Im Hooked!!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm Hooked!!

Well I've only been detecting for a couple of months now but I can say I am hooked! Thought I would share a few pix of what I've found so far. I still haven't found a wheat which is my first goal.....well a ring would be awesome as well!!
I did find a 1959 cent today which is the oldest for me so far. The majority, about 95% of the stuff in the pix, was found on our local State Fair Grounds. I did a bit of research and the fair has taken place at this location sense 1973.
I have found only 1 nickel so far but I have been learning my detector and ignoring nickel/ pull tabs. Bad me!!! ;D But with time I will start digging those as well. Cheers and HH! also thanks for all the great info from you guys and gals on this site! Always can rely on you for answers. Shane :)

Attachments

• coins 001 (WinCE).jpg
    coins 001 (WinCE).jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 151
  • coins 002 (WinCE).jpg
    coins 002 (WinCE).jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 149
  • coins 003 (WinCE).jpg
    coins 003 (WinCE).jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 145
  • coins 001 (WinCE).jpg
    coins 001 (WinCE).jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 150
  • coins 002 (WinCE).jpg
    coins 002 (WinCE).jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 149
  • coins 003 (WinCE).jpg
    coins 003 (WinCE).jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 150

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: I'm Hooked!!

Shane, this is how we all started out. Well, the guys and gals that started hunting the land anyway. The Wheaties will come when you hunt older areas and after you find those you will want Indian Heads. It never stops and it is all about the hunt and not how much profit you make. I used to skip work to go detecting for pennies and was much happier for it.

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500

Howdy Shane.
Like Sandman said . We all start out with finding clad. and it sounds like your doing just fine by using the disc. mode until you get more use to your detector.
When you hit a rely old yard then turn it down for them nickles :) gold ;Dand yes pull tabs :P. but you will soon learn its worth it.
And most of all and I tell everyone that's new to detecting I also have to tell friends that have hunted with me a number of times.
Overlap your coil every swing or you WILL miss them wheat's and little rings.
When you hunt the old yards walk the best areas 1st walk ways ,cloths lines and where people get in and out of there cars. many coins get droped while hunting keys from pockets.
Then walk straight paths 1 way and then cross ways. you will be surprised what you missed on the 1st pass.
Let us know what you start finding.
HH
Red

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shane,

I think you did dang good! I know there's got to be more there cause of the thousands of people who visited the fair grounds each year...I'm one of them.

Keep it up & happy hunting! I'll just may come help ya.

;) RR

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Yep Shane...your stuck now.

I started detecting back in the early 80's...spent about 10 years doin it and tried another hobby. Well...I sold a telescope and bought a brand new detector this past Christmas. Seems the urge to find stuff in the ground was a lot stronger than finding things in the sky.

And as you go along, you'll get into the research that will make your mouth water with the knowledge that there are goodies to be had all around you.
It will be..."What do I want to detect first?"

Good luck and happy hunting,
Al

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11

Wow, Shane, your doing better than I am! I did a quick hunt in a park today and didn't find the first thing. :'(
Keep up the good work. I'm betting you find that IH soon. :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread