think the lifetime warranty is good only
for the original owner.

have a good un...
SHERMANVILLE

JOE(USA)

Dec 3, 2006
New Milford,CT.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes/Tiger Shark,Whites,B.H./ Teknetics,3DElectronics/ Two Box, Minelab XS,Excal.
WV Hillbilly,

I'm a tesoro dealer,so here is the answer to your question. You do not get a lifetime warranty with a Tesoro that you buy used. In fact the warranty states that "This warranty is not transferable- - - - ". However, detector users have found that Tesoro USUALLY repairs used detectors free of charge. In other words you do not have any legal rights that Tesoro will repair your detector. If I can help you further please PM me. Joe

WV Hillbilly said:
If I buy a used tesoro do I get the lifetime warranty ? Any paperwork , ect required ? Thanks in advance & HH .

CWnut

May 9, 2003
E. Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Tesoro tigershark----Tesoro Conquistador Umax------Fisher FX-3----Master Hunter CX-Plus w/ depth multiplier
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as Joe said; though it's not set in stone, Tesoro will generally repair their products free of charge.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've purchased 3 used Tesoros, but to date have never had a problem with them so haven't had to send them in. At the time of purchase, I felt I made a good enough deal that should I have to send them in for service I could afford to pay the price so I bought any way. Have heard the same as the other posts that generally they repair them regardless.
HH
Bill

greentreasurefish

Dec 1, 2007
Franklin, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab
I have talked to the people at Tesoro. I was amazed that the owner answered the phone and spent 30 minutes explaining metal detectors and just talking like we were friends. Everyone I have talked to say they are great and would probally repair your detector without questions. If my wife had not got me the Minelab for Christmas I would have a Tesoro today. It will be my next one. lee :)

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark
I bought and used Tiger Shark and was having trouble with it (it was contantly making at tone like it was finding metal---beeeeeep). I called and spoke with James and tried to trouble shoot it over the phone. We could not fix it over the phone. He said to send it in. Two weeks later I got it back. I called and even asked how much do I owe you. He said "nothing, its free."
That conversation and that great customer service sealed the deal in my mind. I will always buy Tesoro because of the way that he treated me. My only complaint about Tesoro is that they do not sell other things like clothes, food, etc. Could you imagine how happy the world would be if there was a chain of Tesoro stores.

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Actually, out here in the Northwest there is a chain of Tesoro stores. They don't sell detectors however, they're gas station/covenience stores.
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread