A LITTLE FAMILY HISTORY

red949597

Nov 21, 2007
CHINQUAPIN NC
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 505, whites prizm lll
HEY GUYS HERE IS A PHOTO OF MY NEXT GREAT ADVENTURE. THIS CORNER LOT HAS A LITTLE HISTORY TO IT. THERE WAS AN OLD STORE THAT SAT RIGHT NEXT TO THE ROAD HEAR, SO CLOSE IM TOLD THAT IT WAS HARD TO KEEP YOUR VEHICLE OUT OF WAY OF OTHER CARS COMMING DOWN THE ROAD. AND AS A BONUS THERE USED TO BE AN OLD WOOD HOUSE BEHIND THE TREE IN THE PHOTO. MY GREAT UNCLE AND HIS SON USED TO MAKE RINGS OUT OF SILVER 50 CENT PEICES AND SELL THEM TO MAKE MONEY, WELL FROM WHAT I HAVE BEEN TOLD THAT WAS ABOUT THE TIME THEY LIVED AT THIS LOT. I KNOW IT WILL HAVE TO BE PURE LUCK TO FIND SOMETHING LIKE THAT BUT I FEEL THAT SOME SILVER WILL TURN UP JUST DONT KNOW HOW MUCH. THE LAND HAS BEEN FARMED FOR SOME TIME NOW AND THE GROUND IS VERY EASY TO DIG. ILL KEEP YALL POSTED.

Attachments

• corner lot.jpg
    corner lot.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 411

JimBeHuntin'

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2007
Down East North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (As of 10/2011)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey red949597 ... welcome to the forum ... glad to see another NC hunter on here ... sounds like you've done your homework on the old store and house site ... hope it pays off in some nice old coins for you ... keep us posted and good luck ~ Jimmy

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
welcome and good luck hunting there... hope you find some goodies..

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
Welcome to Tnet. Keep us posted. I hope you find one of them 50 cent rings!!

carpetbagger

Sep 4, 2006
Rock Hill S.C
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro / Whites XLT / Garrett Ace 250
Welcome Red!!!!! good luck with that spot, I've been at it for several months now and finally found my first wilver today!, man was i siked

Jeff

OP
OP
red949597

red949597

Nov 21, 2007
CHINQUAPIN NC
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter 505, whites prizm lll
OK HERE IS THE UPDATE ON THE CORNNER LOT SO FAR( SORRY ABOUT THE PICTURES I DONT HAVE A SCANNER)

TWO MERCURY DIMES 1935S, 1941S
ONE ROSIE 1963D
ONE JEFFERSON 1940S

THE MURCERYS WERE FOUND ALONG THE LEFT SIDE OF THE FEILD AND WERE ABOUT TEN FEET FROM EACH OTHER. THE ROSIE WAS FOUND ALL THE WAY TO THE OTHER SIDE TOWARD THE ROAD. THE NICKLE CAME UP BESIDE THE PUMP HOUSE. I ALSO FOUND A FEW WHEAT PENNIES OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FEILD BUT THEY WERE IN ROUGH SHAPE. THATS ALL FOR NOW WILL KEEP LOOKING.

Attachments

• corner lot 031.jpg
    corner lot 031.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 249

E59

Feb 28, 2005
On the river bank
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Really cool history, it would be so nice to find something they made. I know if you look long enough you will!

DirkSears

Jan 14, 2008
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites M6 - Standard coil & Super 12
Welcome Red! That money was probably in your great Uncles pocket at one point in time! It's nice to keep money in the family ;D! Keep the pics coming.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread