2021 Detectival Convention coming this weekend, September 11 & 12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those of you that knew or no , I don?t follow honestly however this is the place where they show and tell, release new equipment concerning metal detecting and related products. As one kind member made me aware of it, thankyou. I?m anxious to see the long touted Notka Makro ? Lightning ? detector. Reason being dilek representative been hyping this machine, the sole purpose is this is the machine that will compete with the minelab equinox 800, interesting. Time will tell, I will give them benefit of doubt.so those of you that maybe considering a minelab 800, hold on until you see this machine. Any comments appreciated, maybe other products announced also. Great looking forward to possibilities that improve our hobby.

mike b

Sep 21, 2012
STATEN ISLAND NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ONLY MINELABS, and now one Detector Pro Underwater.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Where do they have it?

Tahts-a-dats-ago

Apr 30, 2014
NJ
Detector(s) used
Legend,
Anfibio multi,
Apex,
ORX,
Deus,
Vanquish 440
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When was the name (Lightning) revealed?

I've seen nothing (and I have searched) other than conjecture thus far - no word from Nokta-Makro one way or the other.

Last I knew Dilek had said the new machine would be released by year's end, and a name had been chosen but she wasn't going to reveal the name until the new machine was ready for release.

I have seen claims that Dilek is scheduled to do a video interview (I forget the channel) sometime in October, where she will talk a bit more about the new machine.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's in the UK as far as I know. I will not be going. With covid, it may have "local" attendance only, who knows...Anyway The detector is only as good as the operator.

OP
OP
49er12

49er12

Bronze Member
Aug 22, 2013
Rolling Rock, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab xterra, Whites DFX, Notka Makro Simplex. Folks the price don’t mean everything, the question is are you willing to put in the time to learn the machine, experience will pay off I guarantee it.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s in the eastern western treasure magazine online in a ad in short

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread