bite can make me miserable for more than a week. So there I would be detecting in the water when it was 85 degrees with long pants, long sleeves, a netted hat and gloves.

Susan down here when you get into the Bayou those horseflies are so big your windshield looks like your murdered somebody

smallfoot

Bronze Member
May 29, 2019
Flawda
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Twice, not once, but twice last week I disturbed yellow jackets underground. Truth, that's where most of them nest down here. The first time I didn't get stung but my dog did. The 2nd time I got hit in the middle of the back and the left eye. I have a pic, not sure I want to post it...

Attachments

• IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    290.7 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A concerted yellow jacket attack can put anyone in the ground, not to be dug up as treasure ever. Now is the worst time of year for them.

OP
OP
Truth

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Twice, not once, but twice last week I disturbed yellow jackets underground. Truth, that's where most of them nest down here. The first time I didn't get stung but my dog did. The 2nd time I got hit in the middle of the back and the left eye. I have a pic, not sure I want to post it...

Holy **** smallfoot you got lite up. I got hit in the left and I swear I was the only town I realize that they go on the ground to. The question is did you keep digging or did you call of the day? LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread