Tesoro Vaquaro vs. minelab X-Terra 70?

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey all,

If you had a decision to make, which would you choose?

The Tesoro Vaquaro or the Minelab X-terra 70?

I'm in the market for a lightweight machine that goes deep, thats dependable, rugged and is in the class with the big boys. I'm not looking to shell out $1000 for a an explorer or a DFX but I want something that can compete.

Let me know your thoughts

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's easy, the Minelab X-70. As good as the Vaquero is, it has a hard time on saltwater wet sand, can't respond to small nuggets and has no ID screen in case you would like to ignore pennies.

Old California

Jul 16, 2006
Central California
Sandman is right, I'll support what he says about the X-70 Terra.

In addition with what Sandman shared, The X-70 has a threshold which sounds like an Explorer. Has more features and detecting modes including an all-metal 2-TONE ID mode for relic detecting or for other types of hunting, Plus many coil opinions including an 18.75 kHz DD elliptical coil.

Plus, Gets allot more depth over the Vaquero.

You can find a good used X-70 with three coils which includes the 18.75 kHz elliptical for around $550.00, Or 10.5" DD medium kHz coil.

Go for the X-70, A little more but well worth it!

HH, Paul (Ca)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread