My first 2 days of learning (turns out you guys were right)

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
Been practicing with my new detector for the last two days after figuring where I went wrong thinking sure I'm getting the easy 2 to 3 inch finds but where are the deeper finds turns out I just needed to alter the settings bang a penny at around 8 inchs.

A clear but faint signal turned out to be a much larger coin at around 4inchs go figure the coin at 7 inch was much smaller and deeper and yet a much stronger signal must have been due to the amount of time it had been there.

nothing that old modern currency only but around $15.00 in two days. But I have enjoyed the experience though frustating at times lol :D

You guys that suggested buy a better detector. I have to admit bang on the money sure enough my find ratio has doubled the $15.00 was in a spot I had hunted to death with much cheaper models.

Oh one last thing now I'm finding stuff got the bug to upgrade again late this year ;).

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Pictures my man, pictures.

I have been patiently reading your posts, post after post. Many times just shaking my head (lol). You finally get there and NO PICS?

Just kidding guy. Congrats on your new machine. Keep at it!

OP
OP
S

strike it rich

Jun 19, 2007
Detector(s) used
Treasure baron with Goldtrax
Tin Nugget said:
Pictures my man, pictures.

I have been patiently reading your posts, post after post. Many times just shaking my head (lol). You finally get there and NO PICS?

Just kidding guy. Congrats on your new machine. Keep at it!
sorry I was just used of posting cr@ppo posts will add pictures soon
:)

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just remember when upgrading that a GOOD, ADEQUATE detector doesn't always have to be, or necessarily is, the most expensive or fancy. Keep diggin those coins and you'll be able to afford another in no time.
HH
Bill

Dimeman

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2007
Houston,TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Fisher F5
strike it rich said:
Been practicing with my new detector for the last two days after figuring where I went wrong thinking sure I'm getting the easy 2 to 3 inch finds but where are the deeper finds turns out I just needed to alter the settings bang a penny at around 8 inchs.

A clear but faint signal turned out to be a much larger coin at around 4inchs go figure the coin at 7 inch was much smaller and deeper and yet a much stronger signal must have been due to the amount of time it had been there.

nothing that old modern currency only but around $15.00 in two days. But I have enjoyed the experience though frustating at times lol :D

You guys that suggested buy a better detector. I have to admit bang on the money sure enough my find ratio has doubled the $15.00 was in a spot I had hunted to death with much cheaper models.

Oh one last thing now I'm finding stuff got the bug to upgrade again late this year ;).

Great going Strike, keep on digging those new coins....that gets them out of the way of the older coins!!!!

Way to go!!!! Happy Detecting!! :) :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread