Coil Question for the Experts

TechsanGold

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2007
Ladies and Gents,

A friend of mine came across a map that details the approximate location of what we suspect to be a buried cache. The map details a location where "the carts were burned and the bullion was buried". We have found the general location, but have found nothing using our small coils. Meteorite hunter Steve Brenham built a large coil that he hauls with an ATV which allows deep penetration and the ability to cover a large area. Our location has been narrowed to an area of about 1 square mile. I would like to build a coil similar to what is pictured below, but my internet searches have yielded little helpful information. Does anyone have any expertise in this area or any possible links or contacts? We have been "doing our homework" on this potential cache for about 5 years and think the potential is high for a good find. We think it's Mexican gold and silver in the heart of Texas, about 2 hours from my house. The handwritten map was found in the pages of book purchased at a garage sale for 25 cents and looks to be from the turn of the century. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Happy Hunting!

Techs

Attachments

• FF_148_meteor2_t.gif
    FF_148_meteor2_t.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 183

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
You might send Rob a PM and ask him aobut his design for this.

Rob in KS
Charter Member

Middle of Kansas

Re: THE CHISHOLM TRAIL HUNT
« Reply To This Topic #268 on: Aug 11, 2007, 06:44:21 AM » Quote

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Tin Nugget on Aug 10, 2007, 05:37:35 PM
Rob, I am not sure what MD you are using but I will have my back up with me. It's an IDX/Pro and you are welcome to try it and use it if you like it. It is a very good detector.

Thank you for the offer. The detector I got for my son several years ago isn't very good, I'm not even going to bring it. The detector I'm bringing is my home made PI. Its a 3 foot coil on wheels. It's perfect for finding that Wells-Fargo strongbox I built it for finding meteorites, but discovered that it's a relic magnet. We can cover a LOT of ground with it. I'll let everyone take a turn pushing it around. It doesn't pinpoint very well with that 3 foot coil. I usually place a flag and come back to pinpoint later. This is just what you need on your CW site.

Attachments

• indexCANU0E2C.jpg
    indexCANU0E2C.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 226

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These treasure tales are exciting to read about and the facts are that if treasure was really there it would have been found already or never existed in the first place. Where did the information come from. Don't you think the ones that buried it would have come back for it since they would know exactly where they buried it.

A friend of mine came across a map that details the approximate location of what we suspect to be a buried cache. The map details a location where "the carts were burned and the bullion was buried".

Save your time and money on most of these.

OP
OP
T

TechsanGold

Tenderfoot
Jan 14, 2007
I hear ya Sandman. In all likelihood, we won't find what we're looking for. But, I must say I have a blast getting out in the country and trying. In the place we're looking, there is chipped flint everywhere. My buddy found a stone axe. This place was crawling with Comanche indians. Besides, it's not like I'm qutting my day job for this endeavor and I'm not spending much monetarily. Thanks for the comment.

DirkSears

Jan 14, 2008
Indianapolis
Detector(s) used
Whites M6 - Standard coil & Super 12
I'm not sure how to build one but this might be an option for you...

http://hobby.us.whiteselectronics.com/content/view/91/103/

or this one,

just select GTI2500, then Treasurehound eagleye.

http://www.garrett.com/hobby/products/searchcoils.asp

I don't know if buying a new detector is in your budget but if it were me and I really thought I had a good chance at finding that treasure...

You could always sell it after your search is over if you don't find anything. You might take a little loss but it probably wouldn't be any less than the cost of making a detector like you're talking about.

Just a thought....GOOD LUCK! I HOPE YOU FIND IT!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions