PLEASE HELP WITH MINELAB SE SETTINGS!

MONTCOPATIM

Nov 13, 2007
PA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE
HELLO ALL. MY NEW MINELAB WILL BE HERE IN A FEW DAYS AND WANTED TO KNOW WHICH SETTINGS CAN I QUICKLY SET IT FOR TO BEGIN HUNTING. AS SOON AS IT GETS HERE I WANT TO HUNT A LOCAL PARK WHICH I HAVE HUNTED BEFORE WITH MY CHEAPO MD AND I KNOW I HAVE MISSED A GREAT DEAL OF FINDS!! I WANT TO FIND THEM WITH MY SE. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED.

WHAT WOULD BE THE BEST SETTINGS FOR COINS?

GOLD RINGS??

TRASHY AREAS??

ETC.

THANKS FOR THE HELP AND I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED ON MY FINDS....HOPEFULLY THEY WILL GREATLY EXCEED THE BOUNTY HUNTER, WHICH I KNOW THEY WILL.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The manual will explain it all. There is a preset program that you'll use when you start and many don't even go off of it.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Download the manual from the Minelab site and start reading it now while you are waiting for your SE. And like the manual says-stay in the factory preset for quite some time until you understand the machine

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
If the SE is anything like the XS, (I'm sure the settings mostly are), I would say stick to factory presets with the exception of one..........GAIN. This may be set at 5 as the default and you may consider setting it to 7 or 8. I'd mention that I believe in Manual sens, while the machine is set to Auto sens. That is about anything that I would change. The second is not as important.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread