If The Ground Is Not Frozen........

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
We need to grab our detectors and take our lazy full of excuses butts and go swinging!!! No excuses! Okay, at least that is what went though my head after watching this guy. What determination! Anyone here have or know someone with a similar situation who metal detects?

[youtube=425,350]iFGDgHNh9aU[/youtube]

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
I met a guy at the beach once that had two artificial legs. It took him a long time to go through all the normal steps of detecting that we all take for granted. His attitude was the best! He truly enjoyed every moment during his outings. He asked me how I was doing and I said "Not to good, just finding a bunch of junk!"

He didn't care if he was finding good stuff or junk. He told me the good stuff was a bonus, but the bad stuff was more important to him because it kept him in shape by forcing him to do a lot of bending.

After that I had a new respect for junque, although it still didn't keep me from turning up the discriminate a little more, LOL!

I guess we all just have to try to keep everything in perspective.

Another persons trash really can be another ones treasure..........Even in the world of detecting.

cybercop106

Sep 26, 2005
Back in the MO Ozarks
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cortes; Garrett GTAx 1000, Bounty Hunter Tracker 2D/707 and a pair of Tracker II models
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yesterday Dad and I went out for a couple hours in 10 degree weather with 40 mph winds blowing snow flurries around. Reminded me of my Army days in Fairbanks/Ft Wainwright AK!!
After hacking 4 quarters, 4 nickels, two dimes, 14 pennies, one and a half keys, a metal flag button and an broken keyring out of the frozen ground I was ready for a BIG cup of hot chocolate........... preferably one I could CLIMB INTO!!!
frozen_finds.jpg

I'm rated 80% disabled by the Dept of Veteran's Affairs and 70% disabled by the US Army, but every time I see someone with artificial limbs I thank God I was able to keep my arm (and most of my internal organs).
A slight limp, some nerve damage and digestive problems don't EVEN compare to what they have overcome! Those folks were and still are an inspiration to me, that's for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread