Who has tried an OKM detector?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Allen78
  • 1 Post By Treasure_Hunter
  • 1 Post By TheGreenBoy
  • 1 Post By Allen78
  • 2 Post By Carl-NC

Thread: Who has tried an OKM detector?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »

Aug 2021
    2 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Who has tried an OKM detector?

So I'm looking for a 3D detector that can find deep targets in a field laden with trash. The Garret with Depth Multiplier cannot find my test target which I configured as best I can to conform to the family legend. So I don't think a conventional detector will do me much good. KellyCo. recommended OKM and I've looked at different models. But before I drop $5k on a detector, I want to make sure I'm getting more than battery powered smoke and mirrors. Has anyone used an evolution or other OKM model?
    sprailroad likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    41639 times
    There are no shortcuts, I recommend you consider something different. Kellyco sales reps are paid to sell you them, they know nothing about them.
    Allen78 likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

USAF Intelligence 1967-1971
    306th Bomb Wing Strategic Air Command
    Lackland AFB, Tx.
    Lowry AFB, Co.
    McCoy AFB, Fl
    Kadena AFB, Okinawa 1968-1969, 1970-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..." No Expiration Date!

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

I exercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

(PER ADMINS AVATARS AND SIGNATURES DO NOT FALL UNDER RULES FOR RELIGION AND POLITICS)

si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
    330 times
    You better chose Nokta Invenio. At least you will get what they advertise, and much less headache than you might get with OKM. Just my oppinion.

Another choice might be a pro PI such as Lorenz Deepmax, or any other pro machine. They will not lie abut performace of machine or scope of 3D software, do not expec miracles, though.

Do you know exactly why you would need such a detector for?
    Last edited by TheGreenBoy; Sep 08, 2021 at 12:02 PM.
    Allen78 likes this.

Aug 2021
    2 times
    Thank you for the reply. I wish underground radar wasn't so expensive, or was a service easily contracted. I've reached out to a few geological organizations and utility companies who use it, but none of them responded.

Aug 2021
    2 times
    @The Green Boy: I will investigate both the Invenio and the Deppmax. According the story that has circulated in my family for 3 generations, we're looking a target of gold coins buried in ceramic "crock" jars. I created a test target filled with coins, jewelry, and other precious metallic objects, but my Garret Treasure Hound with Depth Multiplier cannot pick it up. It hasn't been able to find much more than trash metal strewn across the old home place anyway. So I'm need a detector that can show things at depth, ignore junk metal--or at least allow me to discount any shallow targets as trash, and at least find my test target.
    SD51 likes this.

us
    Mar 2003
    Oregon & Texas
    Custom Designs and Prototypes
    1155 times
    I was not impressed with the Garrett 2-box setup. For a 2-box, the TM-808 was a better choice.

Any idea on quantity of coins or depth? Coin caches are difficult, I once buried 220 silver quarters (3 lbs) exactly 24" deep. No detector I tried could find them, and I tried a lot. But that was 12+ yrs ago.
    Treasure_Hunter and SD51 like this.
    I believe it, therefore it is true.

Sponsored Links