I got one

K

Kentucky Kache

Hi debbie. Congrats on the new Whites, and welcome to the forum.

T

TreasurdiggrNY

Congrats on the new machine, bet you can't wait to get out!
looking forward to seeing your finds.
Glenn

R

robert roy

Thats Great Debbie:

Whites manufactures out a good metal detector. One SELDOM hears about problems with their machines.
I used to have an IDX Pro about four years ago but sold it and got a MXT. I also have an Ace 250, another great name in detectors.

From the map, it looks like your in the middle of a new residential area. ALso looks like some kind of lake a few miles away with some sandy beach. I bet you could find some good stuff there.
Keep us posted on what you find.

Have you heard of www.finemall.com. Thats also another good MD forum. Lots more people there that can help and give you advice.
Cut and paste: http://www.findmall.com/register.php?25,approve=cda3b64310736

Regards
Robert Roy

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats!

Get some dirt under it. First thing you want to do is bury some coins at various depths in your yard and practice. (Be sure you mark/map them well with golf tees or popsicle sticks, etc.). The better you know your detector the better your luck will be.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Congrats, Debbie12! :) Learn your machine then the rest will come natural. That is what everyone kept telling me, but I thought I could just go out there and come home with armfuls of treasures. 8) ;D

Good luck and I hope you do find many treasures.

Pepper

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome Debbie and best of luck on your new whites.. YOU will love it...everyone will help ya here and dont forget to post your goodies... I know I am a true blue addict...yes, I can proudly stand up and say, yes, I am a detector addict... lol hey I could start a group for that ya know....like aaa on ddb ( dirt detecting blues) hardy har har...

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great!!!!

Make sure you keep the discrimination down (I have been running about 1 notch below preset, just iron) and I keep the sens. 1 notch below preset, for me that seems to work the best for my PrizmIII. you will find some goodies, just practive and get to know what it's telling you

Don't forget to let us know what you find and post the pics (we love pics ;D )

slingchine

Sep 22, 2006
Logan County Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
4 Garretts, a Bounty Hunter, and a hickory twig
Congrats Debbie on your new machine and your new adventure!! You will never regret either one.
Have fun and keep us posted on your finds.

Awright then.....ummmmm...hmmmm

bavarianminister

Dec 9, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Tesoro Cibola, Garrett GTA1000, GTAX550, ACE250, Fisher 1212, Minelab X-terra, Whites DFX
Wish I could get my daughter into this sport. She is a sophomore in college. The college dates back to the 30's. Good luck - just stick with it!

JC dig's

Jul 10, 2007
Culpeper,Va
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x / whites xlt / garret ace250
Welcome to the world of junk metal diggers, remember "old aluminum cans are treasure to"...... NOT.............

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
Welcome and congrats debbie- remember, we love pics here!

Speaking of which, there IS a "Mugshots" forum.... ;)

UncleVinnys

Bronze Member
Dec 27, 2007
Hancock Street, Folsom, CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600
Hey - congratulations!
Enjoy it!

Let me guess - the LONGEST 5 days of your live have been the days between when you ordered it and it arrived in the mail, right????!!

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
From this Debby to that Debbie....Welcome and enjoy this addiction. Looks like you live near the shore. Lucky You!!! I live near Philly but get to the shore regularly in the summer. Maybe i'll see ya there!!

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome! Research will make that machine all the better. Find you a nice virgin spot and you'll do great.

Ken

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread