Are Rubber Coil Washers Consumable Items?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've never had any wear out.
I've purchased coils without any included already ,
I may have even lost one already during break-down and cleaning :dontknow:
so it's always a good idea to have an extra set or 2 around

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They can wear down and elongate, making tightening the coil more problematic. And you can lose them. Hardware stores sell rubber washers about the same size so you can get replacements there. That applies to most detectors out there.

OP
OP
M

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Good advice. I went ahead and bought a lot of 10 for 10.99 plus sales tax, no shipping. I will need two new ones when I get a new lower rod for the 10x5, I ordered the lower off Fleabay for $30, free shipping ;-) There were lower rods from a sponsor seller for 30 but shipping was $14.95, OUCH!

Anyway I may very well have most of the other ten washers laying around but I'm bound to do a fresh install on my 3 tenured lowers anyway. Thanks.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am using 1m x 1.2m frame coil for deep seeking and i usually brake at least one in a seasone. I manage to breake smaller coils too. For comercial detectors, i usually brake the coil off the shaft. So i guess the entire coil is a consumable.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am using 1m x 1.2m frame coil for deep seeking and i usually brake at least one in a seasone. I manage to breake smaller coils too. For comercial detectors, i usually brake the coil off the shaft. So i guess the entire coil is a consumable.

Leaning on your coil too much? I used to have a habit of doing that til I kept breaking off coil ears. Now I set the machine on the ground before I dig and don’t pick it up until I am standing.

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Leaning on your coil too much? I used to have a habit of doing that til I kept breaking off coil ears. Now I set the machine on the ground before I dig and don’t pick it up until I am standing.

Either that or hitting something hard. Large frame (or wire cable on it) usually goes when (over)pushing or pulling threw the bushes or debry.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread