New,From Oregon

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Oregon, Willamette Valley(left side).
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1
Hello to all! I read the Oregon posts and had to join. ;D
I go by Stoneseeker, coz that's what I've done all my life. Ya can't take me anywhere that I 'm not rock huntin! I live in Dallas,Ore.
I thought I'd add a couple things.........
My Ex used to talk about a logging camp(huge) that was up the Trask River , around Tohl Road. Guess it would be a great place for bottle hunters. Always said we'd go but life happens..... We split and he passed the next month. So.... that's one thing.
The next is the old fisherman tales. My Dad was a Commercial fisherman for a while, he new the old man, who swore there was Gold in the Wilson River.

I still go to the Beach, My fave is Cape Mears Beach, lots of Agates, shark teeth(found a couple), Jaspers and yes.even Glass Balls.(my son found human remains once). :o
Remember Summer...stuff washes down the coast, Winter it washes up the coast.

Jan,25,2003, walking the beach,I found my First, A Rolling Pin!!!! 45 min later Rick(my ex) found a little Glass Ball.
He was born and raised in Tillamook, I lived in Garibaldi for 13 yrs, That was a first for us both.
Anyway, wanted to say hello, share what I had heard.
I own a Whites PRL1.
Anybody close, to hunt with???
Stoneseeker

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Re: New

Welcome to the forum Stoneseeker......lots of nice folks here from Oregon. Looking forward to your finds.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm alway's keeping my eye's to the ground stoneseeker,doesn't matter what it is,love it all....Best of Luck from the Mid-Atlantic,sound's like you got everything going on.Welcome and HH!!

999slvrfx

Nov 10, 2007
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250/sunray probe,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to Treasure Net.
Good luck on all your finds!!

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
We took a bunch of people out to Netarts a few years ago, found a bunch of junk, some clad, a lot of nice agates, and one little gal about 9 found the prize for the day- a real glass float! Not the ones they plant, either.

There are a few folks from your neck of the woods on here. I'm down in Eugene.

Glad to see another Oregonian join up- welcome to the forum! :)

(When its not Christmas time, I go by "Jeffro")

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Welcome Stoneseeker! So good to see another Oregonian in the t-net family! I live over in Central Oregon in Redmond but spent a great deal of time on the coast when I was growing up and remember us finding glass floats too. My dad was a wreckdiver so we were always around the ocean! Wish I knew where all the goodies we found growing up went to! I would even like to have that blasted petrified log we hauled everywhere we went including Alaska! lol Anyway, welcome to the t-net family and hope to see lots more of ya!

R

robert roy

Nice to have you aboard. What kind of metal detector are you useing?

Robert R

OP
OP
stoneseeker2003

stoneseeker2003

Dec 7, 2007
Oregon, Willamette Valley(left side).
Detector(s) used
Whites PRL1
;)Lol, I go to the beach to hunt Rocks and Driftwood. Only enough hands to carry my Goodie bag, chock full of rocks and wood.
I was chatting at work with GF's and one pops up with,"hey ya know **** park, my friend lost a nice ring there couple of years ago".
Ok, now I gotta go!!! Swapped hrs with a friend so I'll get off when it's still light out side on Tuesday. Promise to post anything of value, if I get lucky!
Mags

First I gotta get lucky and find that bag with the batteries in it, that Tigger bought for me. ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread