Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
they were good - i have one. They went out of Biz. I think some guy is still working out of his house selling them/repairing them.

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
I heard they are still in business,

I believe they are still in business, Not too sure if it's Steve or someone else but I have heard from numerous people they are back.

I still use my Compass detectors, My most recent find last week was an 1869 1/2 dime made into a button, And the coin before this recent find was an 1852 $5 dollar gold piece recovered by the Goldscanner Pro.

Under the right situations Compass detectors still do extremely well, The 100 kHz 77b, 77B Automatic or 77 Auto Legend versions can't be beat in iron infested areas. What I call clean up machines used at the very end after pounding the iron ridden site with disc machines.

The GoldScanner Pro 13.77 kHz is another winner, It has excellent separation around iron, very good depth and great stability in mineralized soil.

Glad to see you guys still enjoy using a Compass detector, I'll enclose a pic of my four units I still use.

Thanks for bringing up the subject, hopefully others will post what they are using.

Paul (Ca)

Attachments

• 000001.JPG
    000001.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 182

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Older Compass machines go for fairly high prices (considering their age) on eBay. I recently bid on a couple and was out bid. Both went for over $150 each. One was a Judge III with an extra coil and the other was a Judge VI.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions