Gold Price$

spyguy

Jan 30, 2006
With the price of gold soaring towards $1K per ounce it's enough to make a man want to brave the jungles of South America to try to find Inca relics, nuggets, & bars stashed by the Nazis after WWII. Ever since the Bretton Woods agreement back in '72 making it legal again for americans to own gold the demand for the stuff just keeps on climbing into the stratosphere. It shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.
I was fortunate enough the other day while detecting a volleyball court at a local park to see that sweet and familiar glimmer in the sand. My 10" coil failed to pick up the "scent" of what turned out to be a tiny tear-drop shaped earring. Probably a sign that I need to revert back to the 7 & 1/4" coil that came standard w/ my machine. The other being that while I can cover twice the ground w/ the larger coil, I can only swing it for half as long before my shoulder starts hurting.
In these troubled economic times of high gas prices, wild swings on Wall St., the housing/credit crisis, high unemployment & a looming recession one thing is for sure: INGOT WE TRUST!
Think I'll head out again soon and try to dig some more up....
HH
-spyguy

sniffer

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2006
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
I don't know if I would be going to South America for gold, too many bad guys willing to kill you for a couple of bucks let alone gold, believe me, if you're in the jungle with a MD they know you're not a tourist.
personally I'd still go to Arizona or Nevada, or even Colorado, they still have places you go to look for gold on public land
and from what I heard it's relatively easy to get permission from private owners.
anyway I'm with you.

INGOT WE TRUST Sniffer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread