What do you do with your Whites V3i ?
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Tbone1
  • 1 Post By TheGreenBoy
  • 1 Post By smokeythecat
  • 1 Post By McKinney_5900

Thread: What do you do with your Whites V3i ?

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
  1. #1
    Charter Member

    Jul 2013
    22
    29 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

    What do you do with your Whites V3i ?

    So my other White detectors are pretty easy to let go of without remorse or dwelling on whether I lost money or not.

    My timing of being out of the hobby for a couple years or more kinda had me flat footed when I came back to find Whites gone.
    Should of sold it as soon as I bought the Nox 800 but we?ve all heard of shoulda coulda woulda.

    The only detector I ever bought new was the V3i and I bought the wireless headphones with it and have I think 5 coils with rods attached.
    And I never use it now that I have the Nox.

    This is not a sales pitch by the way.
    I don?t know what I?m doing yet.

    A back up maybe?
    Yeah but seems kinda silly.
    I?d rather buy another Nox for a back up so I didn?t have to learn all over maneuvering through that menu.

    Anyway? I?m just venting I guess.
    I?m not angry or bitter.
    I live with my decisions.
    But what the hell am I going to do with this thing?
    THing4CSA likes this.

  2. #2
    si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
    305
    325 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Keep it. It is a good machine after all. Unless you need money, it is good to have one in reserve.
    3cylbill likes this.

  3. #3
    Charter Member
    us
    Aug 2013
    Southern California
    Equinox / XP Deus
    9,203
    10560 times
    Sell it and buy the Equinox 600 for back up.


    You just have to make sure your skin is thicker than your coat.

  4. #4
    Charter Member
    us
    Nov 2012
    Maryland
    XP Deus, Tesoro Cibola, Full sized shovel
    19,606
    37312 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Banner Finds (9)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I would keep it as a backup. They are good machines, there are places that will repair them for years to come if it ever breaks.
    3cylbill likes this.

  5. #5
    Charter Member

    Jul 2013
    22
    29 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyGold View Post
    Sell it and buy the Equinox 600 for back up.
    If I did that I’d get another 800

  6. #6
    Charter Member

    Jul 2013
    22
    29 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeythecat View Post
    I would keep it as a backup. They are good machines, there are places that will repair them for years to come if it ever breaks.
    So there would be more options for repair than Garret?
    I always enjoyed using it and I did get half ass good with it.
    Probably will just hang on to it and take it more often to stay tuned in to it

  7. #7
    us
    Jul 2010
    861
    505 times
    Do you feel that you mastered the V3i?

  8. #8
    Charter Member

    Jul 2013
    22
    29 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by McKinney_5900 View Post
    Do you feel that you mastered the V3i?
    Hell no!
    Which is a great reason for keeping it and using it!
    Not that I think I’d ever have the arrogance to think I mastered it I could certainly get better!

  9. #9
    us
    Jul 2010
    861
    505 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbone1 View Post
    Hell no!
    Which is a great reason for keeping it and using it!
    Not that I think I’d ever have the arrogance to think I mastered it I could certainly get better!
    I bought the V3i as my first "paid for" detector, in 2010, and used only the V3i, for 5 years. I have had specific situations where the V3i was uniquely suited, but not so much after getting into the FBS. Etrac and Explorer, with their Smartfind displays. I've gotten more respect for the V3i with its polar display feature. The depth with the V3i is great also, but I'll likely not carry it as a primary machine except under specific hunts.

    There is "learning" still going on when I test the V3i these days. All detectors intermingle in know-how. I'd keep the V3i. It ain't a fast machine but it sure has it's strength. I once used it to locate a gold ring, inside a burned apartment where a person died. I told the sister of the brother that I doubted I'd find it due to the nails in the floor boards, and other metals. The V3i streamlined correctly, and with a bit of work shoveling ashes, I did find the ring. It surprised me.
    3cylbill likes this.

  10. #10
    us
    Aug 2006
    Leesburg, VA
    I use an XP-Deus and have a Whites DFX as a back-up/loaner detector.
    122
    24 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Hi My Fellow TH'ers
    I had the V3 then had it updated to the V3i. My personal thoughts about the V3i is that it is a total piece of JUNK (I don't want anyone to know how I really feel about the V3i). I had mine for around five years or so. I never could get it to work right and had sent it back to Whites five times. They replaced it four times and did a major repair once. I then requested to exchange it with another detector and Whites allowed me to exchange it for the TDI-SL. Mu First time out with the TDI-SL I found more goodies than I found with the V3i in five years of use! I shared my thoughts on the Whites forum with everyone. Not being one to pull any punches as I tend to shoot from the hip, I shared my findings. Every year Whites would ask what features they should include in their 'next' detector. Well Whites did half listen to the request. The outcome was the MX-Sport, it was water proof, had wireless headphones and pinpointer. Most of the other suggestions were ignored, built in clock, USB connector for software upgrades, touch to another detector for program sharing, among others.

    My Suggestion for the V3i or MX-Sport is to find someone to buy it and let it go. If you have to keep it for a back up detector then do so. I kept my Whites DFX as my back up / Loaner detector. Between the Whites XLT and DFX these are the two very best detectors that Whites ever made.

    Garrett is now the go to folks for repairs, parts, upgrades to all Whites equipment, but I would suggest just sell your V3i and move on with life!

    There are many other easier to learn detectors in the market so why waste your time and energy trying to deal with a very difficult detector. I realize that every new detector has a learning curve but the V3i is by far the most difficult detector to learn/understand. ;-)

  11. #11
    us
    Feb 2005
    Three Rivers
    Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
    5,688
    2540 times
    Banner Finds (2)
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    V3I is a damn good machine very nice and well built.

    Only problem is you can swing machines that are 3 lbs lighter and perform just as well if not better.

    That's my two cents on the topic. As I get older I am liking the lighter weight machines.

    Don't get me wrong I can swing a 6 lb machine just don't want to anymore.

    Lot of the reason my ctx and etrac are collecting dust.

    Jer

  12. #12
    si
    Nov 2017
    Countryside
    DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
    305
    325 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by THing4CSA View Post
    Hi My Fellow TH'ers
    I had the V3 then had it updated to the V3i. My personal thoughts about the V3i is that it is a total piece of JUNK (I don't want anyone to know how I really feel about the V3i). I had mine for around five years or so. I never could get it to work right and had sent it back to Whites five times. They replaced it four times and did a major repair once. I then requested to exchange it with another detector and Whites allowed me to exchange it for the TDI-SL. Mu First time out with the TDI-SL I found more goodies than I found with the V3i in five years of use! I shared my thoughts on the Whites forum with everyone. Not being one to pull any punches as I tend to shoot from the hip, I shared my findings. Every year Whites would ask what features they should include in their 'next' detector. Well Whites did half listen to the request. The outcome was the MX-Sport, it was water proof, had wireless headphones and pinpointer. Most of the other suggestions were ignored, built in clock, USB connector for software upgrades, touch to another detector for program sharing, among others.

    My Suggestion for the V3i or MX-Sport is to find someone to buy it and let it go. If you have to keep it for a back up detector then do so. I kept my Whites DFX as my back up / Loaner detector. Between the Whites XLT and DFX these are the two very best detectors that Whites ever made.

    Garrett is now the go to folks for repairs, parts, upgrades to all Whites equipment, but I would suggest just sell your V3i and move on with life!

    There are many other easier to learn detectors in the market so why waste your time and energy trying to deal with a very difficult detector. I realize that every new detector has a learning curve but the V3i is by far the most difficult detector to learn/understand. ;-)
    So true. A Su-57 jet is a complete piece of junk - unless you know how to fly it. Most of us rather stay with cars - and why not.
    I consider V3i one of better machines even now. A bit old fashioned, a bit heavy but still a champ performer.

 

 

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. [SOLD] 4 new Whites coils 1 whites bag 1 whites bullseye ll pouch
    By Jamesbondaka in forum Treasure Related Stuff For Sale
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 07, 2017, 05:25 PM
  2. [SOLD] Whites 300 MM coil with lower rod, whites bullseye II pinpointer, jolly rogers headph
    By fmrUSMC_0844 in forum Treasure Related Stuff For Sale
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: Dec 08, 2016, 08:18 PM
  3. [SOLD] Whites Eclipse Deepscan DD 1400 / Whites Bullseye Pinpointer for sale
    By rockyredbaron in forum Treasure Related Stuff For Sale
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Apr 22, 2015, 03:18 AM
  4. [SOLD] For Trade: Brand new Whites TRX pinpointer for Whites 13" Ultimate Coil
    By jimmyzr1 in forum Treasure Related Stuff For Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Apr 24, 2014, 10:34 PM
  5. WTT a Whites 12" 300 Coil for Whites 5.3 Eclipse or Whites 4X6 Eclipse Shooter
    By ArizFlash in forum Treasure Related Stuff For Trade
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun 08, 2013, 06:16 PM
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0